Hypothetical Test draft - 10 participants to pick their teams [Completed]

My next pick is the most sublime batsman for my lower-middle order - arguably the most artistic bat in the ATG Aussie team of the 2000s: Damien Martyn.

My next pick is the most sublime batsman for my lower-middle order - arguably the most artistic bat in the ATG Aussie team of the 2000s: Damien Martyn.

A 250 run partnership between Lara and Martyn would be a delight to watch.

Have another truly majestic pick coming up. Just waiting on [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] to make his picks now.

Kanhai a hell of a pick

I was going to invite the more active members of this draft
- [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION]
- [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]
[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] also will have a guaranteed spot due to the support he has given, if he wants to participate.

That should give us about 5, so then I will open the rest of the spots up
[MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

Just read messages. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION]

You can participate in the next draft

Just read messages. [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION]

You can participate in the next draft

Am in as well for the ODI draft! [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] you want to team up for it?

Am in as well for the ODI draft! [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] you want to team up for it?

Looking forward to your unpicked XI for this draft as well! No doubt some insane players still out there

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]/@last_knight that gives us 8. Two more in for ODI draft

I would like to participate in the ODI draft as well. Been an avid follower of the game since 1992.

ok that is 10

myself [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=555]mumtaz[/MENTION]
@jeeteshssaxene [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION]

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] previously expressed interest, so holding a spot open for him atm

ok that is 10

myself [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=555]mumtaz[/MENTION]
@jeeteshssaxene [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION] [MENTION=65183]freelance_cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=149506]andy0204[/MENTION]

[MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION] previously expressed interest, so holding a spot open for him atm

Cmon why can we not have eleven? Really wanted to be a part of this.

Have to put a limit to prevent dilution sorry. If Abdullah cannot take part you can be in. Their will be future drafts arranged

ok that is 10

Looking forward to it!

ok that is 10

I am definitely in :inti

We need to tweak the rules a bit this time to quicken it up.

Limit to 12 hours [MENTION=133760]Abdullah719[/MENTION]. People need to sleep.

We could also require to submit picks to a mod

Sorry limited to 10 to prevent dilution.

Future drafts will be held however

@AFM

Requiring is a great idea. Surely it is not too much effort to submit your top 2 picks 2 turns in advance

Yep [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION]. MenIng would likely be ok to do that, he has been very helpful through the process

Btw, what happened to this draft? No new picks in last few hours.

[MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION]

giphy-1-1.gif

8 hours should be enough imo. The person should message his pick to a mod before going to sleep or else risk getting skipped

Hell I’m online and even I’ve messaged my top 2 picks to Abdullah bhai

My bad everyone, had work all day

my 2 picks.

Ravichandran Ashwin

and

Mitchell Starc

and

So far...

2. Saeed Anwar
3. Steve Smith
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Virat Kohli
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Brendon McCullum
8. Ravichandran Ashwin
9. Pat Cummins
10. Mitchell Starc

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]'s pick is Michael Clarke.

[MENTION=134789]maddgenius[/MENTION]

Alan Keith Davidson being the 2nd best left arm pacer of all time and more than a handy batsman is really disappointed to get picked as 83rd pick in an ATG draft. His disappointment turns into depression when he sees the likes of Starc, Cummins and Johnson getting picked way ahead of him.

He has a message for ya'll

4G7HTk.gif

1- Len Hutton
2-
3- Rohan Kanhai
4- Allan Border
5- Andy Flower
6- Steve Waugh
7-
8- Richard Hadlee
9- Alan Davidson
10- Shane Warne
11- Dennis Lillee

Last edited:
Bhaijaan XI welcomes one of the greatest ever wicket keeper batsmen in the history of test cricket, the ever so classy Mr. Alec Stewart.

Apart from being an excellent and reliable wicket keeper, Alec Stewart was a respected batsman in the 1990s.

Wasim Akram put him at #6 in the list of the best batsmen he faced in an interview once.

He carried an aura when ever he came to bat. One of the most stylish batsmen ever.

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Barry Richards
3. Martin Crowe
4. Viv Richards
5. Clive Lloyd (c)
6. Alec Stewart (wk)
7. Kapil Dev
8. Ian Botham
11. Allan Donald

Starc, Clark, Stewart ; Thats 03 gone from our Unpicked-xi.
And 25 odd picks still remaining.

Alan Keith Davidson being the 2nd best left arm pacer of all time and more than a handy batsman is really disappointed to get picked as 83rd pick in an ATG draft. His disappointment turns into depression when he sees the likes of Starc, Cummins and Johnson getting picked way ahead of him.

He has a message for ya'll

4G7HTk.gif

1- Len Hutton
2-
3- Rohan Kanhai
4- Allan Border
5- Andy Flower
6- Steve Waugh
7-
8- Richard Hadlee
9- Alan Davidson
10- Shane Warne
11- Dennis Lillee

You finally took the revenge.
You stole my pick. I was afraid of therealab but never thought you would pick him

Bhaijaan XI welcomes one of the greatest ever wicket keeper batsmen in the history of test cricket, the ever so classy Mr. Alec Stewart.

Apart from being an excellent and reliable wicket keeper, Alec Stewart was a respected batsman in the 1990s.

Wasim Akram put him at #6 in the list of the best batsmen he faced in an interview once.

He carried an aura when ever he came to bat. One of the most stylish batsmen ever.

View attachment 100850

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Barry Richards
3. Martin Crowe
4. Viv Richards
5. Clive Lloyd (c)
6. Alec Stewart (wk)
7. Kapil Dev
8. Ian Botham
11. Allan Donald

The exclusive to of Bat grip revolutions in gloves. Can't remember anyone else doing it. May be Afridi on rare occasions.

Was going to be picking Davidson. Instead, I will pick a man who was just as good, Ray Lindwall to team up with his old mate Miller

Guys hurry up seriously I’ve waited over a day since I last picked
:rosco

Guys hurry up seriously I’ve waited over a day since I last picked
:rosco

You have a great team but I think Mohd Asif and Shoaib Akhtar will get your team out under 200 runs. ;)

Don’t go crazy on me, I’m just challenging your team 😁😁😁

[MENTION=151648]therealAB[/MENTION] can you go over your ODI list again and make sure everyone is an active poster

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]. Only active members from this draft were retained. I know Abdullah, Ab Fan, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] are active. Cannot be sure of the others. I am keeping a list of who is not active to ensure activity in future drafts

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]. Only active members from this draft were retained. I know Abdullah, Ab Fan, [MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] are active. Cannot be sure of the others. I am keeping a list of who is not active to ensure activity in future drafts

Don't worry Iam an active member,trust me in Odi draft.

Haha i was actually tempted to go for Myke and put Kapil - Botham - Proctor in there together just for fun :yk

They would have called me a mad man :akhtar

I was deliberating between Proctor and Davidson. In hindsight, should have picked Proctor as I can't get a better number 7 than him who could easily play as a bowler alone. Would have easily got a decent 4th pacer in the last round.. Now I will have to compromise a bit on the batting depth and play Hadlee at #7 with Davidson and Warne at #8 and #9.

Brothers anyone who won't be online for coming few hours please send your picks to a moderator

I think we can finish the draft within 12 hours

Proctor, Davidson, Lindwall are all bonafide ATG's. Great pick ups for this late

And I am an active lurker and a stuck at home professor. Have plenty of time on my hands to participate.

Back