Pakistan v New Zealand | u19 WC Malaysia | 19/2/2008

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Less than 3 and a half hours to go before this crucial group quaifier between reportedly the 2 strongest teams in this group.

New Zealand beat Zimbabwe in their opening encounter today and Pakistan already have an easy victory against Malaysia under their belt.

Chak dey Pakistani U-19 team. The kiwis should learn to fly today

don't think kiwis have ever had a stong u19 system. Hopefully its another easy game for Pak but they do have a guy who has played for nz already so that should be interesting.

I think the batting has to better than last WC. It was 2-3 people performing here and there. Lat WC Pakistan bowling got the cup and they have to equalize that

12thMan said:
I think the batting has to better than last WC. It was 2-3 people performing here and there. Lat WC Pakistan bowling got the cup and they have to equalize that

Shehzad, Akmal and co look quite decent - Hoping they get us off to many good starts.

dblock said:
Shehzad, Akmal and co look quite decent - Hoping they get us off to many good starts.

Should mention Usman Salahudin as well. Middle order batsman.

malikvslee said:
where i can watch this match
well you may have to get a sheet of paper and crayons to draw things or play stickcricket as match is going on. And follow the match here as no one knows if match will be on TV

12thMan said:
well you may have to get a sheet of paper and crayons to draw things or play stickcricket as match is going on. And follow the match here as no one knows if match will be on TV

ahahah...!! Quite a sense of humor there..! :D

PlanetPakistan said:
"The ad was parodied in PTV show 50-50 where the word Kiwi was replaced by word Biwi & word Parinda was replaced by Darinda. Replace the words & sing it."
:))) :)))

ok now back to the match. When will it start?
:))) :))) :)))
Classic!
One of the Kiwi bowlers, Southee has played for the senior team, albeit in a Twenty20 match, so will be interesting to see how good he is in relation to our bowlers

W00t!! Pakistan batting finally gets some practice!!

I better see some centuries!

or well at least a better batting performance then the previous WC.

Pakistan U/19 Team: Ahmad Shahzad , Umar Akmal , Umar Amin , Shaan Khan , Usman Salah-ud-Din , Ali Asad (W), Umair Mir , Imad Wasim (C) , Muhammad Rameez , Adil Raza , Azhar Attari .

------------------

No Mohd Aamer?

muz said:
Pakistan U/19 Team: Ahmad Shahzad , Umar Akmal , Umar Amin , Shaan Khan , Usman Salah-ud-Din , Ali Asad (W), Umair Mir , Imad Wasim (C) , Muhammad Rameez , Adil Raza , Azhar Attari .

------------------

No Mohd Aamer?

So Aamir confirms he is the Shoaib/Asif of the U-19 squad with his genuine fondness for the injury table. :D

26 overs gone now. The partnership is nearly worth 50 but the run rate is under 3.

76/4

PlanetPakistan said:
Whats I Wasim's batting style? hitter like Afridi or a nudger like Bevan
From what I've heard hes similar someone like Razzaq

the true passionist said:
106/5

something around 170 would be competitive.

depends if the pitch is just a bowler frendly wicket or is it teh pakistani batsmen tat r failing!

Pakistan U/19 125/5

Overs: 39.4 | Run Rate: 3.15

A six and a four by A.Asad and the run rate goes up!

the true passionist said:
125/5 in 40 overs

NZ hardly made 212 against ZIM, i suppose our bowling would be better.
Were they batting 1st or 2nd?

Good innings by Salu. 50 up for him

135/8 (42.3) three runouts in the innings

For India S.A. Under-19 match

South Africa all out for 149.... India 38-1 after 11 overs

Bowling will now have to save us, maybe a repeat of WC final from last time????
if it was not for 28 extras we would be in even worse situation :(

156 all out - poor performance with the bat. Expected more from the likes of Akmal, Shehzad and Amin.

Back