Pakistan v New Zealand | 3rd Test- Day 1 | Napier | 11/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
pak4life said:
is kami going to do an India on NZ? Were we 25-5 then?

I think we were 39-6 when Kami came in.

We need a similar innings from him right now.

iZeeshan said:
Honestly, Farhat has to be given credit here. I don't care how many chances he's had, the fact is that everyone's fell around him, and he's still out there.

Knock on wood, btw, because I really want to see him go on and get a 100.

hes 2 rubbsih to get an edge

Oxy said:
Snicko shows contact - why dont they use it???

Has to be irrefutable evidence to overturn a decision, if there's nothing on hotspot then it's not irrefutable

iZeeshan said:
We're looking at a 150 run partnership here.

Mark my words.
Team meeting only said Imran and Kamran will bat one session together. There was no mention of 150 runs as that adds pressure

And who wanted to drop farhat! :))) :))) :)))

I made a thread supporting him to be kept as an opener, thinking he was consistent at least making 30s instead of the single figures of our other openers.

Didn't expect that Farhat would be holding strong on his own seemingly untroubled as other batsmen are falling apart.

Farhat will definitely be picked in the Australia tests now lol, in this first innings he's likely to make up half of Pakistan's runs!

Imran Farhat secures his place for the rest of his career now... :inti

just shows you his last shot...we are in danger.

Last edited:
Wah ji wah, is ball se ye sabit hua the ball is following the bat.

I am lost for words.

NZ team actually laughing at our shots.

Shameful day

damaad trying his best to join his mates but edge to slip eluding him

this farhat guy should be kicked out along with a few others....right now i am so angry i dont care if he makes a tripple hundred

Oxy said:
Geoffrey Boycott on BBC TMS

"Ive just handed my order in for Lunch....as had 5 Pakistani batsman 30 mins ago"
lol thats a classic line. Thats right also, when selectors dont pick the right player how do you expect us to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opening batsman
Test match
1st morning of the test
67/5
10 minutes to go to lunch

and

Farhat playing as if he is playing in ICL ---- he has lost all the respect I had for him - if any!

Last edited:
Uzi said:
I think we were 39-6 when Kami came in.

We need a similar innings from him right now.
yeah but wasn't that an ODI?
This is a test. The batting pitch isn't bad either I don't think.

ads101 said:
yeah but wasn't that an ODI?
This is a test. The batting pitch isn't bad either I don't think.

karachi test man

I think all the members on Pakpassion should donate PCB for a good batting coach....or donate some kookabura balls...

JeeraBlade said:
Opening batsman
Test match
1st morning of the test
67/5
10 minutes to go to lunch

and

Farhat playing as if he is playing in ICL ---- he has lost all the respest I had for him!

:O you had some?

I'm just keeping an eye on my watch. Less than 10 minutes for lunch. Hope both the batsmen know that too.

HAHAHA Imran farhat showing his 20-20 skills,,,wanna show he is better opener than Kamran Akmal in 20-20 mode

Tuffey to Imran Farhat, FOUR, How on earth is Farhat surviving? his response to a back of length ball angling outside off is an ugly, ugly heave that was straight out of Twenty20, edges it over second slip

Again, I know a lot of people on this board don't like Farhat.

And I myself was disgusted with him after all his drops.

But please, give credit where credit is due. I am qualifying by stating that he's had his chances, but HE IS STILL OUT THERE. It's not a complete fluke.

oxy bhai, thanks for that. hahaha inshallah we will win from Aussie's with score's like 70 to 80 in first innings. What do ya say?

germanboy said:
Tuffey to Imran Farhat, FOUR, How on earth is Farhat surviving? his response to a back of length ball angling outside off is an ugly, ugly heave that was straight out of Twenty20, edges it over second slip
I know I shouldn't be laughing as Pakistan is loosing.

But this is one of the funniest innings I've seen. Oh and farhat, the sheer comedy of the situation.

:akmal looks alot more assured while playing his 'attacking' strokes than Farhat,who looks ****.

iZeeshan said:

But please, give credit where credit is due. I am qualifying by stating that he's had his chances, but HE IS STILL OUT THERE. It's not a complete fluke.

Hes just not been good enough to edge the ball!

Its the worst 40 odd Ive seen in years!

Don't forget we were 85/5 in the first test, and we still came back and got a decent total in the end. NZ's batting isn't good at all, and our bowling is a lot better than there's. This game is no where near over.

i know this is extreamly rubbish......but i love pakistani cricket :))))

Kamran Akmal can't wait for the lunch he is hungry....was no need for that shot realy 12 minutes to go before lunch...

Oxy said:
Hes just not been good enough to edge the ball!

Its the worst 40 odd Ive seen in years!
But you can't ignore that he's on 45 and still out there while everyone is falling like flies around him. That adds immense pressure. Yes he's had farts and he's been lucky, but maybe that's just what we need.

iZeeshan said:

he has a talent of making 30 odd as an opener (which is more than we expect for our current openers really). He's actually in some ways the most talented opener we have unfortunately.

In such a pressure situation, I'm suprised he hasn't fallen apart.
Still I doubt he'll get a century with the way he's playing lol.

Oxy said:
Its because they are so risky...

Good shot is off the middle

Bad shot is off edge

Fine line between success and failure

TalhaSyed said:
i know this is extreamly rubbish......but i love pakistani cricket :))))
me too!

And New zealand think they can rival Pakistani batting collapses.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back