Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
butt takes a quarter step forward and blocks against hauritz....what sense does that make? he's not even looking to work the ball...if he gets hit on the pads from a straighter one he's dead....where is the batting coach? granted faisal cant play himself but atleast he could point this out to butt

i am hoping against the hope that we get through last session without losing any wicket

So,Australia declared twice in the match...Had A.Rauf taken that catch,atleast we could've bowled them out once in the match..BUT :pissed:...

Seen Sheen said:
So,Australia declared twice in the match...Had A.Rauf taken that catch,atleast we could've bowled them out once in the match..BUT :pissed:...
Don't worry we won't see Rauf now anymore:) even in this test:)

Seen Sheen said:

Don't worry he will be the night wathman if we loose a wicket, and will make up for his mistake

30 overs next session, if we don't loose wicket then I expect about 80+ runs and that will make us about 110/1 leaving about 305 in 90 overs on last day, let's take it session by session and hope we can keep the strike rotation and in wickets in place and magic can happen

Wicked Fast Bowler said:
butt takes a quarter step forward and blocks against hauritz....what sense does that make? he's not even looking to work the ball...if he gets hit on the pads from a straighter one he's dead....where is the batting coach? granted faisal cant play himself but atleast he could point this out to butt

Batting coach does not go with you to the field.

Players need to take responsibility for themselves.

Having said that, Butt is doing much better this innings by trying to be positive.

All I want is for us to take the fight to the Aussies - that will happen when we go 300+ at some point.

Chuffed said:
I really hope Ponting's first innings declaration backfires. I hope for a win.
Oh how badly I want that. He has been so arrogant. May Allah teach him a lesson through Moyo and his players:)

Wicked Fast Bowler said:

it's called "playing for tea"...new to cricket are you?

and he worked the ball for 2 doubles the last 2 balls before the end of the session

Guys - lay off this bhanja crap pls.

His name is Faisal Iqbal, a name his parents gave him with pride.

He is wearing a Pakistani cap and as such represents you and me.

Criticize his technique by all means but dont abuse him with names.

Remember his name is Faisal.

waqasmalik said:
Farhat contribution in this match , 21 runs and a drop catch...

Don't forget that he also bowled 5 Warne-esque overs in the Australian first innings. ;-)

insaaniyat said:
Oh how badly I want that. He has been so arrogant. May Allah teach him a lesson through Moyo and his players:)

He under estimated our great batsmen :pissed:

MIG said:

Hear Hear! I'm also sick and tired of these name calling.

waqasmalik said:
Don't worry he will be the night wathman if we loose a wicket, and will make up for his mistake
We dont need him as a nightwatchman..Have you forgotten :aamir..

waqasmalik said:
Farhat contribution in this match , 21 runs and a drop catch...

he is really improving. he dropped three catches and made 8 in his first game. On top of that, he is new Warne who is under bowled per Shane Warn.

MIG said:

motion to censor the B word on PP!

Seen Sheen said:
We dont need him as a nightwatchman..Have you forgotten :aamir..

Give him a chance to correct his mistake. Now you need Ameer to do everything bowling as well as batting

insaaniyat said:

I think it was more smart than arrogant, but knowing Ponting from past matches,he comes across as a bit too cocksure.

More importantly, I think it will set a good precedent for the remainder of this series.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
it's called "playing for tea"...new to cricket are you?

and he worked the ball for 2 doubles the last 2 balls before the end of the session

this is how you get yourself "out before tea"...when you play tentative and defensive. the idea isnt to try and "survive"...the idea is to "play"....there's 117 overs left.

Ican't believe they're not showing wickets fallen from the first session! I was looking forward to seeing Aamer's bowling.

Grrrrr

MIG said:
Batting coach does not go with you to the field.

Players need to take responsibility for themselves.

Having said that, Butt is doing much better this innings by trying to be positive.

All I want is for us to take the fight to the Aussies - that will happen when we go 300+ at some point.

so the batting coach has no input during the batsman's inning? there's no way of getting the message to a batsman if he's doing something obviously wrong? coaching isnt just done prior to or after the game...its done during the game as well.

Wicked Fast Bowler said:
this is how you get yourself "out before tea"...when you play tentative and defensive. the idea isnt to try and "survive"...the idea is to "play"....there's 117 overs left.

yes, and you could get yourself out by playing a rash shot, then everyone would be on the guy's back for not being watchful when the session was coming to an end...it's always better to be cautious when you know there's a stoppage around the corner

guys kiya lag ta ha can we win? i just watched avatar and saw if u are brave and have a pure heart u always win!

Chuffed said:
I think it was more smart than arrogant, but knowing Ponting from past matches,he comes across as a bit too cocksure.

More importantly, I think it will set a good precedent for the remainder of this series.
If YK comes back, and Misbah stays in form. We could be pretty good. We also need Moyo to show some aggression.

insaaniyat said:

For being a good captain? A better captain than ours?

You want Allah to reward a mediocre captain?

How does that work?

abdulqadir786 said:
guys kiya lag ta ha can we win? i just watched avatar and saw if u are brave and have a pure heart u always win!

lolllll

kyun nai, kyun nai

adzzy786 said:
But they never had Sir. Faisal Iqbal
And with the likes of Farhat and Misbah, they form an indestructible deadly trio.

The Aussies stand no friggin' chance!

Wicked Fast Bowler said:

He' still not out. Criticise him all you want if he gets out like that.

abdulqadir786 said:

Sounds about right. A fantasy cartoon film might be of some inspiration to our team

Eh. I really want to see Afridi right now :p Just whack some sixes and make a hundred. Actually I want ANYONE to hit some quick runs, but then again: Whoever said you can't dream.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
yes, and you could get yourself out by playing a rash shot, then everyone would be on the guy's back for not being watchful when the session was coming to an end...it's always better to be cautious when you know there's a stoppage around the corner

rash shot? you call 'working the ball' a rash shot? this is what a top order batsman is supposed to do to a spinner...a spinner who doesnt even spin the ball

Oxy said:
For being a good captain? A better captain than ours?

You want Allah to reward a mediocre captain?

How does that work?
I have no idea but I believe in Allah:) Who knows, someone shows up to bat with a double ton out of a blue. May be it rains tomorrow.? We can hope can't we? Otherwise we have nothing left, do we?

The Iqbal countdown begns...he hasnt a clue

Plays every fwd defensve shot with an angled bat!

insaaniyat said:
I have no idea but I believe in Allah:) Who knows, someone shows up to bat with a double ton out of a blue. May be it rains tomorrow.? We can hope can't we? Otherwise we have nothing left, do we?

Its like me asking Allah to punish someone that is more succesful than me in life, and pray that, even though I dont deserve it, I am made more successful.

Think before playing the 'Allah Card'...

insaaniyat said:

Don#t think you quite got the point, never mind, that topic is for a different thread.

Oxy said:
Its like me asking Allah to punish someone that is more succesful than me in life, and pray that, even though I dont deserve it, I am made more successful.

Think before playing the 'Allah Card'...
oh well I am not saying that. I know ponting was arrogant or confident because our batting is not good. But I will keep my hope alive at least till the end of the day today:)

Faisal might not be the greatest player but I loved watching his footwork against the spinners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back