Australia vs Pakistan | 2nd Test | Adelaide | Nov 29 - Dec 3, 2019 | Day 1 | Match Thread

100 For Labu, pakistan making another batsmen look like bradman.

Can see 500 for Aussies here tomorrow and then pakistan batting under lights against a new pink ball.

You can see Misbah’s mindset written all over this innings. Clueless Misbah should be fired.

Praveen Kumar was injured on that tour but he played tri-series.
Varun Aaron played on 2014 tour.

Varun was in the squad but was injured later. So too was PK. But this bowling reminds me of that trioka bowling cluelessly. Though PK was Ok in ODIs

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] for all the ribbing you get from some of the lot here for bangladesh sometimes flattering to deceive even you must not be enjoying this ? This is just disdainful batting. [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] will say that the right players weren't selected but it is just conjecture to think they would have been bamboozling australia here.

It's staggering that Musa Khan got selected. He looks like the Pakistani equivalent of Shivam Mavi I.e seems to have the speed but clearly not ready for international cricket.

Brilliant tactical play here by Pakistan, completely neutralized Smith by not letting him bat.

BTW has Yasir hit a century yet? Sorry not watching live.

You know its time to leave when there are more Indians than Pakistanis in a Pakistan match thread.:uak

Pakistan are doing a great favour to New Zealand by ruining Smith's rhythm.

Said it Pakistan are playing with just 1 bowler in Shaheen and it's proven to be just that.

Whoever thought Musa is a fast bowler should be sacked. One of the worst bowler I've ever seen play international cricket.

Yasir should never have been selected in Australia for a pink ball test. You're just wasting a spot. He's going to go for another 200 here.

The selections have been utterly wrong here.

And labuschagne will be a modern day great.

As a neutral observer I find this ridiculously funny that Naseem is picked to play as a 16 year old, arguably as the next Waqar, was arguably the best bowler and then he is wrapped in cotton wool and doesn't bowl to finish the match but stays on the field indicating he was fit, then practises for the next test but isn't picked and no explanations provided. What did the Pakistani management expect? Naseem to to get a 10fer and win the match for them and then the other bowlers playing out a draw for them to win the series. If he is not unfit, no reason for him to not play. International Cricket is not the place to protect a player to the detriment of the team.

Am surprised Shaheen isnt injured because the 19 year old had to bowl not only his overs last match but also one third of Naseems.

Why? Who's the we? The management, the players or the fans?

The players deserve it for being crap.

The management deserve it for being crap.

The fans deserve it for overrating this crap team. The arrogance and the ego of our fans do not reflect the performance of the team.

India is afraid of playing us, we are the best T20 side, don’t underestimate us, we are suffering because we don’t play at home, Babar is better than Kohli at 25, Yasir is better than Ashwin/Jadeja etc. etc.

All nonsense.

Said it Pakistan are playing with just 1 bowler in Shaheen and it's proven to be just that.

Whoever thought Musa is a fast bowler should be sacked. One of the worst bowler I've ever seen play international cricket.

Yasir should never have been selected in Australia for a pink ball test. You're just wasting a spot. He's going to go for another 200 here.

The selections have been utterly wrong here.

And labuschagne will be a modern day great.

Both Musa and Hasnain are utter rubbish. We are throwing around national caps for free. It seems like playing international cricket means nothing in Pakistan these days.

Warner regain his form,Labuschagne becomes their best player,Smith get lost,Well done Pakistan:salute

FACTS

South Africa slaughtered Australia last year.

Then Pakistan went to South Africa and in a single Test:

Shadab took 4 wickets at 20.00 each.
Faheem took 6 wickets at 16.50 each.

It was Misbah’s dumb choice to then discard them in favour of Yasir Shah and Musa and Imran.

And now Misbah is being held to account for his predictably catastrophic decisions.

Both Shadab and Faheem aren't good enough to repeat any of that.

Shane Warne saying Sarfraz should be the captain he brings the energy
Let rizwan play as batter

Both Musa and Hasnain are utter rubbish. We are throwing around national caps for free. It seems like playing international cricket means nothing in Pakistan these days.

Because there's nobody in our bowling stocks.

Look, there's no winning. What do you think the reaction would have been if Rahat, Sohail, or others who have played intl cricket would've been selected? PP crashed from mass wrist slitting.

Then there are other 'youngsters' who are also hyped - Sameen, Ehsan etc. They too are trash.

Our bowling is in a state of emergency.

Last edited:
Hate to see Iftikhar bowling
What did Misbah see in him to select him as spinner

You know its time to leave when there are more Indians than Pakistanis in a Pakistan match thread.:uak

Sad to see that state of affairs, i wish my fellow indians restrained from putting the boot in....
wishing more of us would enjoy the game we share for what it is...a sport...instead of the mindless one upmanship....cmon guys stop the negativity...

After CT 2017, it has been no fun to be a pakistani fan. Not a single WC player apart from Babar Azam. Allah khair kare.

