England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Southampton | Aug 24, 2016 | Pakistan Innings

How ordinary is Rashid lol...getting almost out bowled by Root and going for almost 6 runs p.o in this situation

It's hypocritocal to like azhar in odis if you were against shezad or it mean you are really thinking shezad just has discipline problem who is even more lolworthy.

Chalo, Plunkett is back and one of these two will throw their wicket soon.

Looks like SHarjeel has taken the old Afridi/Umar Akmal spot and Ali the old Misbah spot...one gets justified for a mediocre performance and the other gets criticized for consistency.

I will put my hand up and say...very good knock by A.Ali in the context of "this innings"

Azhar not much different than shezad play for his fifty and after start slogging.

Looks like SHarjeel has taken the old Afridi/Umar Akmal spot and Ali the old Misbah spot...one gets justified for a mediocre performance and the other gets criticized for consistency.

I will put my hand up and say...very good knock by A.Ali in the context of "this innings"

Cut the bs

Misbah at least could use the excuse half the time he came in at 50/3

Azhar comes on at 0/0 and brings the pressure on himself and the team

It's hypocritocal to like azhar in odis if you were against shezad or it mean you are really thinking shezad just has discipline problem who is even more lolworthy.

Not really, Shehzad was the biggest hypocrite. Would talk an aggressive game and pose as an aggressive batsman but during the game he couldn't walk the talk. At least with Azhar you know what you are getting but the biggest thing is, is he PERFORMS even with limited ability

what is this useless batting from azhar..get out now so we can get the legend in!!

Hope Azhar can quickly reach his hundred here. Would then justify the pace of the innings.

Not really, Shehzad was the biggest hypocrite. Would talk an aggressive game and pose as an aggressive batsman but during the game he couldn't walk the talk. At least with Azhar you know what you are getting but the biggest thing is, is he PERFORMS even with limited ability

buzdil Kacha khilari!!

England is mocking us. First they bring up that our highest ranked bowler is #45, then they show our ODI rank.

Azhar will end up with a SR of 80+. Will be more than adequate if he gets a 100 at that rate.

Last edited:
Cut the bs

Misbah at least could use the excuse half the time he came in at 50/3

Azhar comes on at 0/0 and brings the pressure on himself and the team

So if Azhar had scored 30(25) would that have been more beneficial? Do you even see the line-up and what is to follow,if the team is 4 or 5 down by 25 overs?

Sarfu is not interested in attacking spinners, singles la ka jaan chura raha hai.

Shuker...some momentum is coming back...Last 5 ovs 33/0 RR 6.60 please, please, please don't lose any wicket here yaar.

A.Ali S/r 73.00 now....Sarfaraz S/R 76.00....Keep in mind Sarfaraz would have come a lot earlier had Azhar got out after a quick fire knock way earlier.

As said before folks 35 overs approaching soon and Azher is primed for lift off .. Controlled Aggression

Last edited:
Finally, Azhar's SR is on inclined after every overs....phew....

The think some don't understand is if azhar or shezad get out without getting a high score they cost you the match for sure and this happen far more than the odd century.

Anyone still questioning Azhar Ali's slow start now?

I think the Afridi hangover is still there by some posts above

No because he did lot of damage. Put pressure on other batsmen and no pressure on English bowlers

Is it Azhar's fault Hafeez can't play a simple sweep shot without top edging it? Is it his fault the umpire made a howler to give Babar out?

So much hate for Azhar here. It's funny

So if Azhar had scored 30(25) would that have been more beneficial? Do you even see the line-up and what is to follow,if the team is 4 or 5 down by 25 overs?

Yeah I reckon it would, he kills the innings at the middle

These days you need to aim for 300' that's the par score. With Azhar we will be lucky to get there

Back