India (205/5) comprehensively defeat Australia (181/7) by 24 runs to book their spot in the Semi-Finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The Australia-India match was always destined to be a fiery encounter, given the teams' history and the significance of November 19. However, following the dramatic events of June 22, the stakes have skyrocketed. The Super Eight group stage of the 2024 T20 World Cup has reached a thrilling juncture, with both teams facing high pressure. While neither team is staring at a must-win situation, Australia's defeat would leave them teetering on the edge.

India's net run rate provides a cushion, but they still risk missing out on a semi-final spot if they're not cautious. The Australia-India rivalry is always intense, and now the stakes are higher than ever. The only dampener could be the weather in St Lucia, which threatens to ruin the party. A washout would suit India, securing their semi-final berth, but Australia knows the value of those two points, having been burned by a single-point difference in a previous global tournament.

Squads:

India
Squad: Rohit Sharma(c), Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant(w), Suryakumar Yadav, Shivam Dube, Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Arshdeep Singh, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Sanju Samson, Mohammed Siraj, Yashasvi Jaiswal

Australia Squad: Travis Head, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh(c), Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade(w), Pat Cummins, Ashton Agar, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Josh Inglis, Cameron Green, Nathan Ellis

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning:

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Paras Mhambrey (India Assistant coach) pre-match Press Conference - 23rd June 2024

[Reporter:]

The bowling unit performed; it has been great. Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Chipping in wickets. Kuldeep Yadav has been superb in these West Indian wickets. So, how impressive are you about this bowling unit?

[Paras Mhambrey:]

Very excited. I am very happy to see the way we've gone about throughout the game, from the US leg till now. I think it's equally important that every individual performs. And I think that's what we got to see over the period, through all these games. Every individual got an opportunity. Every individual has done something or the other during the game. So, it's good to see. Going ahead, I think it's equally important that everyone contributes. So yeah, we're pretty happy with the way we've gone about all the games so far, including this one.

In a similar vein, and more so on the bowling side, would you subscribe to the idea that whoever has the best squad at this tournament of 15 is going to eventually win it?

I think it would be, I wouldn't say 15, I think you've got to go in every team when you build a side, it's always upon his strength. The team generally builds a side on strength, depending on what kind of surface you're going to play. Not every time you get an opportunity to build a great team, that's different nationwide and completely different. Teams will be different. But yeah, if you have an option, if you have the best option in terms of covering all your bases including spins. You can see out here the wickets get slower a little bit after the game especially have gotten a little slower. So having quality spinners does help. So, it's also quite helpful for us as well that these spinners both of them bat as well so you get a lot of balance to the team.

And on that point, Kuldeep is someone that you've been able to bring in a little bit later into the tournament, he's coming relatively fresh, what have you made to his start so far?

He's always been a class bowler, he's always done well for us, always won games for us initially as well. But unfortunately, because of the kind of wickets that we played in the US, he couldn't get an opportunity, couldn't get a run. But good to see that he's come out last two games, he's done well. This was fabulous. I think he really bowled well, used the conditions very well and yeah, good to see that he's got in the run.

The bowling has been doing exceptionally well, but is there a chance in one of the knockout games, all four spinners could play?

It all depends on what surface - I hope the surface won't be that spinner friendly I think going in yes three spinners, I think just add the balance but I'm not very sure all the other venues - in case, I'm saying I don't look like the surface is going to be that dry and going to turn so much but yeah if the surface is like that, there's a lot of wear and tear in the wicket yeah for a spinner if you think that's the best option you want to go and enter the game, you might as well go with it.

Just looking ahead to the game against Australia, their batting in particular has really been difficult to contain for a lot of sides. What kind of ways are you looking at trying to contain them? I guess especially looking at the two at the top of the order in Warner and Head.

We played them initially. Earlier also a lot of these guys have played against them. A lot of guys have played in the IPL. So, in terms of knowing of the game, what the approach is going to change has been similar in the past games that we played. I don't think it's going to change. I think it's all what we can do is really focus on implementation of our plans. And the bottom line is execution. I think if you're as close to execution, you will win every game. So, it's not about what the other opponent's going to do yet. We know what kind of approach they come with. That's the way they played in the past as well. But I think the focus purely should be on, that's what we will focus on in execution. And if we're as close to our plans, I'm pretty sure that we're going to cross the other side.

