6 Liverpool (H)
13 Bournemouth (A)
20 Newcastle United (H)
27 Burnley (H)

MAY

4 Crystal Palace (A)
11 Arsenal (H)
19 Brighton (A)

United have done good transfer business and if they add Amrabaat and another defender to squad there should be an expectation that they should be in a title race.

United have done good transfer business and if they add Amrabaat and another defender to squad there should be an expectation that they should be in a title race.
We lack a proven goal scorer. We have signed Hojlund but he is largely unproven. He may hit the ground running straight away but that isn’t guaranteed.

We lack a proven goal scorer. We have signed Hojlund but he is largely unproven. He may *** the ground running straight away but that isn’t guaranteed.
I'm sure he will get some goals, and rest of your forwards will as well.

The fact your midfield will be even more solid means you should pick up more points. Espcially away from home where you were atrocious last season.

Yes you needed a world class striker but with no takeover yet, you can't go out and do that.

Rasmus Hojlund: Atalanta striker completes medical ahead of £72m Manchester United move​

Rasmus Hojlund has completed his medical with Manchester United ahead of a £72m move from Atalanta, and will be unveiled during their friendly with Lens on Saturday.

The Atalanta striker is expected to sign a five-year contract with the option of a further 12 months.

The deal for Hojlund is worth an initial £64m, plus £8m in performance-related add-ons. Atalanta went into negotiations wanting £77m guaranteed.

A formal announcement of his signing could come this weekend, with a chance the 20-year-old may be presented during their friendly against Lens.

United also face Athletic Bilbao on Sunday - which may give him enough time to feature in their final pre-season game.

As previously reported by Sky Sports News, the forward's destination of choice has been Old Trafford, so there was no concern over PSG's interest in the Denmark international.

The Premier League side were handed a boost on Saturday when Atalanta signed Almeria forward El Bilal Toure, while Hojlund was left out of the squad that played Bournemouth in a pre-season friendly.

United's incoming business is now largely done, and any more arrivals are likely to depend on departures.

There is interest in the likes of Harry Maguire, Scott McTominay, Fred and Donny van de Beek.

If there are exits, United are understood to be ready to go into the market to replace them.

Strong interest remains in Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat.

Rasmus Hojlund: Manchester United complete £72m signing from Atalanta​

Last updated on3 hours ago3 hours ago.From the sectionMan Utd1177

Rasmus Hojlund signs for Manchester United

Manchester United have completed the £72m signing of Denmark striker Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta.

The 20-year-old, who joined the Serie A side in 2022 and scored 10 goals in 34 appearances last season, moves to Old Trafford on a five-year deal.

"It is no secret I have been a fan of this great club since I was a small boy," Hojlund said.

"I dreamed of walking out at Old Trafford as a Manchester United player."

He is United manager Erik ten Hag's third summer signing after Mason Mount joined from Chelsea for £55m and Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana arrived for £47.2m.

I am highly concerned about our goal scoring capabilities.

I consider Hojlund to be an immense talent, although I'm uncertain if he'll manage to achieve more than 25 goals in the upcoming season.

Rashford seems capable of reaching a minimum of 20 goals this year.

It appears essential to sell Martial as he is made of glass.

As for the remaining squad members such as Fernandes (may get more than 10) Mount, Antony, Sancho, and Garnacho, it's plausible that they could each net a minimum of 10 goals, although a range of 5-10 goals seems more probable, which might not be sufficient.

Do feel Mount might be the ex factor if we end up signing Amrabat which would give him the license to move higher up the pitch.

United should have no problems dispatching wolves 1st game of season. Wolves are getting relegated this season. They are a mess and have let go some of their best players and owners aren't willing to invest now.

I am highly concerned about our goal scoring capabilities.

I consider Hojlund to be an immense talent, although I'm uncertain if he'll manage to achieve more than 25 goals in the upcoming season.

Rashford seems capable of reaching a minimum of 20 goals this year.

It appears essential to sell Martial as he is made of glass.

As for the remaining squad members such as Fernandes (may get more than 10) Mount, Antony, Sancho, and Garnacho, it's plausible that they could each net a minimum of 10 goals, although a range of 5-10 goals seems more probable, which might not be sufficient.

Do feel Mount might be the ex factor if we end up signing Amrabat which would give him the license to move higher up the pitch.
I think we will struggle to score goals again. Last season, Rashford had a purple patch for a couple of months after the world cup where he scored loads of goals, but generally speaking, he has been inconsistent.

I don’t expect any of Sancho, Antony and Martial to hit double figures. Granacho is too young and Hojlund has yet to really prove himself, as he didn’t really light the world on fire at Atlanta.

I am extreme annoyed that we didn’t go in for Kane. Under Sir Alex, we would have signed Kane without a shadow of a doubt.

I think we will struggle to score goals again. Last season, Rashford had a purple patch for a couple of months after the world cup where he scored loads of goals, but generally speaking, he has been inconsistent.

