India vs England | 2nd Test, Day 5 | December 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalia

T20I Debutant
Runs
India lead by 288. 66 overs remaining in the day.
They should declare when around 50 overs are remaining, but then again I don't think it'll happen because India are trying to play safe

No India play aggressive cricket these days apparently, they will go for the win.

I think they will declare with 40 overs spare. How about you guys, what do you think?

whoa.. unbalanced flick from Yuvraj went for 6. Jamie anderson must be shocked lol

57.3 Anderson to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, great shot, poor ball on leg stump and flicked effortlessly over the leg side for six...that was a mere turn of the wrists, yet it flew into the stands. He has a great bat

may be the cricinfo guy shud try to do play the same stroke with the same bat and check out whether he gets the same result! a bat is only as good as the batsman who uses it!

7 men on the off side. KP definitely plays aggressive cricket. he wants to win this and square the series. way to go! :D

Rajan said:
7 men on the off side. KP definitely plays aggressive cricket. he wants to win this and square the series. way to go! :D

Yeah it is the brave vs the courageous today

last 10 overs 49 runs!
these 2 have doubled the score from 80 off 38 overs to 160 off 58 overs-in 20 overs.

at last KP turns to Flintoff.

What a shot lol he picked broad from outside the off stump and pulled him for a 6. What a shot. You gotta see that shot

Yuvraj hitting Broad again.
hope Broad Jr does not get nightmare of the 20-20 over.

60.4 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, and even more remarkable, he smashes a lofted drive high over the covers and Cook has no chance to get close to it. Quite deliberate, he aimed high and wide

That was as close to a tennis shot as you will see.
60.3 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, remarkable shot, a front-foot pull over long-on, it seemed to have little power but it carried all the way
Umpire Harper signals a four but is soon corrected. Broad shakes his head in bemusement.

Last edited:
72 off last 10 overs.
moving on.
one thing i am sure- if Yuvi is still batting till lunch, Dhoni will not declare.

Prior hurt.. i think with yuvis reverse sweep. Straight sweep would have broken his bone.

On come the medical men and Prior looks fairly groggy. Yuvraj looks decently concerned but no blame on him. Prior in some distress ... it hit him on collar bone and on the TV real-time replay you can hear the crack as it hit him.

62.2 Swann to Yuvraj Singh, no run, he goes for the switch hit, connects and cracks the ball into Prior's shoulder. technically a drop, although Prior happy not to be more seriously hurt and can claim, when the bruising goes down, to have saved four

Blame it on KP
Yuvi tried to return the favour- now Prior may be out for a week or 2.

as expected Dhoni did not declare even with a lead of 360 and odd with just 50 odd overs remaining. a good opportunity for Yuvi and Gambhir to score respective hundreds. let us see what happens. both are batting around 80 runs, Yuvi run a ball, Gambhir more than ouble the balls faced.
Flintoff starts off ..

Ya.. i think 50 overs will not be completed considering the poor light in the evening.

Hi IM!
india la irukkengalaa? USA la ya?
u seem to post around the clock!

What, are India trying to murder Test cricket? They should have declared ten overs ago.

They should have declared right after lunch. But i think they have more or less conceded it is difficult force a result from here on. Practically they will get 35 to 40 overs. Too short a period to force result. Weather really killed the Test.

67.5 Panesar to Yuvraj Singh, OUT, a conventional sweep this time, he sets off for the single and has to hurry to get back as Bell at short fine-leg makes an excellent pick-up and scores a direct hit. Pietersen standing no more than two yards from umpire Harper yells the appeal and we go to the third umpire. And he's gone, had it not hit then he would have been OK, it was that close, but Pietersen clearly delighted as Yuvraj troops off.
Yuvraj Singh run out 86 (93b 6x4 4x6) SR: 92.47

Idiotic. gambhir?

No.. Gambhir could not have possibly reached either. It was pick up and throw in one action.

Dhoni goes for a duck!

Gambhir 4th hundred in last 4 tests if he makes it here.
probably after Hazare, Gavaskar, Dravid, next indian to score 2 hundreds in same test.

Rajan said:
Yuvraj hitting Broad again.
hope Broad Jr does not get nightmare of the 20-20 over.

