Test Draft #4: Initials

With my sincerest and deepest apologies to [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION], however I can't but select anyone here:

D.K. Lillee

[MENTION=29901]Thunderbolt[/MENTION] you don't have many good options anyway so i would advice you to select player in such a way that you make it hard for the next person. :yk

[MENTION=29901]Thunderbolt[/MENTION] you don't have many good options anyway so i would advice you to select player in such a way that you make it hard for the next person. :yk

The problem is the next person is also him. He has a double pick :uakmal

Total picks by 'E' and 'N' till now:-

Round 1:- 2 'E'
Round 2:- 1'E', 2'N'
Round 3:- 1 'N', 1'E'

We will have total 11 rounds, it's gonna be massacre as we proceed further :)))

Total picks by 'E' and 'N' till now:-

Round 1:- 2 'E'
Round 2:- 1'E', 2'N'
Round 3:- 1 'N', 1'E'

We will have total 11 rounds, it's gonna be massacre as we proceed further :)))

We'll need to get creative with our selections, dig deeper into the archives and statistics.

I have dealt [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] a bad hand twice with that letter now, but it's the nature of the rules. To his credit, he's played it magnificently thus far.

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION], let us know the random letter generator for next round before you go to sleep.

Someone can generate it when the time comes [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION], posting it could skew the draft a bit

I'll be online for another couple of hours max, so hoping the next couple of selections are made before then, otherwise I'll select my pick tomorrow.

To be honest well played [MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION], lots of respect for giving me tough curve balls :)) will post back in a few minutes with my pick

Got it. :afridi

Thunderstorm XI would like to invite the magnificent Eddie Barlow to join our team. We are very pleased to have his fighting spirit in our thunderclouds.

Last edited:
Barlow is a great opener and useful fifth bowling option as well. I had him in my mind but unfortunately I can't think of any other quality player from 'E' now.

Last edited:
sorry didn't see your post take 'f' instead [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION].

'J' would have been a toughie. You'd be in a dilemma whether to secure an opener, a spinner or an all rounder. A legend in each of those categories is available.

Thunderstorm XI

2. Eddie Barlow
4. Sir Everton Weekes
8. Nathan Lyon
10. Fred Trueman

Fantastic pick.

There was one more pick who I won’t name who is one of my all time favorite cricketers. I had to pass him up for the sake of my squad’s balance :)) but thank you!

Last edited:
Fred Trueman!

Brilliant again.

I'm happy to select a lad who captained his side creditably on 45 occasions, and will probably annoy Warne in the dressing room. Decent batsman who was in his element on bad wickets, although no world beater by any means.

Nasser Hussain

Up next [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]

Brilliant again.

I'm happy to select a lad who captained his side creditably on 45 occasions, and will probably annoy Warne in the dressing room. Decent batsman who was in his element on bad wickets, although no world beater by any means.

Nasser Hussain

Up next [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]

Great pick! I had a gut feeling you would go for him. We have successfully induced an N shortage :)))

Great pick! I had a gut feeling you would go for him. We have successfully induced an N shortage :)))

He was a very good captain, and usually a world class fielder, dropping Graeme Smith at Lord's in 2003 nothwithstanding.

It will get even more interesting from here on with the Es and Ns.

There was one more pick who I won’t name who is one of my all time favorite cricketers. I had to pass him up for the sake of my squad’s balance :)) but thank you!

His name is Fawad Alam :yk

He was a very good captain, and usually a world class fielder, dropping Graeme Smith at Lord's in 2003 nothwithstanding.

It will get even more interesting from here on with the Es and Ns.

Your squad is shaping up very very nicely. Lillee, Warne as well playing together would be nothing short of heavenly to watch :srt

One of the greatest captains ever, also a great allrounder. My next pick is SIR RICHIE BENAUD.

can i include don bradman? i think there was a mention of whether he was illegible or excluded earlier in the thread but i couldn't find the definitive answer.

if i cant then i will go go derek underwood.

can i include don bradman? i think there was a mention of whether he was illegible or excluded earlier in the thread but i couldn't find the definitive answer.

if i cant then i will go go derek underwood.

Yup, no Bradman. Underwood it is, then.

Also make sure it’s not a certain person ending with A or the next two picks will be legendary :)))

Also make sure it's not a certain person ending with L or else it will become a legendary opening pair :))) :)))

L — [MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] just woke up and got told it’s Eid :)))

Many Indian players name start with 'V'.

For example- Venugopal Rao

Expected, great choice. Now [MENTION=56933]ElRaja[/MENTION] has an N to pick. I suggest going for the legend Nilesh Kulkarni :yasir

I would suggest Naoomal Jaoomal.

Nilesh Kulkarni had a wicket from his first delivery in tests. Proper legend.

Last edited:
Back