How much of the planning that you're doing, when you talk about those plans, at the moment with these grounds, how much is focused on the opponent themselves and how much is devoted to things like the crosswinds with the left- and right-hand combinations over and around the wicket, all that sort of thing?

Yeah, everything. As you said, you just rightly said, it's also important to consider the conditions. Obviously, breeze and the wind has been a factor in the last two games. So obviously, you plan certain ends. You will want any particular bowler - you've got to look at your best match-up and say which is the best end for the particular bowler. But it's not going to be possible every time. You still sometimes have to come and bowl from the difficult end, which Arsh did in the last game. Barbados was different when he bowled a difficult end. You've got to be able to do that. It's not only possible each and every time, but you need to consider the surface, the conditions while implementing your plans. And also, maybe look in the best matchups that you have in terms of left-right combination. Who would be your best option in the middle phase? Pretty much you know what's going to be your power play option, but also in the middle phase, what are the best bowling options? Sometimes you're going to go with the left arm spinner, sometimes you just want to stick with the seamer. That's what you feel. And it's also very important as from the captain's perspective, it's all about the gut feeling. You've got to be able to do that. You've got to be able to, what is your gut feel? And Rohit has been brilliant so far.

Is it something like, because obviously when you look from up above and you're watching down, it seems really obvious, like which of the no go - no - don't put it there, don't put it there, because you can just see everything. Have you spoken to the guys, like - does it sometimes seem harder for them actually out in the middle because the slightest misstep gets punished very severely here?

You're right – you're not going to be able to exhibit each and every delivery. That's going to be tough. I think even though that the crosswind, that certain areas you can hit go - in certain zones are hot zones out here. But generally, sometimes it's all about sometimes it doesn't swing so much. Sometimes a particular ball does swing more than what you expect. So just finding the middle ground of what you feel is what area you'll be able to hit, and generally kind of protect one side. And I think that's going to happen. I think each and every delivery as a bowler, you will not be able to execute. But as I said, if you can get as close to what we want, in terms of 80% - 85% of the balls that you bowl in the right areas, then I think that should be sufficient.

Talking about Shivam Dube's role, obviously he's been played as an all-rounder. And we know Hardik has been performing both with the bat and ball. But Shivam has got very few opportunities as far as bowling is concerned. Going into the Australia match, how do you see Shivam Dube’s role?

And one more thing, obviously yesterday we saw in the optional practice session both Virat and Rohit practiced for a long time. They were seen practicing long hits towards the end of the practice. And does it all go well now that they have got a start, they have showed some positive intent in today's game?

See first of all, we always knew that Shivam adds bowling, maybe one or two overs. It depends on the situation where and how we can use it. But as long as right now, currently, with three seamers doing their job with three spinners, it's difficult to get him over or so. But one thing that we're definitely doing is working in the nets, consistently working on the bowling. The conversations is going, still have those kind of conversation knowing that maybe in a game going ahead, one of the games he will play a critical role. Maybe only six balls, maybe only over, but that will be very important over for us. So, preparation is going on. I think he's in the right frame of mind. He's working on his bowling, so good to see that. But if the situation does arise, I'm sure he's prepared for it.

And talking about Virat and Rohit's form, the way they batted today?

I think Virat has been - in the last, we’ve seen from the IPL itself and Rohit from the World Cup. I think both of them in great form. I think every game there is a certain plan that you go in with. Sometimes some individual has to take a chance, the other has to play a defending role. So, I think that's going to happen out here, that's what is happening. Rohit is playing his natural game. But it's good to see that in this game especially, the intent that Virat has shown, I think that's good to see that, good to see that intent. And I think, performance - you'll have games like this, you'll get a 40-odd, 50-odd run, but I think the way he went about with the intent, that was good to see. That was good heartening. And I think that's the intent that we want as a batting unit as well. Something that we've been emphasizing on throughout the previous World Cup, this World Cup as well. I think if you not show the intent and it's good to see that intent on the ground today.

So what's the equation if it's a washout as predicted? AUS or AFG?

Australia going after a defeat so india would have an upper hand of winning this game... must be a good one!

Australia captain Mitchell Marsh termed their match against India a “must-win game” and asserted that the pressure would bring the best out of his players, he said:

“First things first, (we have to) recover. We have a lot of belief in our group. We are a very good cricket team. Yes, tonight we had an off night but I guess there’s also a positive in the fact that in 36 hours we go again. It’s a big game, it will be against India obviously and it’s a must-win game,”

“I think if you look back at the short history of this team, I know for a fact that it brings out the best in our guys, so the boys will certainly be up and about for it."

