England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Southampton | Aug 24, 2016 | Pakistan Innings

i always found Azhar a good batsman, definitely better than Hafeez

The think some don't understand is if azhar or shezad get out without getting a high score they cost you the match for sure and this happen far more than the odd century.

Yes. Also I'd rather have sarfraz open even and Azhar come down the order. Maybe 2 down. Need someone to attack during power play overs. Ideally Babar is better in opening slot but he's a natural middle order player. Maybe Sami Aslam could be an option. But who'd make way?

It shows how backwards we are that we are cheering and hyping an innings where a player is going under a strike rate of 80 let alone a 100 despite playing mor than a 100 balls and being dropped twice

Basically making sure we don't miss shezhad

And as I write this an end to this gutter innings

Yeah I reckon it would, he kills the innings at the middle

These days you need to aim for 300' that's the par score. With Azhar we will be lucky to get there

Without him we would be lucky to survive 50 overs. Baby steps, improvement doesn't happen over night

Pakistan need to make sure they do not play dots , get at least single of every ball here till 42 - 43 overs mark

cricinfo
"I thought people would have learned a lesson from misbah but the way they r criticising azhar I don't think they have. I am with u azhar"

Lol Misbah was the one brought this team down from No.4/3 to no.9. Any sensible person wouldn't like to learn from his fault :misbah

130 off the last 15... manageable?

Pakistan lack a quality finisher so I don't see it happening.

Pitch is flat. Nothing for the bowlers at all, and ironically many English fans accuse SC boards of preparing flat pitches

well played Azher got the SR up and we still have good hitters left to take us near 300.

Azhar Ali is averaging 42+ with a SR of 74+ after 35 ODIS and he is consistent. Yet some Pakistani posters hate him! Really strange.

Start hitting earlier. If the batsmen aren't up to it change the squad.

Yeah while at it....why not include the ready made Kohli's(agressive top order),Faulkners(hard hitting allrounder),Andre Russels of the world who are available out there

Yes. Also I'd rather have sarfraz open even and Azhar come down the order. Maybe 2 down. Need someone to attack during power play overs. Ideally Babar is better in opening slot but he's a natural middle order player. Maybe Sami Aslam could be an option. But who'd make way?

Babaar is an opener.

He should be opening , Pakistan would have better starts. You need your best players up the order.

At least he tries but the problem is he hasn't got attacking strikes so he can just slog or block

Sarfraz is set and has to step up now. The final power play will start soon and that's bad for us. Make use of the next few overs

Kaptaan gets out after destroying the Pakistan momentum. Well done. :14:
#Messiah #BetterThanShehzad #loneranger

You have a realistic shot at 300 now than had you been 100/4 or 115/5 in 16 overs

You are playing hypotheticals as much as anyone else now, how do you we would be that much down on this batting pitch, both Babar and Malik have been in form. What I do know is that if you start negatively from the ball go you are setting yourself up for failure

Rest of the world has moved on, even Bangladesh

It shows how backwards we are that we are cheering and hyping an innings where a player is going under a strike rate of 80 let alone a 100 despite playing mor than a 100 games and being dropped twice

On the contrary we finally have one reliable opener and we know what he is capable of, so let's build around that. If you think we are lacking firepower than we need a few more hard hitters but you can't blame someone that performs

What a selfish innings and player.
What kind of shot is that. If he muddled that it was just a single. Taking so much risk for a single. Why don't you come down the track and try snaking it. Instead trying to smack it for a single. Shows how a poor odi player he is. Has to take risks to get singles.
Disgusting innings.

An ugly hoik and out. This one day series will be a nightmare to watch.

Azhar Ali is averaging 42+ with a SR of 74+ after 35 ODIS and he is consistent. Yet some Pakistani posters hate him! Really strange.

Pakistan fans like to see flashy twenties and thirties etc

That's a poor shoot. It was his job to ensure run a ball. He needs to find to accelerate up front in the next few matches.

Was just gonna post this "So far So good, they can keep on rotating the strike for another 5 overs and then unleash them selves! The only thing is Azhar is nearing his 100 and he will be very cautious now and slow down the proceedings"and he goes for good!!!

Selfish review from Sharjeel. Should've used it on Babar.

Also we desperately need a 90+ SR batsman. Azhar, Sarfraz Shobby in the same line-up doesn't cut it.

Shobby is a must though, watch him go, watch him nay-nay in this innings.

Oh no. What should i say-a Mainul curse? I just posted a comment praising Azhar and just then he got out!

Even if we end up getting all out for 240 it will be thanks to a selfish innings by our Kaptaan.

:out

Not as bad of an innings as it seemed earlier.

Thing is we're at 9th in the ranking, Azhar under immense pressure as player and as a captain. From that perspective it was a good knock, he found a bit of form the hard way and iA will take great confidence from that knock and displays a bit more freedom in the next few games.

As Imran Khan once said "I don't mind if we win or lose, as long as we play like cornered tigers" Azhar was cornered and bah gawd he fought like a tiger out there and put a heavy price on his wicket when his back was against the wall. Shabah! Shabah! Just focus on your batting Azhar bhai and ignore lemons like [MENTION=16]Amjid Javed[/MENTION]

You should start a new trend on twitter azhardians and tweet these stats all day along to show azhar is the goat.

You are playing hypotheticals as much as anyone else now, how do you we would be that much down on this batting pitch, both Babar and Malik have been in form. What I do know is that if you start negatively from the ball go you are setting yourself up for failure

Rest of the world has moved on, even Bangladesh

Now if Andre Russell or Dhoni or Faulkner or Anderson type players are not getting enough overs to get settled in yes it is a crime....what are Pakistan's options?

Babaar is an opener.

He should be opening , Pakistan would have better starts. You need your best players up the order.

Oh?doesnt he play in the middle order for his domestic side? They tried him earlier as opener and it wasn't too great from what it seemed.

This batting order is a mess. What is Malik going to do at this stage coming in when wood and plunkett bowling.

On the contrary we finally have one reliable opener and we know what he is capable of, so let's build around that. If you think we are lacking firepower than we need a few more hard hitters but you can't blame someone that performs

What's the difference between Azhar and shezhad, we have barely Improved, and by sticking with the same method has gone 10 step backwards

Babaar is an opener.

Oh bhai Khuka ka liya listen to him for once.

He has said it multiple times that he see himself as middle order player means, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN OPENING.

Just not possible to play Hafeez and Azhar in top three. One is too unreliable when touring and the other is slow.

Now if Andre Russell or Dhoni or Faulkner or Anderson type players are not getting enough overs to get settled in yes it is a crime....what are Pakistan's options?

Right now fakhar Zaman should open with sharjeel, when haris gets back he should slot into 3, if professor has form still make him open.

Even now I'd rather make prof open with both Rizwan and sarfraz in

Oh bhai Khuka ka liya listen to him for once.

He has said it multiple times that he see himself as middle order player means, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN OPENING.

He has to play according to team requirements.

This is why Inzamam could not achieve much , he hid himself down the order.

Sarfraz so far failing his mission he comes up to up the tempo against the spinners

I have seen this Rashid before...always looks like the weak link...always seems to gets smacked every over but always ends up with wickets consistently :O

He has to play according to team requirements.

This is why Inzamam could not achieve much , he hid himself down the order.

No it's not the way. You can't force a player to play on a position where he doesn't feel comfortable.

We have lost this man. Unless Sarfraz becomes Symonds. Shobby alone cannot take us over the line.

Bowling attack has leaked runs so far this series, Ducky Lewis going against us too. And then you have Roy/Hales at the top.

Back