60.4 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, and even more remarkable, he smashes a lofted drive high over the covers and Cook has no chance to get close to it. Quite deliberate, he aimed high and wide

That was as close to a tennis shot as you will see.
60.3 Broad to Yuvraj Singh, SIX, remarkable shot, a front-foot pull over long-on, it seemed to have little power but it carried all the way
Umpire Harper signals a four but is soon corrected. Broad shakes his head in bemusement.

You ***s Yuvi off then watchoutt.........Top innings by Yuvvi all hail Yuvvi the man who looks like god when he plays the team full of winners :D..

Why is monty bowling around the wicket to Bhajji? He can barely spin it he should be coming over the wicket and trying for the lbw/bat pad.

Romali_rotti said:
You ***s Yuvi off then watchoutt.........Top innings by Yuvvi all hail Yuvvi the man who looks like god when he plays the team full of winners :D..

Is that sarcasm? Cause it has to be a dead pitch if Dravid can score a hundred on it

Sparhawk said:
Why is monty bowling around the wicket to Bhajji? He can barely spin it he should be coming over the wicket and trying for the lbw/bat pad.

Monty tried both over the wicket and round the wicket.. hasn't worked right through the series. Why couldn't he try diagonal.

Agh, personal milestones should never come in front of the team. Why India are not number one, the Aussies at their peak make every post a winner. India barring one innings this series have flattered to deceived especially at home.

India relies heavily on Gambhir and Sehwag. Middle order has to show some consistency.

IronMan2009 said:
Monty tried both over the wicket and round the wicket.. hasn't worked right through the series. Why couldn't he try diagonal.

Cmon It's bhajji, even monty should be able to get through him.

Magnificent catch. Gambhir misses his century by 3 runs, i love it :)))

Laxman sometime back mentioned about Gambhir as run machine of the team.
so true. when the 10k+ players were stuttering, he was so assured and confident.
he is determined to get Man of the series.

Jamal said:
Is that sarcasm? Cause it has to be a dead pitch if Dravid can score a hundred on it

Well Last time Flintoff pissed of Yuvvi it was raining 6's in Durban.... An injury free Yuvi has what it takes to take care of business on any wickets provided there is no decent spinner.....

IronMan2009 said:
They should have declared right after lunch. But i think they have more or less conceded it is difficult force a result from here on. Practically they will get 35 to 40 overs. Too short a period to force result. Weather really killed the Test.

I guess winning three Tests in a row was a bit too much to comprehend.

Very conservative declaration.

Declaration, lets see what Kevindher and his team full of losers oh whoops I meant winners can win it from here... It is a team full of winners, should be a cake walk :D...

Romali_rotti said:
Well Last time Flintoff pissed of Yuvvi it was raining 6's in Durban.... An injury free Yuvi has what it takes to take care of business on any wickets provided there is no decent spinner.....

This is what I mean. You pull out the six sixes innings as if it validates the YUVI as a champion. :)))
:inzi

Jamal said:
No, he just hasnt scored on a decent pitch in a million years

I'm very happy he scored a century.. i hope he stays in the team for another 2 years :younis

Sparhawk said:
I'm very happy he scored a century.. i hope he stays in the team for another 2 years :younis

Inshallah bhai, Inshallah. :moyo

Jamal said:
This is what I mean. You pull out the six sixes innings as if it validates the YUVI as a champion. :)))
:inzi

Nope, only stating the 'wicket' he played on wasnt flat...Come on dude with a picture like what you have on your avatar and how you worship him you dont have much credibility to talk about Indian fans talking bout Yuvi lol.... :))

Romali_rotti said:
Nope, only stating the 'wicket' he played on wasnt flat...Come on dude with a picture like what you have on your avatar and how you worship him you dont have much credibility to talk about Indian fans talking bout Yuvi lol.... :))

I dont love Afridi for the way he plays. He's just an indominable Beast. :afridi
Still, I accept your reasoning:D, truce friend. :asif

Can they call it off with 20 overs left? Or does it have to be 10?

Jamal said:
Can they call it off with 20 overs left? Or does it have to be 10?

I think they can call it anytime as long as the captains agree. But usually around 15 over mark they call it off.

