Pakistan v New Zealand | 2nd Test - Day 1 | Wellington | 3/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muddaser said:
He got his chance and failed.

Like it or not, Punjab is producing better cricketers than Karachi. Fast bowlers have always been better and batsmen too. Course the sporting conditions in the North play a part.
Aaaa how many chances. Let's see, how many tests has Butt saab played. Not to mention Malik, Farhat, Misbah. Last time I checked, they played more tests than Hasan Raza so please don't give me this crap about him getting his chance and failing.

rhussain33 said:
Has the toss happened yet or what ??

yes

It happens 30 mins before game.

Cricinfo just don't give much importance to Pakistan so they wont bother reporting it until they can be bothered.

Cricinfo:

Hello all and welcome to the coverage of the second Test between Pakistan and New Zealand. First news coming in from the ground is that outfield is wet and it would take some time to restore it to order. We should have a clear picture by 12:00 pm local time (23:00 GMT)

Hello all and welcome to the coverage of the second Test between Pakistan and New Zealand. First news coming in from the ground is that outfield is wet and it would take some time to restore it to order. We should have a clear picture by 12:00 pm local time (23:00 GMT)

Hmm...if the game is going to be played under damp and cloudy environment, they should play 4 seamers, and dump the spinners. Malik and Fawad can roll their arms around if spin is required.

sagar said:
Aaaa how many chances. Let's see, how many tests has Butt saab played. Not to mention Malik, Farhat, Misbah. Last time I checked, they played more tests than Hasan Raza so please don't give me this crap about him getting his chance and failing.

If Hasan was so special why hasnt he been selected. I mean last time I checked the Chief selector is from Karachi.

Our Chief patron is from Sindh. :Zardari

Muddaser said:
If Hasan was so special why hasnt he been selected. I mean last time I checked the Chief selector is from Karachi.

Come on, man. Let it go. Some people will never be satisfied.

No coverege yet

Ten Sports is showing Hockey
Zee Cinema is showing a film

kider gei hum?

Is cricinfo using tv feed for its commentary for the pak matches or does it come live from the ground?

Muddaser said:

b/c PCB is a one man show

pak4life said:
Is cricinfo using tv feed for its commentary for the pak matches or does it come live from the ground?
Using TV feed. Or at least they were doing that for the first test.

pak4life said:
they have reporters and connections live from the ground.

germanboy said:
No coverege yet

Ten Sports is showing Hockey
Zee Cinema is showing a film

kider gei hum?
That's what you get from such channels. Only PPV channels take the effort of a pre and post match show.

Inswinger said:
Using TV feed. Or at least they were doing that for the first test.
If they were using tv feed, how would they know the outfield is wet?
Ten Sports showing hockey and Zee Cinema showing film :)

Muddaser said:
That's the point, PCB has a history of not giving good players a chance. They keep recycling the crap players. If they can have Farhat, Butt or even call Misbah back, why can't they call Hasan Raza back. What has he done so bad that he can never be considered for another chance. Give me a break. This whole politics in PCB is very obvious and will always be like that.

iHammad said:
If they were using tv feed, how would they know the outfield is wet?
Ten Sports showing hockey and Zee Cinema showing film :)
The NZ radio.

sagar said:

Its not because Hasan is from Karachi thats why he isn't being selected is cause players like Farhat have their Farther-In-Law backing him. So Farhat is in the team cause of his Father-In-law not cause he is from Lahore. Like FAisal is there cause of :jm .
So it dosen't matter if ur from Karachi or Lahore its just if you have some "Sifarish" than you get in the team over more deserving players.

First news coming in from the ground is that outfield is wet and it would take some time to restore it to order. We should have a clear picture by 12:00 pm local time (23:00 GMT).

azfar wali said:
Its not because Hasan is from Karachi thats why he isn't being selected is cause players like Farhat have their Farther-In-Law backing him. So Farhat is in the team cause of his Father-In-law not cause he is from Lahore. Like FAisal is there cause of :jm .
So it dosen't matter if ur from Karachi or Lahore its just if you have some "Sifarish" than you get in the team over more deserving players.