“We’ve got a good bunch of people and I believe our best is up there with the best. So, we need to bring that on whatever day it is, in a couple of days’ time and move forward pretty quickly.”

Mate, if Australia loses I will have a panic attack.
Even in 2022 Australia got eliminated by Afghanistan in a different way. Australia made 168 and had to limited Afghanistan to 106 or 116 to finish 2nd in the table on the basis of NRR. But Afghanistan made 164.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Accuweather, rain is expected to come down heavily in the city for almost the entire day (June 24). Showers are expected before the India vs Australia contest begins at 10:30 AM local time. The skies aren't expected to open up much after the match starts either, making the washout threat quite real.

The weather forecast paints a rather gloomy picture, with the chances of rain being incredibly high at 70% during the day. The India vs Australia contest isn't expected to be a full 40-over game by any means, with a reduced affair or a complete washout the most likely outcome. Even thunderstorm warning has already been issued for the day.

According to Accuweather, rain is expected to come down heavily in the city for almost the entire day (June 24). Showers are expected before the India vs Australia contest begins at 10:30 AM local time. The skies aren't expected to open up much after the match starts either, making the washout threat quite real.

The weather forecast paints a rather gloomy picture, with the chances of rain being incredibly high at 70% during the day. The India vs Australia contest isn't expected to be a full 40-over game by any means, with a reduced affair or a complete washout the most likely outcome. Even thunderstorm warning has already been issued for the day.
Will Qudrat ka Nizam(QKN) knock out AUstralia? :dw

AHHHHHH, Bangladesh better beat Afghanistan then.

I can't believe my precious team is getting knocked out via rain.

Your team has destroyed every other team and has won everything. Let others also win something :dw

These two teams are overly familiar each other. It will continue to be a battle of wits. Hope Australia fields like how they fielded against Afghanistan. Australia's fielding standard usually indicates whether they are going to win or not.

Don't blame rain. No one told them to lose against Afghanistan .

Typical pakistan wannabe australia fans attitude.

Better if India loses today's match, otherwise law of averages will catch them in the knockout stage

Don't blame rain. No one told them to lose against Afghanistan .

Typical pakistan wannabe australia fans attitude.
Am not blaming rain, Australia lost to Afghanistan fair and square.

Theirs nothing wrong with me supporting a team through thick and thin though

Better if India loses today's match, otherwise law of averages will catch them in the knockout stage
Nah we need to win the match so Australia can eliminated from semifinals.

They are different beast in semi or final .

I hope rain is stays away otherwise fans will blame for rain . :kp
A true Indian fan will want/desire the Indian team to win—not by rain, but by thoroughly beating the living daylight out of the Australian team. I can feel the passion and intensity of that desire. I am one of those who wish for that the happen.

I hope reality doesn't interfere tonight!

A true Indian fan will want/desire the Indian team to win—not by rain, but by thoroughly beating the living daylight out of the Australian team. I can feel the passion and intensity of that desire. I am one of those who wish for that the happen.

But reality and AUstralia always wins. :mv

Yes even india lose that's fine but Rain should stay away from the game .

India hasn't got to play with strong team so far ,so we need to see where is we are standing before Semifinals.

Yes even india lose that's fine but Rain should stay away from the game .

India hasn't got to play with strong team so far ,so we need to see where is we are standing before Semifinals.
Good to share similar vibes with a fellow poster. :afridi

We want to win fairly. We don't like Qudrat ka nizam. We want to win by our own efforts!

Andrew McDonald (Australia Coach) pre-match Press Conference - 23rd June 2024

How much discussion went into the decision to leave Mitchell Starc out? Obviously, it was a pitch where you needed Ashton Agar, a second spinner, but in terms of Mitchell given his pedigree in World Cups and all that sort of thing?

[Andrew McDonald:]

It's always a tough decision to leave Mitch Starc out of a team, but I think as you saw from the way the game unfolded, I think Ashton was suited to these conditions and we needed to make room. We knew that we were going to need more than eight overs to spin on that surface and it's probably something we've been planning and preparing for once we knew we were at this venue and we look at our squad of 15 and set it before the tournament. We're going to need options and flexibility, but it's always a difficult decision. You never know whether it's going to be right or wrong, but I thought Ashton bowled incredibly well today. Used his skill, some good arm balls, found some purchase early, and he made it tricky to navigate through those first few overs, and we got two out of the power play, which then set up, clearly, the bowling from that end with him and Zamps operating. Unfortunately, we weren't able to take those early wickets, had a couple of opportunities and no doubt we'll speak about the fielding.