I don’t expect any of Sancho, Antony and Martial to hit double figures. Granacho is too young and Hojlund has yet to really prove himself, as he didn’t really light the world on fire at Atlanta.

I am extreme annoyed that we didn’t go in for Kane. Under Sir Alex, we would have signed Kane without a shadow of a doubt.
Agreed. Rashford would still be central to all the goals scored. He's the only one right now to get on the upside of 20 goals this season. Bruno, Antony(if he gets going) will likely chip in.

If Sancho can reinvent himself and plays that supporting striker role or a false 9 then I see him getting on the scoring sheet too.

Mount and Casemiro will chip along nicely throughout the season.

Garnacho will be fun to watch after getting all that first team experience from last season.

Manchester United are hoping to reunite Benjamin Pavard, 27, with former France team-mate and Red Devils centre-back Raphael Varane, 30, by making a 30m euros (£25.8m) bid for the Bayern Munich defender. (L'Equipe)

Manchester United are also keen to bring in Fiorentina's Sofyan Amrabat, with the 26-year-old Moroccan available for £30m. (Mail)

Manchester United midfielder Fred has completed a move to Turkish side Fenerbahce.

The Brazil international, who joined United from Shakhtar Donetsk for £47m in 2018, called his time at Old Trafford "a true dream".

"Today ends one of the most beautiful stages of my career," the 30-year-old said on social media.

It is understood United will receive 10m euros (£8.62m), with an additional 5m euros (£4.31m) in potential add-ons.

"I lived the dream of wearing the shirt of one of the biggest clubs in the world," added Fred.

"Going through ups and downs, I leave with the conviction that I always gave my best during all training sessions and games.

"It was five years of a true dream for me and my family. I will be forever grateful for the opportunity. Forever a Red!"

Fred was told that he is unlikely to play a significant role in United manager Erik ten Hag's squad this season.

Fenerbahce's Istanbul rivals Galatasaray and Premier League side Fulham were among other clubs to have expressed an interest in the player.

Fred's contract at Old Trafford had been scheduled to expire next summer.

Harry Maguire: Erik ten Hag says defender must prove he is top class or leave Man Utd​

Erik ten Hag says Harry Maguire would be better off leaving Manchester United if he is not confident enough to battle for a first-team spot.

The United boss is adamant he thinks Maguire can be an important part of his plans.
However, after Ten Hag took the captaincy off the 30-year-old, United then accepted a £30m bid from West Ham for him.

"He has the ability to be a top-class centre-back," said Ten Hag.

"He is the best for England so why shouldn't he be the best for us?

"But he has to prove it. When he is not confident enough to fight then he has to go, then he has to make a decision. But I'm happy with him."

Benjamin Pavard will "fight as hard as possible" for move to Manchester United from Bayern Munich, but the clubs are far apart in their valuations.

That was awful from United tonight.

Lucky 3 points to start the season.

What an awful performance. We were so lucky to win. Wolves should have scored 3 goals, if they were more clinical. And they were denied a stonewall penalty in the end.

I must admit that I am not too pleased with Ten Hag's style of play. I thought he would have us playing some possession based football, similar to Pep's Man City or De Zarbi's Brighton, but he wants us to play more in transition. That is why he has signed players like Mount, who is essentially a hard working merchant.

Anyway, I don't care what the style of play is, if we win trophies, but if we don't, then I will start to question the manager.

Wolves wasted their big chances in front of goal, which is a classic issue for them and apparently still not rectified. They looked good under O’Neill in most parts of the pitch though. And surely a penalty at the end?

Wow, United are woeful. They won't be anywhere near a title race playing like this.

Ten Hag has been there for over a year, with 2 full pre-seasons and nearly £400m spent, and still has not imprinted any discernible philosophy on the pitch. He's relying on counter attacking and individual brilliance to keep him in a job, just like Ole did.

And today he relied on VAR, because Onana gave away a ridiculously stonewall penalty that GMP should be investigating :ROFLMAO:

West Ham are considering pulling out of a deal for Manchester United centre-back Harry Maguire, 30, because of the amount of time it is taking to complete. (Telegraph)

Surprise surprise only took 1 game into united season and VAR missed a blatant penalty. With Howard Webb in charge of referees its no shock. Disgraceful

Wow, United are woeful. They won't be anywhere near a title race playing like this.

Ten Hag has been there for over a year, with 2 full pre-seasons and nearly £400m spent, and still has not imprinted any discernible philosophy on the pitch. He's relying on counter attacking and individual brilliance to keep him in a job, just like Ole did.

And today he relied on VAR, because Onana gave away a ridiculously stonewall penalty that GMP should be investigating :ROFLMAO:

VAR room Monday night

FB_IMG_1692081800815.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1692081800815.jpg
    FB_IMG_1692081800815.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1
So WWE closelines are allowed by United players this season

FB_IMG_1692082781439.jpg

Onana match highlights from his united debut

200w.gif

Man Utd-Wolves officials dropped from next weekend after their sackable mistake last night. Surely this should be investigated further? Absolutely surreal refereeing.