Thank You.

Lets remember Farhats father In law and Faisals Uncles cant help them on the field. If they dont perform they are OUT.

Muddaser said:
Thank You.

Lets remember Farhats father In law and Faisals Uncles cant help them on the field. If they dont perform they are OUT.

I Really can't remember when Fasial Iqbal last "performed" but yet he is in the team :jm

is there any solid proof that farhats in law is the reason he has been picked or are we just presuming things up and thus making yourself as bad as the crap media back home.

11.45am The teams have been practicing indoors over the last few days due to the unfavourable weather. Both have little idea of how the pitch will behave, they haven't had much of a chance to actually see it as it's been under wraps. The Basin Reserve in Wellington is hosting it's 50th Test today, quite an achievement, and the last thing we all need is a damp squib. So fingers crossed, and hopefully we'll see some action asap

azfar wali said:
I Really can't remember when Fasial Iqbal last "performed" but yet he is in the team :jm

He made 150 against India in Karachi. I he made a 50 too after that. Course he rarely plays so technically you cant drop him. ;-)

Farhats father in law. Well this guy will go to any extreme to get his way. Even went on hunger strike. Heck declared war on the PCB.
:97:

yaar no toss yet and Ten Sports is showing Hockey

i think they will start the coverge at 23:00 GMT Time.

According to Geo .Pakistan 11 .farhat, Butt, Misbah,Yousef, Malik, akmal brothers , kaneria , aamir,aasif gul

cricketpassion said:
According to Geo .Pakistan 11 .farhat, Butt, Misbah,Yousef, Malik, akmal brothers , kaneria , aamir,aasif gul
Same Geo that reported Kaneria wasn't in the 13 man probable?

what did manzoor do so wrong compared to farhat to be dropped? oh wait, he forgot to have his father in law work in the PCB.

Crappy Asian channels. Why cant Zee show whats going on?

are yaar abhi sari raat jagna hai aur uper se delay hogaya hai

iska matlab kal match 22:30 GMT par shuru hoga.

cricketpassion said:

According to Oxy: Geo & ARY know sod all about Pak cricket!

cricketpassion said:

OMFG

jwizle said:
what did manzoor do so wrong compared to farhat to be dropped? oh wait, he forgot to have his father in law work in the PCB.

His two mistakes , No father in law in PCB & didnt drop 5 catches :moyo

Oxy said:
Crappy Asian channels. Why cant Zee show whats going on?
Do you not enjoy the free music they provide? I mean who want shear some boring old men talking about cricket. it's not as if a match is about to start....

yaar i dont belive on geo, ary news just before the start.

They have no idea just writing to get some viewers around.

so ten sports is going live again let see

and nothing there they are back to normal lol

JeeraBlade said:
Willow TV's TEN sport stream showing some stupid soccer documentary.
Can;t blame Willow for this. TEN Sports isn't broadcasting yet. They came on for a few minutes to tell us about the conditions. Zee Cinema is showing some movie/songs.

pakistan won the toss and decided to give it away to new zealand. pakistan management have requested new zealand to give 4 chances in one innings to imran farhat in return...

Cricinfo:

"Iain O'Brien has his blog out, and he's pretty excited about playing the 50th Test at this venue. The players received their caps for this game from a 93-year old, who's attended every Test played at the ground. That's some fan."

all 50 games.WOW!

germanboy said:
it's going to be a 12.45pm start.
Cricinfo
wow thanks.
That's exactly when I have to go for my parent teacher meeting at school :pissed:

The Great Khan's documentary on TEN Sports.

Attachments

• Test 2 pic 2.JPG
    Test 2 pic 2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 112
vettori and moyo having a chat about run up area - vettori still not happy wiith it.

with the pitch covered for the last few days there will be plenty of moisture in the pitch hope we get to ball first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back