Hasnain is another one who should never be anywhere near the international team. Garbage of the highest order.

We keep being told that Pakistan has the highest amount of talent anywhere in the world. That has to be the biggest lie that has been successfully sold ever. The talent level is not even greater than West Indies or Bangladesh. Every single player coming out of First Class seems to be worse than the previous one.

They keep hyping Abbas, but I was pretty sure he was another fake bowler who had nothing going for him except novelty. Once that novelty wore off, we've seen him being utter trash. As expected.

Unless Pakistan becomes an economic might, get some money and infrastructure into the system, Pakistan will languish between 7 and 8 in the rankings. Poor third world countries don't succeed especially in this modern tech age.

Is the keeper Rizvan speaking in pashtu and encouraging the bowlers? I think i heard him call yassir as 'shaji'or something similar...he looks to be quite an upbeat character...u need such when the chips are down....good batsman too...

Because there's nobody in our bowling stocks.

Look, there's no winning. What do you think the reaction would have been if Rahat, Sohail, or others who have played intl cricket would've been selected? PP crashed from mass wrist slitting.

Then there are other 'youngsters' who are also hyped - Sameen, Ehsan etc. They too are trash.

Our bowling is in a state of emergency.

You are right that it wouldn't have made a significant difference but the current selections are just nonsensical. Likes of Sameen and Ehsan are average to decentat best unless they have suddenly improved by leaps and bounds but at least selecting them made some sense. They both have good height, especially Ehsan, and are doing well in FC at the moment. And you needed someone who has some experience of 4 day cricket. Selecting Musa and Imran made absolutely no sense and is proving to be a massive blunder.

Hasnain is another one who should never be anywhere near the international team. Garbage of the highest order.

We keep being told that Pakistan has the highest amount of talent anywhere in the world. That has to be the biggest lie that has been successfully sold ever. The talent level is not even greater than West Indies or Bangladesh. Every single player coming out of First Class seems to be worse than the previous one.

They keep hyping Abbas, but I was pretty sure he was another fake bowler who had nothing going for him except novelty. Once that novelty wore off, we've seen him being utter trash. As expected.

Unless Pakistan becomes an economic might, get some money and infrastructure into the system, Pakistan will languish between 7 and 8 in the rankings. Poor third world countries don't succeed especially in this modern tech age.

Totally agree. The myth that Pakistan is the most talented nation in the game is the biggest load of nonsense in cricket.

Your point regarding Pakistan’s economic woes is true. India’s rise as a giant of the game has coincided with its economic development post the 90s. Unless Pakistan can replicate that, our cricket will remain rubbish.

this is embarrassing. pakistan have to beat Lanka, bdesh at home and win vs england away. A win vs south africa is also a must. South Africa are now underrated because they got thrashed recently. Little do they forget that india are just behemoths at home. South Africa are still a good side and they will show it soon. Loads of good talents. Nortje, ngidi, hamza and malaan who will get a chance soon.

I have lost count of the number of times the opposition have been 200/1 against Pakistan in both Tests and ODIs in the last two years.

It seems to be the standard score against us these days.

Why is Naseem not in the squad. Is he injured. Thought he bowled in the first test bowled with lot of pace and heart.

Misbah defenders are banking on him turning Pakistan’s fortunes at home. I am not too sure about that.

We look proper crap and the likes of Sri Lanka won’t roll over for free. They probably have better players than us for Asian conditions at the moment.

A sensible post.

You'll see a lot of names being thrown in from random PPers. X is great, Y is express quick, etc. Do not for a single moment believe in any of that hype. You know how that Abbas thread turned out.

Sameen Gul, Ehsan Adil - these are the flavors of the month on PP. Before that, it was Hasnain, Musa. All these are trash bowlers. Don't believe any of the hype.

Only Naseem was real and he has potential.

So right now, there's nobody in our backup supply that can be selected and make our fast bowling great. That's a bitter truth.

One can only hope that Waqar scouts and uncovers someone new.

mohammed abbas is pankaj singh at best

shaheen is a young morkel. He will grown into a waqar in the future. good talent

musa is a bilawal Bhatti in the making

ifthikar is like Stuart binny

imran khan jnr is like lakshmipathy valaji

Misbah defenders are banking on him turning Pakistan’s fortunes at home. I am not too sure about that.

We look proper crap and the likes of Sri Lanka won’t roll over for free. They probably have better players than us for Asian conditions at the moment.

It will be a 1-1 draw

You are right that it wouldn't have made a significant difference but the current selections are just nonsensical. Likes of Sameen and Ehsan are average to decentat best unless they have suddenly improved by leaps and bounds but at least selecting them made some sense. They both have good height, especially Ehsan, and are doing well in FC at the moment. And you needed someone who has some experience of 4 day cricket. Selecting Musa and Imran made absolutely no sense and is proving to be a massive blunder.

If Sameen and Ehsan were selected, 'selecting them was a blunder' thread would have already been started on PP.

