Umar Akmal : Mega Discussion Thread

Oh yes, his partner was slow so he got out. It's so unfair :6:

Umar Akmal can only perform when the player at the other end is scoring at SR of 80+, otherwise, he can't handle it for more than 10 minutes. :(

OK fanboys what now. Should be batting at 3 may be???. Its a mental issue here, position, situation, bowling or anything else is nothing to do with his failures.

Ask simple questions to fans of Akmal.

Was he out to a good ball today?

Was it a special piece of fielding?

Was he slogging or trying to play a long innings?

Was he rotating the strike better then his partner?

Ask simple questions to fans of Akmal.

Was he out to a good ball today?

Was it a special piece of fielding?

Was he slogging or trying to play a long innings?

Was he rotating the strike better then his partner?

You will soon be getting a stats guru link from a fanboy :wahab

Question to the haters , who is better in ODis than Umar Akmal in Pakistan. Until you get a better batsman than him in ODIs , better shut up.

Its time akmal had a good look at his game!!

Yes that's the main issue with his batting. His approach is completely wrong. You can be positive and sensible at the same time. People compare him to Inzi but tell me did Inzi ever approached his batting this way. Even in his early days Inzi never looked frantic at the crease.

Question to the haters , who is better in ODis than Umar Akmal in Pakistan. Until you get a better batsman than him in ODIs , better shut up.

This is a fanboy-ish question.

There are many who are better than him. Azhar, Younis, Misbah, Hafeez, and Asad are all better than him.

You will soon be getting a stats guru link from a fanboy :wahab

Respond to the facts please :) Maybe the truth hurts but I assure you theres no reasonable reason to not believe UA is the real deal.

He played a bad shot today. I fully accept that. He is still our best batsman.

Umar Akmal at times lacks a game plan. Today was a good example.

Its a mental thing with him.

There are many who are better than him. Azhar, Younis, Misbah, Hafeez, and Asad are all better than him.

You cannot be serious?

macMOS230607_468x662.jpg

ahan? How so dear friend?

thats batting performance in last 1 year

only misbah has better average than him @ sr 68

now try and twist the facts please.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 102
He not only gave his wicket away, he killed the moment that we were gaining. Run rate was near 5 when he came in, and now it's 4.2 ... Thanks Umar Akmal for providing the fireworks and increasing the run rate.

He not only gave his wicket away, he killed the moment that we were gaining. Run rate was near 5 when he came in, and now it's 4.2 ... Thanks Umar Akmal for providing the fireworks and increasing the run rate.

wow and azhar ali at the other end contributed 11 off 23 balls in the partnership and was supposed to be well set helped the runrate a lot?

hahahahaha Azhar Ali killed the runrate. And now its Misbah and Malik batting, what do you expect?

Azhars SR went from 85 to 65 when he reached 40.

Respond to the facts please :) Maybe the truth hurts but I assure you theres no reasonable reason to not believe UA is the real deal.

He played a bad shot today. I fully accept that. He is still our best batsman.

No stats will show the manner he gets out. This is the main issue. If you can bring some stats reflecting the number of times he got out purely on a good bowl or excellent catch, then we can talk. :akhtar

Umar Akmal at times lacks a game plan. Today was a good example.

Its a mental thing with him.

He needs a proper batting coach , he needs help. But you can not ignore the innings he played in the last match , was sensible and timely.

No stats will show the manner he gets out. This is the main issue. If you can bring some stats reflecting the number of times he got out purely on a good bowl or excellent catch, then we can talk. :akhtar

He has problems but all our batsmen have the problems. Why should the axe drop on his head depite being the best batsman in the odis ?

wow and azhar ali at the other end contributed 11 off 23 balls in the partnership and was supposed to be well set helped the runrate a lot?

hahahahaha Azhar Ali killed the runrate. And now its Misbah and Malik batting, what do you expect?

Azhars SR went from 85 to 65 when he reached 40.

Are you guys serious??? Azhar was batting well with Asad with 70+ strike rate ... As soon as Umar came, Azhar couldn't rotate strike because he was expecting Umar to "up the run rate" ... That's the sort of negative effect that Umar has on other batsmen. Had there been Misbah at the other end, Azhar and Misbah would've had a long inning, and Azhar wouldn't have gotten out.

Please guys, let's not blame Azhar for UA's pathetic shot.

Are you guys serious??? Azhar was batting well with Asad with 70+ strike rate ... As soon as Umar came, Azhar couldn't rotate strike because he was expecting Umar to "up the run rate" ... That's the sort of negative effect that Umar has on other batsmen. Had there been Misbah at the other end, Azhar and Misbah would've had a long inning, and Azhar wouldn't have gotten out.

UA played a bad shot.

Umar has a 38 average and 85 SR. End of chapter, next please :)

He has problems but all our batsmen have the problems. Why should the axe drop on his head depite being the best batsman in the odis ?

Its been a a while he is making the same mistakes again and again. At an international level you have to learn from your mistakes and you have to do it quick. He is lucky he is playing for pakistan otherwise he would have shown the door long time ago. Todays situation was the easiet compared other games in the series but he again got out playing an unncessary rash shot.

