Pakistan v New Zealand | 3rd Test- Day 1 | Napier | 11/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaser said:
its what makes us unique :younis

exactly...even Bang wont be looking to smack 6s and 4s at a time like this but there is no stopping us :afridi

For Farhat, Good Shot - 4
Bad Shot - Anything he defends

Zaz said:
Good shot is off the middle

Bad shot is off edge

Fine line between success and failure

Imran Farhat has had 50/50 of each. He should have been out as many times as he got has got boundaries.

Dont worry folks one of these guys will score a 100

And it's lunch people's.

Let's leave them wicketless in the next session and get to 180.

But my prediction for the end of next session is 176/7

Is it me or did kamran akmal start batting better since umar came onto the scene?
It's like the competition between brothers has spurred him on!

Ok guys, am off now better try and get some sleep which has mostly disappeared after seeing this fun packed 1st session!

Well some bad batting...but the pitch is not dead by any means....it has pace and bounce...this is what the game is all about...

Inshallah Imran and Kami will score big I have feeling once the pitch eases down a bit.

JeeraBlade said:
Opening batsman
Test match
1st morning of the test
67/5
10 minutes to go to lunch

and

Farhat playing as if he is playing in ICL ---- he has lost all the respect I had for him - if any!

Surprising that you had any respect left for him after the first Test. Like they say, be-izati uss ki hoti ha jis ki izzat ho

Besides moyo, and the AKmals, none of these guys should be in the team. The commentators were making fun of our top order all the time.

the cricinfo guy is saying that there wasnt much for the bowlers...is he on crack...The pitch has bounce and pace...

waqar_ahmad said:
Besides moyo, and the AKmals, none of these guys should be in the team. The commentators were making fun of our top order all the time.

Yaar, the Kiwis were laughing at the shots we were playing - is there a bigger baistee han that?

43948609.jpg

luvthegame said:
the cricinfo guy is saying that there wasnt much for the bowlers...is he on crack...The pitch has bounce and pace...

I think he is just emphasising the point that this is no minefield, which it is not.

I think the average score here is over 400 and the pitch will get better and better for batting.

iZeeshan said:
And it's lunch people's.

Let's leave them wicketless in the next session and get to 180.

But my prediction for the end of next session is 176/7
that's a bit high/optimistic!

I think we'll be all out for 140.

If Farhat and akmal both make centuries, they'll rescue pakistan and post an average total score which our bowlers could defend.

Note that Akmal and Farhat are the only two real batsmen left. Yes Aamer might produce a good innings, yet under such pressure it's unlikely and it's not expected of him.

Our tailenders are really weak at batting. Gul, Asif and Kaneria can't bat. Expect them to go for close to nothing..

I think the Kiwi comms have been very charitable to us, wait until we play in OZ land.

O'Brien's wife won't be happy. Pakistani batsman are making him look like Jeff Thompson. Now NZ may try to stop him and he may not migrate to UK. Conspiracy against her by Pakistani selectors.

300 is the bare bare minimum we need at this wicket. Its hard to see even NZ collapse on this pitch. Its certainly is NOT a 99 or even a 199 pitch!

What i dont get is where did the positive frame of mind wnet when we won the 2nd test. ITs like the batsmen saying to our bowlers...

"well its up to u guyz"

I sincerely hopes baba doesn't lead us in the ODI's

Ejazz Hippoo wake up!!

Well what a joke. A flat track with a bit of bounce and Pak batsman just look clueless to say the least.

Pakistan will need a miracle just to get 200, and even then the game will be gone. In 1 session they have killed the test match.

If we get very lucky, we'll score between 150 and 200. I don't think we will cross 200 in the first innings.

farsiddiqui said:
If we get very lucky, we'll score between 150 and 200. I don't think we will cross 200 in the first innings.
I would like to predict 250....

farsiddiqui said:
it will be miracle if we cross 240 mark

farsiddiqui said:
200 might not be so bad. Kiwi batsmen are equally as bad as ours.

200 is the bare minimum they need to score to have any chance at all in this match now. pitch had nice bounce but that is about all. there wasnt any swing or weird things going on.
So, Aus Malik will probably be back again as bhanja did not perform in this match. Are they trying to pull a fast one on us?!

Big Mac said:
Looks like Malik was the one holding the middle order together just by his mere presence

I've decided that because the highlights are too painful to watch, I'm going to check the stats and crunch the numbers and see if my joke might actually be true. Will be back with the results in a minute

Oxy said:
Whitney? - she could do a job at No.3

As she would say Crack is whack Oxy!! :D Probably would have better foot movement than the current lead footed moron that currently resides there.

Big Mac said:
I've decided that because the highlights are too painful to watch, I'm going to check the stats and crunch the numbers and see if my joke might actually be true. Will be back with the results in a minute
twiddling his thumbs in anticipation

relax guys..this is just a game..these things happen...kami and farhat need to bat with responsibility and try to make a good score...

luvthegame said:
relax guys..this is just a game..these things happen...kami and farhat need to bat with responsibility and try to make a good score...
Happen once too much...

Most of you need to take a chill pill

There are five days in a test match for a reason :misbah

yaar chawal kha kar need ani shuru ho gei hai

ab chai banani paregi!

kisi ne peeni hai to agei

anyway is there anyone out there from Offenbach, Dreiech, Frankfurt right now?

germanboy said:
yaar chawal kha kar need ani shuru ho gei hai

ab chai banani paregi!

kisi ne peeni hai to agei

anyway is there anyone out there from Offenbach, Dreiech, Frankfurt right now?
main bhi abbo kay liye chai bana raha hoon :p

aur haan mainey suna tha kay tumhain avatar chahiye?
main tumhaarey liye bana doonga yaar. Timepass forum par meri thread vist karo :p

Hammad's Avatar Request Thread :p

Last edited:
The two best batsmen play the two most atrocious shots, Misbah, Butt and Faisal got out to good balls, but Yousuf and Umer Akmal gifted their wickets, stand and deliver, no foot movement, outside the off stump, flashing and getting caught in the slip giving catching practice. What kind of test cricket is this.
If Imran Farhat was not streaky and edgy we could hav been 30 for 6!

Pakistan need a batting coach, must fire Inti now.

ammarz said:
twiddling his thumbs in anticipation

Ok, here we go.

Since Malik made his debut on Aug 29 2001 Pakistan have played 28 tests with him, 37 tests without Shoaib Malik.

In matches without Malik the average runs per wicket is 33.08

In matches with Malik the average runs per wicket is 38.78

So like all the best jokes, mine contained more than a grain of truth.

I am starting the BRING BACK MALIK Bandwagon right here, everybody hop on :malik :malik :malik

Big Mac said:
Ok, here we go.

Since Malik made his debut on Aug 29 2001 Pakistan have played 28 tests with him, 37 tests without Shoaib Malik.

I am starting the BRING BACK MALIK Bandwagon right here, everybody hop on :malik :malik :malik
hahahaha

what a analysis

iHammad said:
main bhi abbo kay liye chai bana raha hoon :p

aur haan mainey suna tha kay tumhain avatar chahiye?
main tumhaarey liye bana doonga yaar. Timepass forum par meri thread vist karo :p

Hammad's Avatar Request Thread :p

yaar thats cool i need one of M.Yousuf i will request one!

Big Mac said:
Ok, here we go.

Interesting!! :13: I still think I will let the Malik train leave the station. Think we can do better than him at 6 in test matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back