Asia Cup 2023: Pakistan vs India | Match 3 | 2 September | Pallakele | India innings

Oversimplifying here. You can mix it up, pace at one end, spin at the other. Who’s saying they bowl out in 30 overs, but you don’t bowl consecutive spin for as long as he did
Exactly. Its really not rocket science and its not all black or white, that just pace or spin needs to be bowled. Mix things up.

should not had bought nawaz here, bring in a pacer here

Pandya was ready to take apart the lousy spinners from ball 1 but has to bide his time & bat deep !

six on nawaz, babar should had bought in a pacer here.

Why is Afridi fielding at long off and long on? He should be wrapped in velvet and put in a safe place when not bowling.

Is there any other channel showing this game apart from ptv “2000 ads

Nawaz is such a loser performer against India born to lose to India from any position. Doesn't inspire any confidence.
umm you do know he also quick fired with the bat to win us a game agianst india?

A bit of talk and hype about "the pakistan way" leading into the Asia Cup. I would have liked to have seen Pak really go for the kill by being more aggressive with their bowling rotations

Do not understand the strategy of letting your foot of the gas when the opposition is down. One of the three should have been bowled the full quota.

This pair have quite sensibly batted within themselves to avoid losing another wicket, but both can be destructive hitters and I feel the floodgates will open now.

It's always noticeable with PAK, wet ball or not, that when we're under pressure with the ball it's reflected in our fielding too.

hardik batted really well. no useless shots, proper strike rotation

Do not understand the strategy of letting your foot of the gas when the opposition is down. One of the three should have been bowled the full quota.

Correct, Rauf has 5 left and Naseem also has 5. What for ? Coming to bowl in the last ten overs when India will be 220 odd, they will go for runs anyway.

Amongst the top 15 averaging spinners since the 2019 World Cup to have taken a min of 20 wickets - there is only one Pakistani.

There was a graphic during the AFG series which showed while our pacers are statistically the best in the world - our spinners are the worst (even below Ireland).

To be fair, pace averages better than spin in ODIs in India over the last 4 years so if we can't find a gun spinner - it may be worth playing 4 seamers and 1 spinner with part-time overs from Iftikhar and Agha at the World Cup.
That will be very risky, expect spin to play a bigger part at the World Cup. 4 fast bowlers may not be the way to go.

come on babar, no more spin for now.

its too much now

I have a feeling Babar knows that his 3 pacers - wont be bowling their full quota. They might get a bigger phainty.

Very bad captaincy , you got to back your quick in this situation to get a couple of wickets and with tail Enders in it doesn’t matter if you don’t have your premier quicks at the death

Babar should have just down spin from one end and pace from the other.

Our spin attack is horrible. Bit tbf the pitch stopped spinning so babar Master class on the way

Indian players who love smashing Pakistani bowlers :-

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Kohli
Yuvi
Dhoni
Pandya
Raina
Pathan
Bhajji
Shami(2015 WC)
Zak

100 of partnership....and good going by hardik....50 under pressure.....well played....
his home on gotri road, Race Course Vadodara city, is about 2.5 kms from where i live....just feel happy to share this-not that i have any contributiion to his success :)

This is basically Pakistan v/s Nepal, but Pakistan has donned the role of Nepal today.

Take 4 wickets for not too many runs...and then a huge partnership.

now is babar going to bring in pace, or bowl two more overs of spin?

i think he is going wayy defensive here and might bowl to more overs of spin

problem is if haris rauf gets attacked, will babar than continue with him or than bring in spin later?

cause babr is going with a set plan it seems.

I expected a target of under 150 or max 200 when India were 66-4 . Had no idea that India would be allowed to reach as much as almost 290-300.

If India doesnt get to 300 it will be a fail from here. Just run a ball will get them to 270+

I got a feeling pacers are just going to get tonked now anyway.

Pitch seems to be ok though , we just need to back our batters.

As the comms have rightfully highlighted Babar missed a trick here...a couple of overs in the middle by the 3 pacers would have unsettled and maybe ended the partnership.

Still a long way to go and 260 is very chaseable on a flat, slow wicket.

Silly Waqar. It doesn't matter if we break the partnership now lol. The damage has been done.

with the pacers back, it will be interesting to see if the pitch still gives assistance

Can we please remove agha and add in saud. Told you all, we do not need 3 spinners. 😂😂

I expected a target of under 150 or max 200 when India were 66-4 . Had no idea that India would be allowed to reach as much as almost 290-300.
This is what happens when you’re not willing to take calculated risks and take conservative/defensive route to ensure you have “enough pace at the death”

Anddd Nawaz is back , Babar is just a timid robot captain

nawaz was being targetted not agha, and yet you give the ball back to nawaz? really?

This is really poor poor captaincy from Babar.

he just seems to have memorized a script and won't budge from it.

Salman more economical than other spinners - doesn't matter, have to bowl your bigger names first.

Babar didn't go for the kill at 66-4, he brought on the spinners and tried to contain the Indian batters hoping he will get some quiet 13-15 overs of spin with batsmen going at 3 RPO and India will end up with a low score if they bat full 50 overs, now the strategy has backfired as it has allowed India to string a big partnership at almost a run a ball and become the favorite for the contest now from a losing position.

Anything above 250 and Pakistan will not be able to chase down.

Nawaz has to be dropped for good after this match.

Nawaz and Shadab have been terrible...Salman should be bowling here instead...terrible Babar captaincy is back

Back