England v Pakistan | Second Test | Day 2 : Session 2 | Edgbaston | 07/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
England | 8/249 | 79 Overs | Lead by 177 runs

Good over for Aamer.

I love Ajmal's mean stare...someone with a bowler's attitude at last...Asif has it too but he seems too innocent xD

I think Nottingham was a fair representation of the two sides' batting lineups, gap of a few hundred runs. you aren't going to see many test match wickets like this one in Birmingham. total graveyard for batsmen, hardest I've seen for a test in England in years.

If the weather had been hot and sunny, it wouldn't be a terrible pitch to bat on. You have to remember both sides have excellent bowling attacks.

Ajmals done well here.

I still wouldnt be shocked if we lose this game by an Inns with our crap batting!

this is probably the hardest test wicket to bat on seen in an English summer since 2006, unless I've forgotten a glaring one. in that match against Sri Lanka, and on this very ground, KP was the only batsman to succeed out of anyone in both innings with a brilliant 140. looks like he has made the difference again with a rubbish 80.

England | 8/250 | 80 Overs | Lead by 178 runs

1 off the over.

ajmal is looking like the best offspiner in the world. I think hes up there

If the weather had been hot and sunny, it wouldn't be a terrible pitch to bat on. You have to remember both sides have excellent bowling attacks.

both sides have quality bowlers, but trust me, even English test-match wickets are often batsman-friendly these days. this is a rough one.

Now this is the attacking field, and confident attitude we should play with every single day

both sides have quality bowlers, but trust me, even English test-match wickets are often batsman-friendly these days. this is a rough one.

Your right Edgbaston is usually a flat deck and has been for years but this isn't exactly a minfield. A good batting team facing average bowlers could still score 400+ with the sun out.

Aamer nearly sets Anderson up, Ajmal to finish this now.

I thought the game seemed quiet due to low crowd attendance...then I realised Kamran Akmal wasn't there lol..no joke here

Dropped AGAIN. This has gone from infuriating to depressing to hilarious and now gone all the way back to depressing again.

so a 200 lead say. Pakistan need to score 320+ to have a realistic chance of winning

If you're captain can't catch, what do you expect from the rest?

I say. Bring back Afridi. :yk

If you're captain can't catch, what do you expect from the rest?

I say. Bring back Afridi. :yk

Ajmal on a fourth or fifth day on this wicket would be unplayable, unfotunately it wont get that far.

England | 8/251 | 82 Overs | Lead by 179 runs

Another catch put down. Salman Butt has dropped an absolute sitter at mid-on.

How the BLOODY HELL SKIPPER salman butt drop simple catch ?! This bloody ridiculous and shameless catching

I actually don't mind that drop by Butt, because the more these guys bat, the less we do. And what is the point of batting for 30 min. when the wicket is doing something for everybody. We might end up being 10/3. So keep dropping fellas and start fresh tomorro.

How much extra runs did Pakistan conceed after all those dropped catches ?

England | 9/251 | 82.1 Overs | Lead by 179 runs

Finally a wicket for Aamer.

When these bowlers will learn? They have to either bowled or do LBW. Our bowlers sucks depends too much on others ( FIELDERS)

Butt really knows how to lead from the front!
Aamer finally gets another wicket!

Salman, Umar Akmal and Asif and Aamer :akhtar

I have to correct myself.

Now only Azhar Ali, Umar Akmal, Asif and Aamer haven't dropped any

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back