England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Southampton | Aug 24, 2016 | Pakistan Innings

Oh unlucky Azam.

This is what reviews are meant to be used. Hopefully the third umpire will be involved in future like they are doing it for no balls as well.

Star sports disturbing, CI says that pad first.

Man Babar Azam was looking sublime. I could watch him all day, diamond in the rough

I have been against this one review in ODIs since day 1.

Unlucky Babar

He is ranked at 45, highest ranked Pakistani :facepalm:

ODI game has changed. Don't expect bowlers to win you matches unless they're exceptional like Starc. Bowlers need a cushion of 300+ runs to defend these days. The day the batting lineup consistently delivers, your bowling will look much better.

That's a huge blow and its all thanks to Sharjeel. Though I can't fathom why Azhar Ali let him use up a review on an obvious out and it comes back to bite us.

M Holding "If I was Pakistan's captain then tat would hav been Sharjeel's last game"...

wat t hell sharjeel nd azhar do...?

Azhar seriously needs to push up his strike rate from 60 to 85+ now. Can't keep on playing around 60 SR.

Sharjeel probably told Azhar that I don't think I hit it. What a selfish lair

Dammit sharjeel

236867.jpg

Really poor umpiring. It should be up to the officials to make correct calls rather than a team depending on reviews. Every wicket should be automatically reviewed.. I mean if they can use a TV umpire to call no balls why not just double check a wicket to prevent howlers like this

25 overs are gone and we're at 123, how much can we push? 270/280???

Very unlucky but the blame goes to sir azhar Bradman for putting pressure on Babar playing too many dot balls.

I don't like how these bad umpire deacons can cost us the came I remember the NZ 3rd odi when Anderson clearly edged it but umpire gave it not out! Now we might lost this game!

Just need to bowl the quicks and those two will throw their wicket

Very unlucky but the blame goes to sir azhar Bradman for putting pressure on Babar playing too many dot balls.

It wasn't even an attacking. A forward defense.

Angelo mathews stopped kusal perera using review even in 47th over in the other game azhar would have done that too

Azhar crawling away to his useless Shehzadesque 50

Was a big edge there dnt know why umpire gave out even it was that plumb

30 over honay walay hain abhi 150 tak nahi hoi

Bad Luck for BABAR AZAM. He was looking great easy 100 was for taking. Pakistan players need to stop being selfish, how come sharjeel didnt know that he edged it. What a loss for Pakistan chances to put up competitive total.

Was a big edge there dnt know why umpire gave out even it was that plumb

And to make matters worse, the ball pitching and impact were both "umpire's call".

Absolutely horrible decision

Azhar can't even hit a bad ball for a boundary. What a frustrating player to watch.

I'm sure Azhar heard the noise. Should've advised him not to take the review.

Lol so you want Azhar to tell Sharjeel that you are lying?

Obviously you'd expect the guy with the bat to know whether he edged it or not.

Sharjeel told him that

Not the best innings by Azhar Ali but in the context not the worst either....Also Pakistan is lacking power hitting in the lower order

The way Azhar strikes the ball you'd think he's gonna dispatch it to the boundary in no time.... rolls straight to the fielder.

Lol so you want Azhar to tell Sharjeel that you are lying?

Obviously you'd expect the guy with the bat to know whether he edged it or not.

Sharjeel told him that

everything is azhars fault. sharjeels stupid shot hafeez being brainless and the umpire making a mistake..

Should have gotten another 50+ today. Thank you ump and Sharjeel

I believe Azhar (dumb-a$$) is equally culprit. He was on none striker end, and how on earth he can't see that Sharjeel was OUT?

Azhar crawling away to his useless Shehzadesque 50

Shehzad can at-least hit a couple out of the ground.

So could Misbah against the spinners.

This is just something else. On top of that the pitch is playing so well.

Don't have high hopes now for a 270/280 total with Babar gone.

Had Azhar got out early...Pak would have been 90/4 in 20-25.......and max score would have been 220...now good chance of getting 250...yeah by modern standards pretty average but at least average is better than sub-par

Sarfraz should never bat below 5, he cannot hit out relentlessly as a finisher but he can play at high SR's and hit some boundaries here and there

Back