I think bowlers may have provided the input about the pitch. When the sun is out pitch behaves flat zak has apparently told this to Ravi.

Such a shame it is only a 2 Test series. Whoever responsible for this schedule should be jailed in guantanamo bay.

IronMan2009 said:
Such a shame it is only a 2 Test series. Whoever responsible for this schedule should be jailed in guantanamo bay.

Blame your own board the BCCI, who wanted 7 ODI's.

diondublin said:
Blame your own board the BCCI, who wanted 7 ODI's.

Ya.. for money. Never a fan of these 7 match ODI series. But India and England keep playing it. Atleast when India toured England they had 4 Tests 7 ODis.

IronMan2009 said:
Ya.. for money. Never a fan of these 7 match ODI series. But India and England keep playing it. Atleast when India toured England they had 4 Tests 7 ODis.

It's a shame, because this is one of the few test series with a lot of interest, two test series really prove nothing, the recent WI/NZ series was a non event. And NZ play India next in another two test series.

And as I write England loose a wicket, if I was an Indian supporter I'd be frustrated with Dhoni's approach here, India are still not ruthless enough.

Bell got a lucky decision i think. Seems to be edge down the leg. Not given. Can't blame the umpire as bat and pad were close. Ishanth didn't appeal. lol serves him right.

I think England have done better than the Aussies by 10-20% in India. But even then the English have been really poor in India. Their fast bowlers have looked extremely clueless for most part. Panesar has been a dissapointment for a while now. Swan has done a decent job.

Their batting is the main worry. I think England vs Australia is going to be really exciting. Both teams are evenly matched now unless the Aussies chicken out by begging Warne to come out of retirement and to baby sit Ponting and the rest of the Aussie bowling unit.

IronMan2009 said:

No, Obama's closing Guantanamo Bay soon. I'd want them put away for much longer than that!

A real shame that Gambhir missed out on a well deserved hundred, he'd worked so hard to ensure there would be very little chance of a result in the game, to get out just 3 short would've been a major blow for him and Indian cricket.

England will have to suffer a collapse similar to that at Lahore in 2005 if they are to leave India whitewashed in both ODI's and tests, can they do it?

Muhammad said:
A real shame that Gambhir missed out on a well deserved hundred, he'd worked so hard to ensure there would be very little chance of a result in the game

:)) Quality

Savak said:
I think England have done better than the Aussies by 10-20% in India. But even then the English have been really poor in India. Their fast bowlers have looked extremely clueless for most part. Panesar has been a dissapointment for a while now. Swan has done a decent job.

Their batting is the main worry. I think England vs Australia is going to be really exciting. Both teams are evenly matched now unless the Aussies chicken out by begging Warne to come out of retirement and to baby sit Ponting and the rest of the Aussie bowling unit.

I've been fairly happy with the way England have played in this series. Given the preparation (or lack of it), I'm encouraged by the fact that India have had to play so well to beat us. I don't agree that we've been "really poor."

There's plenty of room for improvement, yes, but compared with how we played in Sri Lanka and New Zealand last winter, this was a big step forward. Who knows, if Sidebottom had been fit to play, we might even have been able to walk away with something.

Aside from today this has been gripping stuff, and I'm sure that most cricket fans of whatever nationality who've been following these games are feeling a bit cheated that there were only two Tests. Two Tests does not constitute a series in my book.

Gambhir despite being in prime form is not going to get any cricket for next 3 months.He already missed out a Test this year after he was banned for one test.

only a few mins left till the captains shake hands and put everyone out of their misery.

Bell getting some useful time in the middle, Radio 5 live commentators were talking about replacing him with Michael Vaughan for the tour to WI.

Looks like a draw.

Its a disgrace Owais Shah has been picked in this series to play.

Dhoni must have heard me, decides to bowl the last over with Laxman keeping to provide some entertainment. Match drawn, Englands finish on 68-1.

Zaheer Khan named man of series for 8 wkt at 21 over Ghambir who scored 361 runs at an average of 90.
Ghambir MoM

Peter Moores has made some of the greatest excuses for losing 6-0 that you will ever hear!!!

Describing Bell as a 'youngster 'learning the game' etc etc!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back