India v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Jaipur | 18/11/07 | Ind Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Well, 307 to chase for India.

Pakistan without Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi.

What will happen?

im saying India win easily we cant win it with our bowlers we needed Akhtar to take early wickets and we aint got him.

India win by 7 wickets, with 5 overs to spare. Watch Tendulkar come out blazing now with no Shoaib.

20 overs needed from Malik and Fawad with a wet ball. How that period goes will decide the match.

Odds are heavily stacked against Pakistan. So i expect them to play with more intensity. India will take it easy and might screw up the match in the process. They play like professionals. But not like Aussie professionals. Often complacency gets the better of them.

No 6th bowler......
Malik and Fawad to bowl 20 overs....

India does have a chance!

Shiva comments on the "energy level" in Pak team!

Pakistan to win by 50+ runs...

It's amazing, we're the only team that doesn't feel confident after scoring 300 runs.

Have some faith in your team, people!

Cut behind square by Gambhir, half volley outside off stump, rightly punished for 4.

Pakistan looking sharp out there, I know its only been 2 overs BUT you can feel a general uplift in our players.

Runs on the board can do that. 8/0 after 2 overs.

Easa said:
Pakistan looking sharp out there, I know its only been 2 overs BUT you can feel a general uplift in our players.

Runs on the board can do that. 8/0 after 2 overs.
Yes but you can't help but think that why does it come now? Why not 3 ODIs ago?

Dhoni said in the toss that if India can get through the first 15 overs unscathed, the dew should guide them the rest of the way. Although it's hard to predict what will happen, I tend to agree.

Half chance dropped.

Gul with a beauty of a bouncer. First slip got a finger tip to it.

That was a quality bouncer by Gul, short and quick right at the throat. THIS is what we want to see Pakistan!

And another quick bouncer to Tendulkar, he's bowling quickly again.

Snorter from Gul - tough chance put down at slip.

Folows up witha nother beauty!

Keeper looks Ok so ar

Pitches on off stump just back off a length and moves away, Tendulkar completely beaten!

Oxy said:
Snorter from Gul - tough chance put down at slip.

Folows up witha nother beauty!

Keeper looks Ok so ar
Did you see the sorta-overthrow he fielded. Looked great!

The extra bit of pace seems to be troubling both the batsman. But all they have to do is negotiate these over. Pakistan's back up bowling is weak and India's batting line up is long.

Sohail strays down leg. Gambhir has no trouble. 4.

Gambhir flicks it over square leg but it was a poor ball, come on Tanvir, get your radar right..

14/0

OUT! Tanvir strikes, that was PLUMB!

Gambir departs!

MAn - I even like the way Sarfarz Ahmand appeals!!!

GAmbhir Gaun :)

And an absolute beauty to Uthappa first ball, come on Tanvir!

15/1 (4)

nice to see the PakPassion advert on ARY again

I am very impressed by Sarfraz..........he looks extremely confident!

Oxy said:
MAn - I even like the way Sarfarz Ahmand appeals!!!

GAmbhir Gaun :)

Wait till he starts giving nicknames to fileders ;-)

In Punjabi and they are not really nicknames for most...Gambhir and Afridi did that in the 3rd ODI

sarfraz looks like such a little kid!

Almost like he's too young to realize there's pressure.

Tendulkar rocks back a smashes through cover.

There wasn't that much width, he created it.

Cricinfo comments on Gambhir wicket:
Sohail Tanvir to Gambhir, OUT, Got him! very full, on the off, coming in with the arm, Gambir falls over his stumps and is late on the ball, beaten by the pace and the movement. He misses. The ball crashes into pad and the Pakistanis go up in appeal as one. There's little doubt about that and Suresh Shastri gives the decision in the bowler's favour.

I could watch that Sachin square drive all day - what a shot

Majestic shot through covers by Tendulkar.

Hi guys,
Sarfaraz looks good out there. Pakistan will win for sure. Yousuf(the great) and Malik were rock solid. Fawad was terrific- what a find.

Tendulkar looks like he's feeling it. Keen to see how our bowlers respond.

Early days - but Sarfraz Ahmad just 'glides' to the ball - and he doesnt snatch.

Technically, he a good 'un!

Lets hope he gets a chance or 2 coming his way - thats the real test

kashmiri said:
end of akmal?

To early to say.....we need him him to play a few more games to see what material he is made of!

Oxy said:
Early days - but Sarfraz Ahmad just 'glides' to the ball - and he doesnt snatch.

Technically, he a good 'un!

Lets hope he gets a chance or 2 coming his way - thats the real test
I think we've gotten used to Akmal. Anyone looks good at this point.

Another beauty from Tanveer.

Damn - Afrid was captain in my fantasy team. Half my team has been dropped today!

W63L35 said:
To early to say.....we need him him to play a few more games to see what material he is made of!
i remember akmal playing his first games, so much promise :(

Another beauty Tanvir! He's bowling well tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back