England v Pakistan | Second Test | Day 2 : Session 2 | Edgbaston | 07/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
man pakistan have such a good attack if we would of held our catches it would be 100 all out despite this england are still less then 300 lol

England | 7/248 | 77.1 Overs | Lead by 176 runs

Finally a wicket for Pakistan, Collingwood gone.

England's batting is damn over-rated. We have dropped 8 catches so far in this innings, and the score still hasn't crossed 300 :))

Is anybody watching on 'Star Cricket'? I love the ad with the green parrot haha

hopefully we can blast our way to 300 and get a few wickets tonight. 230 lead is usually impregnable in 1st innings, and certainly should be on this pitch.

I can't believe yasir hameed dropped simple catch at first slip even though the ball kept low when it reached hameed.

Ajmal has bowled wonderfully well, it was a great move to bring him in the team in place of kaneria. If only fielders could hold onto simple catches.

And yes ajmal gets breakthrough ! colly caught by farhat off ajmal !

BBC commentary, found this funny so thought id share it with you guys

"Swann edges just short of second slip... not that he'd necessarily have caught it anyway, but Hameed makes a good stop on the bounce. Maiden over."

England's batting is damn over-rated. We have dropped 8 catches so far in this innings, and the score still hasn't crossed 300 :))

this is a complete minefield, has been since the first session. looks like the dropped catches are gonna cost you the game.

We would've had them for 150. Would still have been an innings defeat but atleast would've given the bowlers some confidence.

I'm not celebrating though...England will still win by an innings and a 150

England | 8/248 | 77.4 Overs | Lead by 176 runs

Ajmal strikes twice in this over Broad gone.

Lol, but true :(

i think zulqarnain's chance was hard both of them. but world class keepers need to take those and sadly zulqarnain isnt. i hate kami alot but i think he needs to be rested as he is capabe of great things. Stupid decision by the selection commity why isnt sarfaraz ahmed the back up WK. he isnt even Pakistan A tour

"Finally Pakistan start catching the cricket ball and what a difference it does make!" - Naser Hussain

I think its fair to say that if we had a decent batting line-up, we would have had the upper hand. Blimey, 8 catches dropped and you are still 248/8. That is bemusing to say the least

Ajmal in one innings has overshadowed Kaneria's performances throughout this summer

now lets get ready for a 150 runs partnership between the last two batsmen.

Brilliant bowling by Ajmal. Where the hell is Amir? He needs a go here.

England | 8/248 | 78 Overs | Lead by 176 runs

Two wickets for Ajmal and Pakistan. Double-wicket maiden.

I hope Butt does not go defensive here like last test so they do not have to bat the last few overs of the day.

Tough decision to take the new ball with Ajmal bowling like this. Then again it could be all over by then.

Andu on strike against Aamer. I sniff an edge...and it will be dropped :(

Karman distracting the fielders. Wants to help Pakistan lose even when he's not playing. What spirit!

Ajmal strikes ! this time broad caught by hameed at legslip ! hameed and farhat making up for their dropped catches finally !

Why the hell we did'nt get ajmal in the series earlier ? Just imagine what difference ajmal would have made with his control and subtle variations.

I think Nottingham was a fair representation of the two sides' batting lineups, gap of a few hundred runs. you aren't going to see many test match wickets like this one in Birmingham. total graveyard for batsmen, hardest I've seen for a test in England in years.

Give a toe-crushing yorker to Andu. Make it so he isn't able to walk for the next 3 weeks

lmao at Nasser Hussain

"they are 249/15 at the moment"

well said

I think Nottingham was a fair representation of the two sides' batting lineups, gap of a few hundred runs. you aren't going to see many test match wickets like this one in Birmingham. total graveyard for batsmen, hardest I've seen for a test in England in years.

Just wait till our mighty batting line up shows you guys how to bat on these surfaces. Wait and watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back