Test Draft #4: Initials

E... Tough couple of rounds for [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION].
U,y and now e.

My next pick is the Batsman with the 5th highest batting average of all time after playing 20+ tests and his ashes average of 85 is only second to Don Bradman ........EDDIE PAYNTER

He was also the best player in that bodyline series.

U,y and now e.

My next pick is the Batsman with the 5th highest batting average of all time after playing 20+ tests and his ashes average of 85 is only second to Don Bradman ........EDDIE PAYNTER

He was also the best player in that bodyline series.

Great pick, although Bradman was the best player in that Bodyline series

Yeah, that's a pretty special pick. Paynter's who I had in mind if I got lugged into selecting someone with 'e'.
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION], your pick with r next.

I will pick <B>Rohit Sharma</B>.
[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] gets 'A' now. I have tried to avoid 'N' here. Hoping same brother :))

Last edited:
My team:-

1. Rohit Sharma
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Allan Border (c)
5. Andy Flower
8. Richard Hadlee
9. Hedley Verity
11. Neil Adcock

Not much love for the two spinners playing for India right now?

Not really. Both are very good cricketers and deserve to be picked.

I didn't picked Jadeja because Verity was also left arm spin. I think the chances of getting 'R' again is high so then I will pick Ash or rather wait for spin option from some other letter if I get. Also, need to have one opener.

Last edited:
[MENTION=140824]Last Monetarist[/MENTION] I am hoping you pay back the favor :afridi

03. Hashim Amla
06. Kumara Sangakkara
07. Andrew Flintoff
08. Neil Wagner
09. Erapalli Prasanna
10. Ray Lindwall
11. Rangana Herath

Here's hoping [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] doesn't pick a certain Channel 9 commentator from the early 80s.

Btw, are we going with that extra joker pick (replacement) for similar roles??

I'll go with the flaxen-haired left-hander who casually pulled his first delivery in test cricket for 4:

David Gower

Still plenty of decent picks with 'r' left [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

I'll go with the flaxen-haired left-hander who casually pulled his first delivery in test cricket for 4:

David Gower

Still plenty of decent picks with 'r' left [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

I already have my spinner :)) it’s fine though I’ll figure something out

Oh I thought he was taken, that’s why it took me a while. Guess not. Pretty easy pick:

Thunderstorm XI is excited to onboard the legendary Rohan Kanhai!

Thunderstorm XI

1. Barry Richards
2. Eddie Barlow
3. Rohan Kanhai
4. Sir Everton Weekes
8. Ryan Harris
9. Nathan Lyon
11. Fred Trueman

I dunno, you also have a choice of picking between Hammond or Grace or Saha or Wajahatullah Wasti. Spoiled for options really.

I would have picked Grace or Hammond if I didn’t already have my top 4 locked down.

Thunderstorm XI picks Wasim Akram.

Thunderstorm XI

1. Barry Richards
2. Eddie Barlow
3. Rohan Kanhai
4. Sir Everton Weekes
8. Wasim Akram
9. Ryan Harris
10. Nathan Lyon
11. Fred Trueman

Random letter generator please :afridi

tenor.gif

This seems gratuitously perverse frankly, not only because I am going to overlook :moha.

Malcolm Marshall

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] to follow.

Another L for me, as expected :afaq

Will go with Lindsay Hassett.

[MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]

I'm willing to go last for the joker selection round, otherwise this bowling attack is obscene now.

Gavaskar
x
Harvey
Hussain
Gower
x
x
Pollock
Warne
Marshall
Lillee

-
-
Lindsay Hassett
Younis Khan
-
AB de Villiers
Keith Miller
Fazal Mahmood
Allan Donald
Naseem Shah
Lance Gibbs

My team will be decimated if I can't get some good openers :usman

Honestly feel a bit for [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION], the poor guy's had to pick from U, Y, E, and L in 4 successive rounds.

-
-
Lindsay Hassett
Younis Khan
-
AB de Villiers
Keith Miller
Fazal Mahmood
Allan Donald
Naseem Shah
Lance Gibbs

My team will be decimated if I can't get some good openers :usman

I'm a bit concerned by that tail, arguably there are four number elevens there.

In his obituary, Wisden described him as the greatest wicket-keeper-batsman of all time. He is the only wicket-keeper-batsman to score a hundred first-class centuries.
The first true wicketkeeper batsman..

LES AMES

My team

2.Usman Khawaja
3.Eddie Paynter
4.Mohd Yousuf
5.Ted Dexter
6.Garfield Sobers
7.Les Ames(wk)
9.Richie Benaud(cap)
11.Dale Steyn

Need two fast bowlers and one opener.

In his obituary, Wisden described him as the greatest wicket-keeper-batsman of all time. He is the only wicket-keeper-batsman to score a hundred first-class centuries.

LES AMES

Yup, Ames is the one I'd have selected too under the circumstances. Good sensible pick again.

LES AMES

Not sure if he's been taken as I'm on my mobile but I will go for Shane bond.

Thunderstorm XI is pleased to invite the legendary Sir Everton Weekes. Currently living at 95 not out, this legend of the 3 W’s of the West Indies will establish the anchor of our batting order.

Just saw that Sir Everton Weekes passed away. :(

Back