Pakistan v Australia | 4th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 01/05/09 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak MUST play all overs - its criminal to get bowled out before that

Inswinger said:
I hope he sits out the nest match. Would be a good example for the rest of the team. You don't do your job and your out of the team.

It would be a terrific thing to do if he really put it that way.

Ok yasir arafat and afridi need to have a decent parternship now, keep it ticking they got 13 overs, then blast when the time is right with ur tail wickets in hand...

I been saying that since butt got out... haha

200 the target... the aussies will chase that in no time.. We may as well hold our white flags up, because we're a bunch of losers.

fuzuk2007 said:
200 the target... the aussies will chase that in no time.. We may as well hold our white flags up, because we're a bunch of losers.
Speak for yourself.

The aussie fast bowlers are moving the ball. Now, when the pakistani fast bowlers will bowl, they wont find an inch of movement. I still maintain that our fast bowling is causing a lot of the problems

Sultan Yusuf said:
Yea cheers Malik - way to go to kill the momentum. Deserves to be dropped like a bad habit..
dont say anything.People just think that We are haters of Malik.

No heroics needed from Arafat - just stay there and support Afridi

why aren't they taking the powerplay!!? I bet they've forgotten again..or are waiting for it when Saeed Ajmal gets in to bat so he can show his skills.

Arafat needs to hang in ther with afridi. They need 200 first. Anything above and over will be a bonus. Afridi telling araft...

shahbash kharay ho kay.. kuch nahi karay ga..

You reckon yasir arafat can hold it down with afridi, is he good enough batsmen, sorry but i never seen him play.

Afridi will be gone in no time.. You can't expect him to hang around. He will go for one big one and be caught out.. It's up to Arafat now.

Time to take Powerplay now. Perfect for Afridi and Arafat.

150-6 off 38 overs.

Afridi edges it towards the 2nd slip... down to 3rd man.. saves a boundary.

tauseefm said:
so how do you rate Maliks inning apart from his helmet ? :inti

Bright spark in an otherwise dark day

Just a single 50 scored by pakistani batsmen in series so far! pathetic!

Don't worry guys, Afridi will win us the match today (with bat an ball), Inshaallah.

Riddle me this...Afridi finds some form with the bat after yonks, and the batting ability of the rest of the team goes AWOL, why???

rhussain33 said:
You reckon yasir arafat can hold it down with afridi, is he good enough batsmen, sorry but i never seen him play.
He's decent. Has a few first class 100s. Not a real slogger but will hold down an end for you. Just don't count on him to get you runs.

Edge from Afridi for 2. Some good fielding from Bollinger. Fumbled it a few times. Poor running.

im sure the pakistan team think they ahve to use the last powerplay in the last 5 overs they missed a trick every game when afridi come they should use it there and then

Most of the Aussie team has bowled today !! 8 of them

This power play business again !!! UFF ALLAH - why is that so painful?

Arafat is the most experienced county cricketer in the sqaud, he better hold down his end!

Inswinger said:
A Momo appearance. Must be a special day!!
Afridi winning us the match with an all-round display (Inshallah). Days don't come much more special than this.

Now I hope ppl wont blame afridi here.its our main batsmen who are the problem.
Younus out of form and needs to do an Inzi and bat at 5.
Malik is not a frontline batsmen forget his stats they are misleading.I would bring him to 3 for time being.
Misbah is the main problem here he cant rotate the strike and you cant have him just for sixs you need more then that.

Afridi staying till the end will be good for Pakistan. If he faces 60-70 balls , he is bound to score at a run a ball.

We really need to call back some of the ICL players into this squad. We're just not good enough. We miss Mo Yo badly, and Imran Nazir could do a good job for us too.

insaftak said:
take powerplays, what is younis waiting for
Its not younis call, player in the middle needs to take it. but yea he can send the message in the middle

fuzuk2007 said:
We really need to call back some of the ICL players into this squad. We're just not good enough. We miss Mo Yo badly, and Imran Nazir could do a good job for us too.
OK

Afridi gets a quick single.. good to see him off strike against bracken

back to earth and if Afridi can stay for the next 10 overs than we have a realistic chance of 200+

he needs support

tauseefm said:
Its not younis call, player in the middle needs to take it. but yea he can send the message in the middle
In the last match we were forced to take it!!!!

Momo said:
Afridi winning us the match with an all-round display (Inshallah). Days don't come much more special than this.

I knew everyone keeps saying he can single handedly win matches but why do the rest of the Pakistan team take this literally?

Arafat chumping at the bit to get off the mark...hope he doesnt someting silly

I'm not sure who decides when to take the Powerplay but the batsmen in the middle should decide instead of the captain.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have forgotten again about the Powerplay.

Lethal said:
I'm not sure who decides when to take the Powerplay but the batsmen in the middle should decide instead of the captain.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have forgotten again about the Powerplay.
lolll I hope they dont

NeVerMind said:
I knew everyone keeps saying he can single handedly win matches but why do the rest of the Pakistan team take this literally?
Well he can. He has.

Having said that, the rest should also do their bit.

what difference does a powerplay make to afridi, every single over is a powerplay to him.

fuzuk2007 said:
what difference does a powerplay make to afridi, every single over is a powerplay to him.
PP allows him to get away with some mistimed shots.

your tensport is 20 seconds faster than mine...

Ball keeping low - that could help us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back