Test Draft #4: Initials

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION], your pick next with 'E'.

AB de Villiers

You're up next, [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION].

I have given you a great chance to pick Stuart Binny :riaz

You're up next, [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION].

I have given you a great chance to pick Stuart Binny :riaz

Much as that prospect is enticing, I regret to pass up the opportunity this time around.

My pick is Shane Warne

On to you [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

Thunderstorm XI is pleased to invite the legendary Sir Everton Weekes. Currently living at 95 not out, this legend of the 3 W’s of the West Indies will establish the anchor of our batting order.

I think a new letter needs to be assigned to [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] for round 2.

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

Thunderstorm XI is pleased to invite the legendary Sir Everton Weekes. Currently living at 95 not out, this legend of the 3 W’s of the West Indies will establish the anchor of our batting order.

great pick, clearly the best 'e'

Thunderstorm XI is pleased to invite the great Australian off spinner Nathan Lyon. A fantastic bowler and handy in the lower order, we will be happy to have him.

Thunderstorm XI

4. Sir Everton Weekes
8. Nathan Lyon

Assuming it's my turn, and I'm happy to select a second Victorian:

Neil Harvey

Over to you [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]

Probably the two best possible picks with the given letters. A spinner sorted as well.

Yes. I went for Prasanna over Weekes only because of the spin factor, thought getting batsmen would be comparatively easier.

Yes. I went for Prasanna over Weekes only because of the spin factor, thought getting batsmen would be comparatively easier.

Erapalli Prasanna is a good pick as well. Won us a test series in New Zealand in 68-69. Very good spinner.

Great selection.

Also, I know who Abdullah bhai will pick :afridi

Yeah, forgot about Neil Harvey.

I am assuming my next pick will be from 'R'- just guessing :afridi

Prepared to expect surprises though.

Last edited:
I pick the legendary Australian batsmen and probably my captain, <B>Ricky Ponting</B>.

Over to you [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]!

I pick the legendary Australian batsmen and probably my captain, <B>Ricky Ponting</B>.

Over to you [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]!
Thanks brother.
My pick is the greatest cricketer of all time
Garfield Sobers.

Thanks brother.
My pick is the greatest cricketer of all time
Garfield Sobers.

I am afraid you missed a great opportunity to pick Gautam Gambhir. If you request, I will recommend mods to consider for a change :afridi

Last edited:
i thought this would be easier, but the nice letters make your management decision much harder, the obvious choice was so compelling, and i had an alternative to lend the team excellent balance, however, simply because i need a strong captain, and for his ability to hold the team together when things go wrong, i go with steve waugh.

so i guess [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] is next, you get 'h'

So how does it work? I choose the player after [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] and then I get to choose again with the last letter of my selection? Or a new letter is going to be generated?

So how does it work? I choose the player after [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] and then I get to choose again with the last letter of my selection? Or a new letter is going to be generated?

I give you a new letter, otherwise it is a huge advantage.
[MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] is removed from the draft

I pick Herbert Sutcliffe. [MENTION=151679]Forward Defensive Push[/MENTION] you are up

This draft is going very slow..

Think for future drafts/selection rounds, we need to agree on a specific time slot (2-3 hours) during which all the participants commit to be online or at least are able to log in to make a quick selection. Otherwise, you can conceivably wait for days before a round of selections is complete.

Think for future drafts/selection rounds, we need to agree on a specific time slot (2-3 hours) during which all the participants commit to be online or at least are able to log in to make a quick selection. Otherwise, you can conceivably wait for days before a round of selections is complete.

Good point. But I was a part of the previous two drafts as well and we were able to complete the whole draft in max. 3-4 days. I still believe we can speed up this draft as it's going very slow. We just need to maybe reduce the time out period to 12 hours.

Ok, E is the like the worst letter in the draft, clearly. I choose Eoin Morgan in my team.
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION]

Ok, have no choice but to add some speed. I go with Patrick Cummins.
[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] You have S. Choose wisely :genius

I think it would have been better if we were allowed to pick players whose last name begins with the letter assigned to us, instead of the first name.

Some folks are going to end up with very poor teams in my opinion.

I think it would have been better if we were allowed to pick players whose last name begins with the letter assigned to us, instead of the first name.

Yes, we'll eventually run out of good players with first names beginning with E or N.

That is their problem imo. Stick with the same rules.
IF it was the last name, there would be similar issues

So if FC would have played the draft, he would have ultimately picked Tendulkar?

His fault eventually :)))

So if FC would have played the draft, he would have ultimately picked Tendulkar?

His fault eventually :)))

Well therealAB would have different letters and change the entire progression. Even if all picks were the same, there would be one extra person in the chain so everything would be shifted by one

i go with Rahul Dravid

your up next [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]

I am good with 'N' for now.

My next pick is one of the greatest South African fast bowler, <B>Neil Adcock</B>.

100+ Test wickets at average of 21. He will pair with Sir Richard Hadlee as fast bowling duo in my team.

Last edited:
<B>AB Fan Test XI </B>

3. Ricky Ponting
8. Richard Hadlee
11. Neil Adcock

Back