Expecting umar to up the runrate and not rotating the strike? :facepalm: what a logic. I think rotating strike could have helped the run rate automatically , AA scored only 15 of his last 35 deliveries.

Lol at this pathetic post. Trying to blame Azhars shortomings on Umar now.

I wonder where you and your buddies hiding last game.

Shoaib Malik outscores Umar Bradman Akmal with a better SR

:)))

Its been a a while he is making the same mistakes again and again. At an international level you have to learn from your mistakes and you have to do it quick. He is lucky he is playing for pakistan otherwise he would have shown the door long time ago. Todays situation was the easiet compared other games in the series but he again got out playing an unncessary rash shot.

In his last 15 matches Umar Akmal has averaged 39 with 5 fifties.

Please start making some sense T_M_K.

Ok , show him door and bring a better one. The FACT is that he is the best out of the average lot of Batsmen pakistan have at the moment. Show him door , but first show door to asad (averaging 30 @ 69 , hafeez averaging 18 in his last 13 games or show dorr to younis who has been averaging below him at lower strike rate? only misbah has better average but @ sr 68. Decide if you have a better one.

UA played a bad shot.

Umar has a 38 average and 85 SR. End of chapter, next please :)

Really??? ... so we should keep quite because he has "decent" average?

Mind you that's not some extra ordinary average or anything. And that's mainly inflated by the first few series he played.

Really??? ... so we should keep quite because he has "decent" average?

Mind you that's not some extra ordinary average or anything. And that's mainly inflated by the first few series he played.

He averages 39 with 5 fifties in his last 15 matches. This is since August of last year. Please try harder kkmix :)

What do Shafiq, Hafeez, Younis and Azhar average? Just wondering :)

Last edited:
Expecting umar to up the runrate and not rotating the strike? :facepalm: what a logic. I think rotating strike could have helped the run rate automatically , AA scored only 15 of his last 35 deliveries.

huh ... doesn't Umar Akmal pride himself on increasing the run rate??? It was his job to make sure run rate didn't fall. He failed. He wanted to slog but kept failing. Even he couldn't rotate the strike, check out his strike rate. Azhar's downfall was because of Umar Akmal.

Ok , show him door and bring a better one. The FACT is that he is the best out of the average lot of Batsmen pakistan have at the moment. Show him door , but first show door to asad (averaging 30 @ 69 , hafeez averaging 18 in his last 13 games or show dorr to younis who has been averaging below him at lower strike rate? only misbah has better average but @ sr 68. Decide if you have a better one.

Fawad Alam is better

hey why did someone move my thread its not fair i even told you beside this is not identical to umar akmal at no 4

It was a poor shot from Akmal, but Azhar did not help with the amount of balls he was wasting. 65 is a very poor strike rate when the field is spread in an ODI.

In reality Akmal is one of the top batsmen in the team. He should get a rollicking for the shot alone, I agree there, but there are bigger issues with the team.

Yaar, again the issue is his shot selection not the Average or SR. He will stand out with his 30-40 because of the average Pak batting line up. The number of games he has played he should have more 50's and 100's then what his stats show. Like I said in my previous post that he is surviving because he is playing for pak and that may be the reason he is taking his spot for granted.

Last edited:
He averages 39 with 5 fifties in his last 15 matches. This is since August of last year. Please try harder kkmix :)

What do Shafiq, Hafeez, Younis and Azhar average? Just wondering :)

ok so 2 fifties against Bangladesh, one against ireland, means he is the best we got? please try something else.

Yaar, again the issue is his shot selection not the Average or SR. He will stand out with his 30-40 because of the average Pak batting line up. The number of games he has played he should have more 50's and 100's then what his stats show. Like I said in my previous post that he is surviving because he is playing for pak and that may be the reason he is taking his spot as granted.

He has the most fifties for Pakistan since he's made his debut. Please look at the facts.

It was a poor shot from Akmal, but Azhar did not help with the amount of balls he was wasting. 65 is a very poor strike rate when the field is spread in an ODI.

In reality Akmal is one of the top batsmen in the team. He should get a rollicking for the shot alone, I agree there, but there are bigger issues with the team.

Hey Whippy no knock of 50 is poor except the the 50 misbah made vs india semi finals wc2011

ok so 2 fifties against Bangladesh, one against ireland, means he is the best we got? please try something else.

haha bit rich coming from a Shafiq fan.

Umar Akmal is the highest run scorer for Pakistan since he made his debut. He has the second best average and the best strike rate after Afridi. He has the most scores over 50. He is still very young. He is also the highest ranked Pakistani batsman.

haha bit rich coming from a Shafiq fan.

Umar Akmal is the highest run scorer for Pakistan since he made his debut. He has the second best average and the best strike rate after Afridi. He has the most scores over 50. He is still very young.

He has played most number of games after Afridi :facepalm:, Of course he will have most runs ... unless you think beating Afridi in batting makes you best Pakistani batsman.

