England v Pakistan | Second Test | Day 2 : Session 2 | Edgbaston | 07/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say if we are to bat all today then start the innings with TWO night watchmen ;)

seriously PCB needs to hire a fielding coach right away. have them at every domestic side in the country

so a 200 lead say. Pakistan need to score 320+ to have a realistic chance of winning

Only one way that is going to happen. Give Mohammad Yousuf a razor and send him in instead of Malik.

Ajmal catches off his own bowling, good thinking by him.

Didn't rate him as a test spinner but fair play to Ajmal, he's looked good this afternoon. Deserved 5 wicket haul.

England | 251 | 84.1 Overs | Lead by 179 runs

Saeed Ajmal got his fifth wicket.

:out

Ajmal gets his first 5fer in Test Cricket. Well done :ajmal

the main criteria to be int he team is you should go threw an intense fielding drill in slip cathing and normal catching. if you drop even one catch you should no the side regardless of how well yo u bat and bowl

Well done Mr IDONE.

Now Butt must be thinking why he caught it? now I have to go out for batting ( May be that's y all of these batsmen were dropping these sitters?)

We should really be only 100 runs behind...damn dropped catches

So Pakistan 179 behind. Unless a miracle happens with bat its an Inns defeat of a thrashing!

Didn't rate him as a test spinner but fair play to Ajmal, he's looked good this afternoon. Deserved 5 wicket haul.

He hasn;t had a fair chance to show what he can do at test level. He bamboozled every batsmen today, that proves he is capable of being a wicket taking test spinner.

Like AJmal b/c he is competitive cricketer...I thin if the fielders could have hold on to their catches..eng may have just 50 to 60 runs leed...

Fasten your seat belts ladies and gentleman, the real fun starts now!

Salman Butt tried his best to avoid batting today, but Ajmal had other ideas :ajmal

Shame on you Butt! Nawaz Sharif won't be happy with you!

England score should have been 150 instead they scored atleast 100 more because of our spectacular fielding

I think this could be Swann's time. he hasn't bowled in this series yet.

the PP administrators need to recommend my idea to the selection commity . the main criteria for selection should be fielding

Geoff Boycott on TMS: "I've just worked out that the catches Pakistan dropped cost them 129 runs - without that, they'd have had England out for 122 and they'd still be in the game."

Anderson was about review that decision of LBW, finally common sense prevailed that why should he waste his time batting when he can get ready to bowl and pick pakistani wickets ! great ball by aamer to dismiss anderson.

I hope butt and farhat bat aggressively rather than trying to play defensively.

Ajmal takes final wicket by catching it off his own bowling and picking up his first 5 wicket haul in tests ! good thing he did'nt trust any of the other fielders to catch it !

Atherton just said umar gul is ruled out of the series due to injury ...! that is terrible if true. Gul has bowled really well in the 3 tests , i hope recovers swiftly cause he's a top quality fast bowler and in his absence our workload will burden other bowlers.

Atherton saying that had 6 catches not been dropped then england would have been bowled out for 130 or 140.

Here we go again butt and farhat to start the 2nd innings, this is where the real tension begins !

Bright sunshine out now !

agggggh. nearly a great start. good review though, keeps the pressure up.

hawk eye says over but to the naked eye looked close! farhat needs to stop shuffling

Good start, one review done for England, they will thin twice before reviewing again. Farhat still on a pair.

These boys need to stop playing like a bunch of girls and take the attack to England. Farhat shouldn't be looking for another 30 balls zilch.

butt's face looks resigned to the fact that its over already.

Butt all over the shop. Broad needs to target the stumps and Salman needs to get his feet moving.

same story again ... phuss phuss.. tukk tukk approach by our batsmen.

Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity

bunch of losers the lot of them, take the attack to England.. i can guarantee we'll be less than 100 all out if we continue to play defensive like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back