England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Southampton | Aug 24, 2016 | Pakistan Innings

No it's not the way. You can't force a player to play on a position where he doesn't feel comfortable.

He was good as opener , he has developed some fear , you need to get that fear out . Otherwise you will continue to have poor starts and pressure on middle order.

Still ****** off about babar,he can accelerate against spinners and pacers without slogging.

He was good as opener , he has developed some fear , you need to get that fear out . Otherwise you will continue to have poor starts and pressure on middle order.

He was, and was is a key word. So again, why you want to force him to open?

I'll let him play where he feel more comfortable at.

Mohammad nawaz should have come in instead of malik given the match situation. He can slog better or well who knows maybe that was just against Irish trundlers.

Even commentators and cricket experts saying thanks to Babars innings that Azhar didn't had to panic. And how poor strike rotation was. If Shehzad was playing such a innings their be so many threads made about how selfish and poor odi player he is. But too many lovers of Azhar here.

And please don't blame the bowling if we lose because this pitch is a 300+ wicket. Look how easy Babar and others played.

The two guys batting now are second string players of a partnership. Neither is capable of boundaries against pace

Can't count how many times sarfraz fail to chase score like 24 in 3 overs at 8rpo so much for being a aggresive batsmen.

Thing is we're at 9th in the ranking, Azhar under immense pressure as player and as a captain. From that perspective it was a good knock, he found a bit of form the hard way and iA will take great confidence from that knock and displays a bit more freedom in the next few games.

As Imran Khan once said "I don't mind if we win or lose, as long as we play like cornered tigers" Azhar was cornered and bah gawd he fought like a tiger out there and put a heavy price on his wicket when his back was against the wall. Shabah! Shabah! Just focus on your batting Azhar bhai and ignore lemons like [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

:))

Well said.

Right now fakhar Zaman should open with sharjeel, when haris gets back he should slot into 3, if professor has form still make him open.

Even now I'd rather make prof open with both Rizwan and sarfraz in

Please... enough of Sharjeel. He should only be in T20's doesn't deserve a spot in ODI's unless the opponent is ZIM, BAN IRl :hafeez

Pak still playing 90's cricket in ODI's.

Back in 90's, a RR of 4.8 at 40 over mark was considered good.

These days, it is 6. Especially on flat ODI tracks like the ones in England.

The two guys batting now are second string players of a partnership. Neither is capable of boundaries against pace

It's a travesty that Nawaz is languishing at 7 while these guys try to flail at 130 kph stuff. This is the only chance Nawaz has to make a name for himself as he is proficient against fast bowling but weak against spin.

No real change in tactics from Mickey, should've sent in one of Nawaz or Imad as a pinch hitter

Proper 90s cricket this...Get to 200 in 40 and then bang bang in the last 10.....

:facepalm: Brainless Tactics to be honest !!

Considering we are no. 9 and 200/4 against England in 40.1 overs is more than my expectation.

last ten now..lets see what legend can do..its a good platform and no excuses from malik fans now!!

Imad is surely the better hitter among this lower rubbish order but he doesn't work enough on hus batting

Malik will play his usual dirty role. Score 30 odd useless runs while killing the run rate to ensure a defeat.

whats this rubbish from sarfraz? need 6 sixes an over now..legend will show saf how to play!! ohh baarish!!

Good fielding Jordan :))

Sarfraz shutting quite a few haters up. 47 (49) and people are still complaining...

I think one of the biggest limitation of azhar ali is when he is accelerating he doesnt look comfortable doing it.

5 singles and a boundary in each over with 6 wkts in hand ...how hard is that ?

Rain is no good for Pakistan because England side can chase anything within a shortened over match with "ease"

what do you mean lol?
Do you think it's brilliant to play at 90s/r or at 6rpo in this position ? Sarfraz is rubbish because he can't won you match even if you need 22 in 3 overs and today he shows that he can't even accelerate against spinners in the middle overs.

It's funny these two playing together, I remember Malik swearing at Sarfu then he initially came in the side.

Back