Just on the fielding, the team usually sets very high standards. How disappointed were you with that? Is that probably the worst fielding effort you've seen while you've been coach?

I mean, we've had some bad fielding days. We're not immune from that as a team and tonight, yeah, we weren't at our best. I don't really want to talk too much around that because you've got to pay credit also to your opponent in these situations. I thought the platform that the openers laid to give them an opportunity to get above that 130-140 score, which we knew was considering that around par. And then we fought back well through the middle and the back end. I thought we were excellent at the back end. So, yeah, I mean, yeah, we're disappointed with the standards in the field. Is this group capable of more than that? 100% and we've seen that. So, we've got a short turnaround now, we've got to really shift our focus into that recovery mode. We've got a travel day tomorrow and then get ourselves sharp for India and it's going to be a huge game and we've been in this situation before, all too familiar.

It's been two games where you've had poor games in the field, right? Thinking back to the Scotland one as well. Skill, execute, is it an attitude thing or a skill thing? Just interested in what your early diagnosis might be?

I think it's never exact as to what contributes and they're all isolated incidences as well. So, I think people will talk about attitude and the boys are ready to go tonight. We didn't execute in the field and that can sometimes happen and we didn't quite execute with the bat as well, and there's moments with the ball. So, when you string all three phases of the game, can we find the 20-plus runs to narrow the gap and win the game? 100% we can. So yeah, yes, the fielding was disappointing, but there's other areas of the game that we need to tidy up and we weren't at our best. And I thought Afghanistan were pretty close to their best.

And no doubt Ash was a really good inclusion for this game. But could would you reframe that thinking around Starc versus Agar as to actually Starc versus Cummins and Hazelwood in hindsight?

Yeah, I mean, when you're hopping around the islands, the conditions change dramatically, and we got what we expected tonight. So, as I said, I was comfortable with that decision, and now we've got to turn our focus to India, a totally different lineup, a totally different surface, and we've got to make good decisions at the selection table. And that's part of the art of navigating through a World Cup is to get those decisions right. And, as I said, you can't play the same game twice. You can't put Mitch Starc in there or Nathan Ellis and work out what the game would have looked like. We went with Ashton, we backed him in and we've got full trust in whoever we call on that 15 to get a job done and yeah, we've got a task at hand.

Just on that, on focusing on the next game, Andrew, the fact that the turnaround is like, I mean, it's literally you're playing the game tomorrow. It's nearly 1am. So how do you make that adjustment? And it's not here, you have to get the flight, go there. Does it work to your advantage that it's such a short turnaround? Or do you have to work around it?

No, I mean, once the draw comes out, you're well aware of what you need to do and, in your planning, and preparation and that goes into it months before you get here and we feel like as I said we've made some good decisions in our planning and prep and coming in and yeah, we've got another challenge with a short turnaround every team's facing that, so yeah, it'll be recovery mode tonight and tomorrow. Give the boys a bit of space and yeah, we won't drill into it too much tonight. As you said, it's pretty early in the morning. So, getting that information in will happen in the morning of the Indian game. So, a bit of space. The boys know where we went wrong. They're an experienced group. But there's no doubt when we come back together the morning of the Indian game, we need to be at our best. And to be at our best, we need recovery. And if people don't recover in time, then clearly, we'll make decisions based around that. But so far so good, everyone's pulled up well.

And just you spoke about the format as well. I mean, you had a really good tournament so far and just the timing of what that bad game suddenly puts you in a position where you're in a must win scenario. Is that just tournament play? Like, I mean, can you just go from having a great tournament to suddenly be in that position, like mentally?

Yeah, and we're well aware that that can happen. You look at the other side of the draw, South Africa could lose one game and potentially be staring at an exit and it could be the same for us. It could be the same for Afghanistan could be the same for India. So, you know how tight it is when you get to the pointy end - There's no doubt net run rate there'll be plenty of discussions around hypothesizing around that, around what it looks like and we played the second last game and Bangladesh play Afghanistan the last game Is that an advantage and things like that, but ultimately, we're going to take care of what's in our control and that's India no doubt one of the tournament favourites. We'd like to think we're up there in the conversation but yeah, we're going to get to work in the next game and yeah, shift it pretty quickly.