He has played most number of games after Afridi :facepalm:, Of course he will have most runs ... unless you think beating Afridi in batting makes you best Pakistani batsman.

No but beating Younis, Shaqif, Hafeez, Azhar, Misbah etc does :) Thanks for pointing it out though.

Yaar, again the issue is his shot selection not the Average or SR. He will stand out with his 30-40 because of the average Pak batting line up. The number of games he has played he should have more 50's and 100's then what his stats show. Like I said in my previous post that he is surviving because he is playing for pak and that may be the reason he is taking his spot for granted.

Yr How do you expect him to make 100s at number 6 , give the guy some breathing space especially most of his partnerships are with misbah who makes the life of the other end's batman hell. It is not easy out there for him. The FACT still is there , problems yes , but he is our best batsman.

and he has the best strike rate and 2nd best average amongst the top 6 because he played the most games? :ajmal

huh ... doesn't Umar Akmal pride himself on increasing the run rate??? It was his job to make sure run rate didn't fall. He failed. He wanted to slog but kept failing. Even he couldn't rotate the strike, check out his strike rate. Azhar's downfall was because of Umar Akmal.

Umar had just come to the crease. Azhar had been batting for a while.

I would still take Umar's knock over Azhar Ali's.

Misbah and Asad are enough in the middle order. Dont need people like YK, malik and Azhar Ali.

Yes it was a stupid shot, but Azhar Ali's defensive batting was a big factor in Umar playing it

Yes, yes. The whole world is against him when he plays. The great Umar Akmal needs to learn to play with these 'tuk tuk' players, like it or not. :azhar

Yes, yes. The whole world is against him when he plays. The great Umar Akmal needs to learn to play with these 'tuk tuk' players, like it or not. :azhar

UA will never be at fault. He is most talented batsman in pak and therefore reserves a spot as long as he is fit to play. :razzaq

Should be persisted with up the order and told that he will get a long run of games. An excellent talent who should not be wasted. He will come good eventually.

:manzoor

oh c'mon, you know that's not true. That's simply not true.

It is true.

When a set batsman, who is on 50, is blocking 4 balls an over, the other guy has to either hit some boundaries, or hit the other batsman in the head with his bat.

None of the current ODI batters can walk into an international side. This is how bad things are.

Last edited:
Some of the guys here on a posting frenzy :facepalm:
Said individuals can only be seen in either threads related to Umar Akmal or Asad Shafiq.

Shoaib Akhtar thinks Umar Akmal should sit out of the team for 6 months or so to make him realize what he is missing.

Totally agree with him.

Umar akmal is rubbish. last time he was dropped and scored ton in domestic as far as i remember and when he was picked. He started again with his old habits.

i think tendu bhai dreams of being Umar akmal..who wouldnt? what poise, what great shot selection and longevity at the crease!!

Shafiq can't even dream of being as good as Umar, really? LoLL Gotta love these Umar Akmal fanbois.

When his spot was a bit threatened, he comes out and plays a sensible innings in the last game. Then, as soon as he's got people's attention again.....he turns into himself again, slogging brainlessly every ball without even seeing where the ball is turning/swinging first. Brainfarts galore~

The biggest problem is, he aspires to be the next Afridi....and not the next inzi or Miandad or Z.abbas. He can have all the talent in the World, but if the will is not there, he'll never get to the top. He has the "Imran Nazir "syndrome.

They're turning into a bit like Malik fans, where the reality is too hard to comprehend, and they live in the fantasy land where the whole World is against their man...and even the failed innings he plays, are actually success.
That said, I still wanna play him at 4 in the Asia Cup and just see what happens. At least that will keep Farhat out of the team. Azhar can open, and Shafiq at 3 is the best option. Just need to remove Misbah as the Captain so we can finally thow out the Trash his buddy Malik....and play Hammad or even Sami at 6.

Last edited:
Trolls are out in full force dont know why every thread of umar and shafiq turn in to other's bashing thread.Stop this umar vs shafiq crap now.

UA will never be at fault. He is most talented batsman in pak and therefore reserves a spot as long as he is fit to play. :razzaq

:))

Wait a minute, is this a dig at my fan boy biasedness when it comes to Razzaq?

Razzaq is a legend, it ain't my fault everyone wants to give him a central contract (A category).

Umar Akmal is not the same as mighty Razzaq. :razzaq

:))

Wait a minute, is this a dig at my fan boy biasedness when it comes to Razzaq?

Razzaq is a legend, it ain't my fault everyone wants to give him a central contract (A category).

Umar Akmal is not the same as mighty Razzaq. :razzaq

Razzler is a legend.

Umar Akmal still has a long way to go...

It'll be interesting how he performs in comparison to kohli on the same pitches...

Not too bad. I especially liked that boundary over midwicket before he hit the six.
Showed good foot work and field awareness.

He only got out cause captain saab told him to end it, would have been nice for him to be their at the end.

Excellent knock from him, just showed his talent today, now he needs to kick on from this

Back