There's no winning, because our bowling overall is trash. Certainly is for AUS conditions.

You can be optimistic. Why? Because we're already at our lowest point in Tests. Getting whitewashed at home.

What worse will happen?

I don't see us doing that bad and getting whitewashed again by SL.

At least a draw would be there and possibly a series win. That SL side is super strong, I know, and that will make it a good change. A nice improvement.

You wouldn't have dared to say that when the 1st Test started. Abbas was McGrath v2 on PP just because he got dropped.

I always never rated that fraud. Trundlers are just ewww. Unless you bowl a heavy ball and possess skills like mcgrath then bowling at 125 is useless.
Never rated abbas. He looks and is genuine cannon fodder.

If Sameen and Ehsan were selected, 'selecting them was a blunder' thread would have already been started on PP.

There's no winning, because our bowling overall is trash. Certainly is for AUS conditions.

Neither of them would have been a bigger blunder than a 5'8 19-year-old and a 33-year-old averaging 50 in QEA who hasn't played Tests since 3 years.

I always never rated that fraud. Trundlers are just ewww. Unless you bowl a heavy ball and possess skills like mcgrath then bowling at 125 is useless.
Never rated abbas. He looks and is genuine cannon fodder.

Good. Yes, I always felt that he wouldn't be a force after the novelty wears off.

Everyone knew Yasir doesn't work outside the UAE so why the hell was he selected for this tour. He has no control and doesn't warrant a place in the team

He has also regressed in the UAE also.

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] for all the ribbing you get from some of the lot here for bangladesh sometimes flattering to deceive even you must not be enjoying this ? This is just disdainful batting. [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] will say that the right players weren't selected but it is just conjecture to think they would have been bamboozling australia here.

Trust me, I am not enjoying this. In total 10-12 countries play cricket seriously and of those few are new and in few cricket is a dying sports - in that regard, if a former world champion goes down to minnow level after 70 years of Test history, it's not healthy you know. And, I am not even considering the emotional attachment with the first love ....

I know my cricket and I know exactly where my team stands, but can't say that for many here - so, I had to remind them that they should keep low profile particularly when team is touring Australia....... it works, going forward it'll work even better and I'll add few other countries along with Australia.

Junaids does a wonderful job here in PP - without him, recent days often PAK's games are unworthy even for keeping a track. He is the charm of PP - I know, many online papers keep paid posters, who generates "clicks" ...... Junaids is doing that voluntarily.

Neither of them would have been a bigger blunder than a 5'8 19-year-old and a 33-year-old averaging 50 in QEA who hasn't played Tests since 3 years.
We thought selecting Irfan was a blunder.

Can't wait to see our beautiful squad against Sr Lanka. It will be white wash at home.

Pakistan is probably the only country who doesn't take any advantage of its home conditions. Not talking about UAE. Only Pakistan.

And to be honest, I don't even know what is Pakistan's home advantage anyways? Our pitches are not overly conducive to spin, neither to fast bowlers and bounce neither too low nor too high.

Any decent team would beat this Pakistan team in Pakistan. In fact, I wouldn't be an iota surprised if SL actually wins the series in Pakistan. Karunarate alone is better than almost all of our batters combined, barring Babar.

Trust me, I am not enjoying this. In total 10-12 countries play cricket seriously and of those few are new and in few cricket is a dying sports - in that regard, if a former world champion goes down to minnow level after 70 years of Test history, it's not healthy you know. And, I am not even considering the emotional attachment with the first love ....

I know my cricket and I know exactly where my team stands, but can't say that for many here - so, I had to remind them that they should keep low profile particularly when team is touring Australia....... it works, going forward it'll work even better and I'll add few other countries along with Australia.

Junaids does a wonderful job here in PP - without him, recent days often PAK's games are unworthy even for keeping a track. He is the charm of PP - I know, many online papers keep paid posters, who generates "clicks" ...... Junaids is doing that voluntarily.

Yep you and [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] certainly are a charm of PP.

Joe Burns must be kicking his own back side himself .... hath may aaya, mu na laga.

Is the keeper Rizvan speaking in pashtu and encouraging the bowlers? I think i heard him call yassir as 'shaji'or something similar...he looks to be quite an upbeat character...u need such when the chips are down....good batsman too...

I would say Babar's century and Rizwan's keeping, batting and attitude have definitely been the bright spots for Pakistan in this tour. If they keep calm, understand that they don't have to hurry, and try to bat long they can both repeat their batting success from the last Test.

It look like a flat track. I wont be surprised if Pakistan makes closest to what aussies might score. I am expecting pakistan to give phanti to Aus bowlers here. I didn’t expect this kind of performance of pak bowlers. But blame will go to waqar and misbah for selecting inexperienced bowling attack.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Pakistan cap shouldn't be this cheap that these two bowlers getting picked despite averaging 68 and 48 in this FC season. It was a shamoblic decision.

At least respect domestic cricket

Im backing Warner to get a 300 here and Labuschagne 250.

Back