And playing on a wicket that everyone seems to think is maybe the best in the tournament in St. Lucia. Obviously out there you guys have to change how you go about things and not saying you can't do that but is it a bit of an advantage to be playing in territory that you kind of know a little bit more of?

I'd like to think we can change it pretty quickly, it's the art of international cricket different surfaces - different challenges - different opponents in tournament play. But no doubt we've played one game there we've had a look at it we're familiar with it, we were there not long ago in I think it was a five-game series as well. So yeah, I'd like to think that whatever 11 we go with will be best suited to those conditions and against that opponent and that's the art of selection.

Andrew, I know you sort of knew the schedule a long way out and there's nothing you can do about it, but are you surprised at just how challenging your travel schedule seems to be compared to other teams, playing these late games, and having to play only one game in a location and then travel onwards when other teams have, yeah, certainly had a completely different schedule.

I haven't looked at what the other teams are doing to be perfectly honest, so I'm not aware of what their tournaments look like. We know from the start what we're in for. We've planned and prepared around that, and scheduling is always going to be a debate. It's a debate outside of World Cups. The tournament's definitely sped up, short turnarounds, becomes a little bit attritional, there's no doubt about that and we've just got to make good decisions around how our players pull up and it's no different to any other team. So, we'd like to think that we're planned, prepared, the players are physically prepared for the demands of it. So, I think you'll see a 15-player squad all available on the selection table. We're going to make a good decision today, I was going to say tomorrow, in terms of selection. So, we hopefully finalise our team before match day.

Australia is all about strategy. They will check the pitch. Read the conditions as accurately as possible. Pick the team. Decide what works on the pitch. Set the field accordingly. Execute the plan. They probably didn't devise any strategy for Afghanistan. For India i am sure they will have separate plan for separate guys. Only person they can't come up with plan is Pant.

Australia is all about strategy. They will check the pitch. Read the conditions as accurately as possible. Pick the team. Decide what works on the pitch. Set the field accordingly. Execute the plan. They probably didn't devise any strategy for Afghanistan. For India i am sure they will have separate plan for separate guys. Only person they can't come up with plan is Pant.
Australia will crumble and get knocked out in this match itself irrespective of what happens in the other game.

This time, the plan seems to be rather simple. Don't change the team no matter what.

Lol, no. This is a golden opportunity to knock the Aussies out.

We knock them out and out chances of winning the whole thing improve.

Ofcourse Starc is going to come in for Agar in this game.

I think the game will hinge around how India play 5th bowler Maxy+Stoinis overs and conversely if Aus can keep atleast one of their openers in long enough to face bulk of 8 ovs from left arm spin.

Indians will be up to there old tricks again wanting to face the chokers in the semis rather than red hot eng..

This India team of Kohli and Rohit crumbles at the first sight of pressure.

The match tonight is odd in the sense the pressure is on AUS not on IND. Aus handle pressure well but it's possible they might just fold without resistance tonight given India wouldn't be feeling similarly anxious.

Starc will destroy Rohit and Kohli might score a 20 ball 15 to lose India the match in first 5 overs.

Ofcourse Starc is going to come in for Agar in this game.

I think the game will hinge around how India play 5th bowler Maxy+Stoinis overs and conversely if Aus can keep atleast one of their openers in long enough to face bulk of 8 ovs from left arm spin.
Why was he benched against afg?

Ahead of the crucial match between India and Australia, let's take a look at the highest scores and highest successful chases at the stadium in this tournament

What are the highest scores at St. Lucia in 2024 T20 World Cup?

Highest ScoreByAgainst
218/5West IndiesAfghanistan
201/6Sri LankaNetherlands
186/5AustraliaScotland
181/2EnglandWest Indies
180/4West IndiesEngland

Out of the 5 matches played so far at the Darren Sammy cricket stadium, we have seen 2 successful chases

Highest Successful ChaseByAgainst
186/5AustraliaScotland
181/2EnglandWest Indies

We all know what happens when Australia play India in a "must win" match.
Yeeah, but this time, it is a must win for Australia, not for India. India panics when stakes are high for them, not when the other team requires a win. This time, India has the upper hand.

Indians will be up to there old tricks again wanting to face the chokers in the semis rather than red hot eng..
How is it for Indians fans to decide who tops the other table and who comes second. India did its part by topping its table.

Starc will destroy Rohit and Kohli might score a 20 ball 15 to lose India the match in first 5 overs.
wow... that is some personal hopes and dream that you are projecting ontu Starc.
Things like this happens when your own team is so dismal. Putting your dreams on Gora people, the desi way.

