IPL 1st Semi-Final | Rajasthan v Delhi | 30/5/08

Indiagem said:
Why did they promote a slogger like Tanvir in this crucial match?

Hardly a slogger! Did u not see the cover-drive. Of sorry u are an indian, only IKP is an 'all-rounder' for you

Indiagem said:
Why did they promote a slogger like Tanvir in this crucial match?

with 1 wicket down and batting to come, it was a good descision. But they lost 2 more quickly.

Its a good batting track, and only maharoof seems to get good bounce from this track

cant understand why warne didnt send in Y Pathan
oh well, good for DD the longer he sits on that bench

Watson looks hungry for the win, i hope he doesn't give it away.

Vegitto1 said:
Hardly a slogger! Did u not see the cover-drive. Of sorry u are an indian, only IKP is an 'all-rounder' for you
I guess IKP would not have lost his wicket with a ossified brain fart.

lollol said:
Its a good batting track, and only maharoof seems to get good bounce from this track

this guy is special i think.. he isnt as extroverted like Salinga, Akhtar etc.. but he is perfect build.. tall and beeffed up

slowly becoming one of my fav SL players

Rajastan are going good, they only need to keep their wickets.

And in the final 5 overs, unleash the pathan :p

Does asif want to prove he is fit for the tri-series? He might impress the selectors, but me he wont...

He claimed it - then pleaded ignorance.

Correctly - NOT OUT!

Then gets a wkt next ball....its all happening at....wherever they are playing!

128-4

Lol Kaif bowled like a dunce.

That will hurt RR a bit, they wanna get 190 and then watch Sohail "danger" Tanvir :batman: work his magic.

Yusuf Pathan is the new batsman. If he and Watson fire in tandem then Delhi better brace themselves for a massive target.

firworks or calm test cricket to come now?

Yooosaf, get outa here you big elephant!!! Save your beastly act for Indian team not NOWWW

SameerM said:
Yusuf Pathan is the new batsman. If he and Watson fire in tandem then Delhi better brace themselves for a massive target.

firworks or calm test cricket to come now?
that big beast doesnt know what test cricket is :po: :D

i might as well enjoy the prospect of India finding a real hot head hitter for ODI

16.4 Maharoof to Pathan, SIX, that's a beastly hit! The length is a bit short from Maharoof, Yusuf gets on to the front foot and launches the ball into the stands at deep midwicket with a fearsome hit, watch out in the crowd, they need the hard hats that were in supply during the World Twenty20 in South Africa

I knew it .. cricinfo guys have been lurking on PP :16: :16:

So they get 192.

Delhi can make it easily. They have the batting and its a very good batting track

Rajasthan will be happy with that.

Rajasthan will win, DD will succumb to the pressure me thinks

193 to get for DD
not going to be easy
rameez and arun are unbelievable. according to them 200 would have been hard but 193 is gettable!

for the first time in the series the final over turned out good for Delhi :) :))

Pressure? This pitch was heaven for batting.

No bowler really got something from the pitch, except maharoof. I dnno what he did, but really got bounce from the pitch. I think its achievable by delhi

lollol said:
Pressure? This pitch was heaven for batting.

No bowler really got something from the pitch, except maharoof. I dnno what he did, but really got bounce from the pitch. I think its achievable by delhi

My friend, i dont remember saying that the pitch will have anything to do with the chase, it is a semi-final after all:)

Pressure, especially in regards to Gambhir who's been in magnificent form throughout the IPL, the pressure will be on him to deliver when it matters and not waste the good work done by him in the initial stages...

Last edited:
No one complemented Asif's final over?

Seems like he has learned a lot from the IPL. I saw him bowling yorkers today. Great two full deliveries and a bouncer to get the wicket. Only 4 off the over and keeps them under 200,

And he was the cheapest!

Yusuf Pathan continues his progress as a batsmen...fast improvement from a pinch hitter back in T20 final to now.The straight drive to Mcgrath was what impressed me the most.Although this is 20-20 he can be genuine finisher for India..clean hitting and no slogging.awesome!!

Plasma said:
No one complemented Asif's final over?

Seems like he has learned a lot from the IPL. I saw him bowling yorkers today. Great two full deliveries and a bouncer to get the wicket. Only 4 off the over and keeps them under 200,

And he was the cheapest!
see post #115 :19:

Sehwag Gone!!!!!!!!

Watto Gets The Wicket, Caught By Non Other Then Tanno!!!!!!!!!

10/1

RR well ahead now, both watson and tanvir have their tails up and the DD batsmen are like sitting ducks!!

Sparhawk said:
RR well ahead now, both watson and tanvir have their tails up and the DD batsmen are like sitting ducks!!
we are daredevils not dareducks :p
Delhi will win this easily

Sehwag and Gambhir: Ugliest opening combination in the history of cricket? I've seen roadkill that was more visually pleasant than the mugs on these two.

Gambhir swinging like a ballerina, completely missed the ball. Nothing impressive from him so far.

gambhir gets something from the over with a 4 from the last ball of the over

18/1 after 3

Milroastnescafe said:
Sehwag and Gambhir: Ugliest opening combination in the history of cricket? I've seen roadkill that was more visually pleasant than the mugs on these two.
:))) :)))

GG gone now...what a catch by kohli.Our fielding seems to have a bright bright future.

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
My friend, i dont remember saying that the pitch will have anything to do with the chase, it is a semi-final after all:)

Pressure, especially in regards to Gambhir who's been in magnificent form throughout the IPL, the pressure will be on him to deliver when it matters and not waste the good work done by him in the initial stages...

All down the drain!:)):))

The required run-rate is now over 11. I'll stick my neck out and say Rajasthan have three toes in the semi-final.

I'd say 1 foot in the final now!!:D

Back