England v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Southampton | Aug 24, 2016 | Pakistan Innings

Don't run away like that, name an alternative ?

Easy to criticise, harder to solve problems

Sami Aslam, Mo Hafeez, Babar, Ahsan Ali. There are many options but it's on the coach/captain to identify one. If they accept Sharjeel's contribution in a series then thats okay with me. But you cannot deny that he has serious flaws which won't allow him to score regularly. Its not even about his batting temperament.

Hafeez is a good ODI player. Should be dropped from Tests but he's been good in this format

Haha another drop, England are smart by letting these go , not just for this game but the series

2 Chances now for Azhar.

Its his day. He is gonna score a daddy hundred here.

Azhar at least used to charge when he started out in ODIs. Now he doesn't even do that

Azhar Ali 14 off 30 balls. Mashallah nazar na lagay

Our fans are good for nothing. The ball is moving off the deck. Give them a chance. After 10, we'll get going inshAllah.

Sami aslam is another grinder who takes a while to get set.

Maybe with more confidence he would more fluently. Ideally I'd have him and sharjeel opening, but we are stuck with Azhar and with Azhar you need a stroke player or the closest we can get to that.
He isn't exactly slow his domestic SR is 85 and more importantly once he gets set he usually goes on to make a big one.

Azhar,Malik and Hafeez are liabilities in ODIs specially if you are not playing in subcontinent.

I dont know how we can replace them not much options i guess.

They waste too many deliveries no rotation of strike at all

Don't mind Sharjeel in the team but what a stupid review. Brainless player.

Sami Aslam, Mo Hafeez, Babar, Ahsan Ali. There are many options but it's on the coach/captain to identify one. If they accept Sharjeel's contribution in a series then thats okay with me. But you cannot deny that he has serious flaws which won't allow him to score regularly. Its not even about his batting temperament.

Ashan Ali I would like to see

Babar's future for the time being should be middle order, no need to weaken of our few strengths

Sami takes a while to get going this stage his career.

Being stuck with Azhar you need a stroke player. We have given many chances to flawed players who play at a strike rate of 60, we might as well do the same with someone who tries to play the modern game, especially if he is your only option of that mould

For the better of the team, Azhar should consider retiring from ODI. He is just bad. How are you going to have an opening batsmen who can't play any sort of aggressive shots in the powerplay?

Woakes bowling some peaches unlucky so far ....or maybe england lucky :azhar .

Too much aggression shown by aggressive Ali, take a pity on poor English bowlers Azhar

Azhar needs to bat the full fifty overs now. No point doing tuk tuk at the start then not doing anything for the team.

That's the problem of present Pakistani batsmen in ODIS.Nobody knows how to keep scoreboard ticking by taking singles.

Theres no better alternative

Our other options like Shehzad and Manzoor are hacks too

But the added downside to them is that they score the same runs as Sharjeel would but take twice as many balls as him to score that

Could be.

But it will remain frustrating to see him get himself out. The irony with Sharjeel is that it isn't even about batting temperament with him considering he is an aggressive opener. He just loses it against a 4/5th stump line spell.

Either he improves magically or goes the Gayle way.

Azhar looking to do a sunny gavaskar type odi inns here

He can reverse the ball from what I saw in the U.A.E. He was their best bowler on show and troubled our Batsman consistently.

That's why I said he's potentially the biggest threat since he can bowl at 90 mph and reverse the ball.

It's not even the pace at what he plays it's about looking like a tailender.

Our fans are good for nothing. The ball is moving off the deck. Give them a chance. After 10, we'll get going inshAllah.

AA is on 18 off 36 balls, surely he can at least rotate the strike if hitting boundaries is difficult against white ball.

SR of <= 50 is poor in today's game.

Pakistan 37/1 after 9 pretty poor and slow start

So five dots and a four in the over. Typical Pakistan

Ashan Ali I would like to see

Babar's future for the time being should be middle order, no need to weaken of our few strengths

Sami takes a while to get going this stage his career.

Being stuck with Azhar you need a stroke player. We have given many chances to flawed players who play at a strike rate of 60, we might as well do the same with someone who tries to play the modern game, especially if he is your only option of that mould

Why should we mould our team according to Azhar when he isn't even fit to play LOI's...if he does not get going he needs to be dropped and captaincy given to someone else.

The problem with azhar is he hasn't got the shot to score once the powerplay is finish and fielder are out.

English seamers are very good, three can bowl 90+ other is Woaks, who is best English bowler this summer (red or white)... Wood has been bowling 90+ every ball and he can reverse, then you have Jordan who has very good yorkers... Its not going to be easy to score against them :(

Back