England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Southampton | Aug 24, 2016 | Pakistan Innings

Again with the subcontinent nonsense. Hafeez is rubbish against all types of bowling away from Asia unless Zimbabwe.

I never said he wasn't. That's more of a mental deficiency not lack of an ability to play off-spin in general.

Babar vs Umar: who is more hyped at same stage of their career.
I know where you are coming form...once teams start figuring the players out they do not adapt and it's a downward spiral from there onwards...Babar is doing great at the moment...but I will definitely hold my horses.

We need an Umar Akmal in the top 3. These Azhars and Hafeezes would have been ideal in the 90s but not in this era

Too many dot balls, Pakistan's old chronic problem. Four of your top 6 are Azhar, Hafeez, Malik, Sarfraz then it will be hard to win against top teams. Most of them cannot play pace at all. Azhar is good in test only, he plays too many dots ball and does not have many shots...

Pakistan was too quick to fire Umar Akmal from Lois, he had attitude issues. But these guys does not require performance to be in the team, they are the old guys who act as coaches for young, and don't have to perform. What they have done to be in the team?? - There failures does not matter in the eyes of management and fans :facepalm:

Even in this series, fans are expecting Babar and Sharjeel to carry the batting. If they fail, axe will be on them as well but these four will carry on, they are not suppose to be match winners, they are there to have experience in dressing room, if they perform that's a bonus, otherwise they have done their job by being in the dressing room :14:

Pace or no pace Sarfraz is decent at rotating strike.

England should take away Root.

Babar does not look confident against pace.

Too bad, Stokes is not fit enough to bowl.

I never said he wasn't. That's more of a mental deficiency not lack of an ability to play off-spin in general.

And both (ability and mental strength) count equally at this level. If you're not good any either of them, that mean's you're not good enough for this level.

Last edited:
SR of 55 looks pathetic right now but if Azhar can stay till the 40th over and anchor the innings with a SR of 80 by the end of it, I don't have any problems. Every team needs one anchor and Azhar is ours. Obviously he can work on his strike rotation but all is not lost if Azhar ends up making 80+ and holds up an end.

It's not even about ability it's about intent, and they don't even show that, that's the worst part about our ODI batting, it's looks a lost cause.

Azhar is trying to play a anchor type innings here.... Is this the plan ?? Micky ??

He was dismissed pretty easily by Moeen Ali in the second test match. After surviving the pacers

Wasn't Umar Akmal a regular during Pakistan team's spiral to 9.....I think it was a fantastic decision to keep Shehzad,Akmal and Afridi away....just have patience and you will start doing well....This coming from an Indian fan...it is so obvious to see.

Pakistan fans don't like the obvious. With those 3 out of the picture the performance is already on the rise. We just need to replace Hafeez

You can see there much stress Wood puts on his ankle. A dangerous bowler when fit but fitness will always be an issue with that action.

Azhar needs to explain to babar that hes not playing a t20 inns here and he has another 32 overs to bat!

i can see him throwing it away here while playing well!

Based on career evidence so far, babar Azam will throw it away after pretty fifty

Also, regarding Azhar, you have to put his game in the context of our batting lineup. There is so much frailty in our batting lineup that if you have a player with the defenses of Azhar and Misbah, they have to stay till the end to prevent a collapse and for that it means a loss in SR.

Azhar needs to explain to babar that hes not playing a t20 inns here and he has another 32 overs to bat!

i can see him throwing it away here while playing well!

This is modern day ODI which is played almost like a T20. Pakistan's inability to do so has left us at number 9 in the rankings.

Babar just 9 dots from 24 balls. Wow wow wow :raja

Wood barely has a run up. Even more impressive the way he is generating pace.

Yaar it is so easy for Babar to get a single

There is really no place for Azhar in this team, it's not as if he's some tactical wonder either. I'd rather have given experience to Sami Aslam instead.

Pakistani ODI Batting Strategy...

1 Guy Plays Anchor Role - The Guy who can't hit boundaries :facepalm:
Runs First 30 overs are doubled in the Final 20....
Keep Wickets in Hand so that we can Blast in the last 10

No wonder we are languishing at #9

Malik and Hafeez are liability. Forget about ODI ranking as long as we have these pathetic batsmen who do not have the technique or talent to play modern cricket.

After 20, we're at 94 ONLY BECAUSE OF BABAR.

Current partnership worth 42 runs, 8.0 overs, RR: 5.25 (Azhar Ali 13, Babar Azam 27)

Sharjeel
ASLAM
Babar
Akmal
Sarfraz
Rizwan
Nawaz
Imad
Amir
Wahab
Yasir/Gul/Sohail khan/any quickie

This shouldbe our lineup

Azhar needs an over where he gets 2 boundaries now.

This knock can be a useful one if he steps it up now.

Pakistani ODI Batting Strategy...

1 Guy Plays Anchor Role - The Guy who can't hit boundaries :facepalm:
Runs First 30 overs are doubled in the Final 20....
Keep Wickets in Hand so that we can Blast in the last 10

No wonder we are languishing at #9

This is early 90s strategy. :facepalm:

We are still stuck in that era

Only way we will get a big total here is if babar bats most of the inns and gets a big hundred.

There is really no place for Azhar in this team, it's not as if he's some tactical wonder either. I'd rather have given experience to Sami Aslam instead.

If we look at this team from afar, and ask ourselves if this is a side capable of making it into top 3 in the rankings with Azhar as captain and as an opener, it really doesn't look like it. But one can hope I guess.

Azhar Ali trying to be there till the second new ball is due

Even Haris Sohail Ahmed Shehzad are players who can serve us long
We should cut these dreadlocks #3.hamdbrakes

Back