How is it for Indians fans to decide who tops the other table and who comes second. India did its part by topping its table.
Not talking about Indian fans.. teams do this stuff been happening for ages ie Josh Hazlewood before the Scotland game — we’re going to fix our net run rate to manipulate the group stage standings

I doubt we will have a game. The drainage in most of these grounds is downright pathetic.

SKY will be key against this attack. Has good numbers against all their bowlers.

Bumrah will be the key to shutting Warner down. He can play the others pretty well.

If the wind is blowing left to right at one end , India can risk Axar in the PP itself.

SKY will be key against this attack. Has good numbers against all their bowlers.

Bumrah will be the key to shutting Warner down. He can play the others pretty well.

If the wind is blowing left to right at one end , India can risk Axar in the PP itself.
Axar bowling against Warner and Head in PP? No way

England were made same mistake in group stages by bowling spinners in PP and they lost the match

Axar bowling against Warner and Head in PP? No way

England were made same mistake in group stages by bowling spinners in PP and they lost the match

England bowled 2 consecutive overs. When Moeen bowled , the breeze was towards Warner's offside and he controlled them.

The next over was a mistake as they took Jacks on with the wind on the legside.

Bowling Arshdeep upfront to Travis Head especially may, potentially, be a huge mistake.

Not talking about Indian fans.. teams do this stuff been happening for ages ie Josh Hazlewood before the Scotland game — we’re going to fix our net run rate to manipulate the group stage standings
Even then it makes no sense, Ideally India is expected to play their best irrespective of anything else.

In order to fulfill your theory, India would have to deliberately play bad to face Eng, while play at their best to play South Africa, which is what they are expected to do anyways.

Even then it makes no sense, Ideally India is expected to play their best irrespective of anything else.

In order to fulfill your theory, India would have to deliberately play bad to face Eng, while play at their best to play South Africa, which is what they are expected to do anyways.
Oh my bad, I thought England topped their group.

England bowled 2 consecutive overs. When Moeen bowled , the breeze was towards Warner's offside and he controlled them.

Bowling Arshdeep upfront to Travis Head especially may, potentially, be a huge mistake.
Arshdeep record against head is good .

And head has the problem facing left arm fast bowlers.

Arshdeep record against head is good .

And head has the problem facing left arm fast bowlers.
I don't know about head to head but in T20I's since Jan 2022 , Travis Head averages 50 and strikes at 190 against left arm pace.

I think we need to play Siraj ahead of Arshdeep, while Arshdeep can nail Yorkers but he has been very mediocre in his opening spells, could easily be carted by head and warner.

It's raining in St. Lucia right now

If the match gets washed out, India will qualify for the semifinal, and Afghanistan will have to win the last game against Bangladesh to seal the fourth semifinal berth. Australia will be knocked out if both happen.

wow... that is some personal hopes and dream that you are projecting ontu Starc.
Things like this happens when your own team is so dismal. Putting your dreams on Gora people, the desi way.
wow, that's some personal bias you are projecting ontu me.
Things like this happen when you are so obsessed with your neighbours that you assume someone's nationality like Haris bhai did. A very desi way indeed.

I think we need to play Siraj ahead of Arshdeep, while Arshdeep can nail Yorkers but he has been very mediocre in his opening spells, could easily be carted by head and warner.

His opening spell is the worry considering it's Travis Head opening. I still think he offers a bit more than Siraj . Just have to use him carefully .

The team that wins the PP wins the match considering it's a day game .

India need to win by good margin to eliminate Australia, otherwise they will beat us in finals.

India need to win by good margin to eliminate Australia, otherwise they will beat us in finals.

How are you assured India would make it to final?

If they face England in semi (which is very likely), they can get knocked out in semi. The game can go either way.

My fear is that we will beat australia but Somehow Bangladesh will beat Afghanistan so Australia will go through in Semifinals due to better NRR.

What do you mean by "somehow"? Are you saying BD have never beaten Afghans before? LOL.

BD have won 3 out of 5 against Afghanistan in the last 5 T20s. Also, BD have a 4-0 record against Afghanistan in World Cups.

My fear is that we will beat australia but Somehow Bangladesh will beat Afghanistan so Australia will go through in Semifinals due to better NRR.

Also, how are you assured India would make it to final? They are likely to face England in semi. They can get knocked out right there.

Back