Man Utd-Wolves officials dropped from next weekend after their sackable mistake last night. Surely this should be investigated further? Absolutely surreal refereeing.
I agree. A 12 year old school playground ref would have given that as a penalty.

There maybe something more as all the officials being dropped could mean something more sinister.

Nothing will happen and no accountability. Refs mess up, they apologise, get a "week off" as punishment. One club loses vital points.

Happened all last season as well. Corruption at its finest.

I agree. A 12 year old school playground ref would have given that as a penalty.

There maybe something more as all the officials being dropped could mean something more sinister.
Plain and simple Refs we're going to give anything to wolves once united went 1-0 up. The fact they didn't even review it in VAR room shows corruption

Plain and simple Refs we're going to give anything to wolves once united went 1-0 up. The fact they didn't even review it in VAR room shows corruption

Howard Webb and his band of merry men were seen enjoying life in Utd hospitality.

Refs should never be anywhere near free food or close to any clubs in such a way. Foul play seems clear in this case.

Howard Webb and his band of merry men were seen enjoying life in Utd hospitality.

Refs should never be anywhere near free food or close to any clubs in such a way. Foul play seems clear in this case.
Howard Webb is a former player and fergies wife to be fair 🤭😂

United had their chances to take something from this game, but in the end they can have no complaints as they finished looking laboured and well beaten in the face of Spurs' desire and determination to play on the front foot.

This was particularly true in midfield where Casemiro creaked, Mason Mount never made any sort of meaningful contribution and captain Fernandes, despite an outrageous rabona cross for Marcus Rashford in the first half, was only memorable for a dreadful headed miss and - almost inevitably - talking himself into a yellow card for dissent.

New goalkeeper Andre Onana showed the outstanding distribution that was part of his attraction for manager Ten Hag, but once Spurs established a stranglehold, United were powerless to change the emphasis of this game.

Rashford toiled in attack while Antony was his usual mixed bag and Alejandro Garnacho was peripheral.

If United take anything from this game, it is that they cannot get their biggest summer signing, £72m Danish striker Rasmus Hojlund, fit fast enough because they need a spark after a stodgy start to the season, this defeat following a fortunate win against Wolverhampton Wanderers

All over the place especially at the back.

Very disjointed in both matches so far this season.

All over the place especially at the back.

Very disjointed in both matches so far this season.
Bigger issue is lack of cohesion In midfield and how easy they are to play through.

Manchester United are considering a move for Paris St-Germain's Italy midfielder Marco Verratti, 30, but face competition from Saudi side Al-Ahli and German champions Bayern Munich.

Two very poor performances so far. Got away with it in the first game amidst the stench of Premier League corruption, but were left with nowhere to hide in the second game. Bruno Fernandes is a sore and petty cheat, a terrible choice to be setting the example as club captain. Question, is Ten Hag really that good?

Unless the Danish guy is top notch, this United team looks pretty poor. No pace, very little creativity and even less cohesion.

Ten Hag is on fraud watch for me. He is putting his faith in useless and overrated players like Shaw, Rashford, Fernandes, just like his predecessors.

Ten Hag is on fraud watch for me. He is putting his faith in useless and overrated players like Shaw, Rashford, Fernandes, just like his predecessors.
Unless glaziers sell up, you ain't going to have enough money to really improve squad

Unless glaziers sell up, you ain't going to have enough money to really improve squad
Spending money is always the solution. Look at Chelsea and the £900mn. United brought Mount, and in most games you would hard pressed to remember that he is actually playing. In time he may score goals but Fernández already has that role of a guy who is the MF player that scores goals. United should have paid whatever it took to get Kane but they didn't

No plan, no direction.

Manchester United are considering a move for Paris St-Germain's Italy midfielder Marco Verratti, 30, but face competition from Saudi side Al-Ahli and Bayern Munich. (L'Equipe via Mirror)

Manchester United are exploring a deal for Benfica's 29-year-old Greece goalkeeper Odysseas Vlachodimos. (Mail)

No plan, no direction.
He has a plan and direction. He is trying to make this quick transition football from back to front. But if you are trying to play that style of play, you need to make sure that you have attacking players that can score goals. The only player who is capable of scoring goals for Man United is Rashford, and he is inconsistent as hell. The rest of attacking players, Sancho, Antony, Garnancho, Martial are all useless and you can't rely on these guys to even score 10 goals in a season in all competition. We simply don't have the type of players to play the brand of football that Ten Hag wants us to play.

I must confess that Ten Hag sold me a dream. I was expecting him to play good possession based football, considering he came from Ajax. But he has been a complete disappointment in terms of style of play. I must confess that my faith in him is slowing waning with each match. I don't want him sacked or anything, at least not now, but he needs to improve our play in possession and stop putting his trust in useless and overrated players like Rashford, Antony, Fernandes, Shaw.

I respectfully disagree.

Glazers are a problem, but then being in charge hasn't stopped us from spending money on players. We just haven't spent money wisely. Spending £90 million on a fidget spinner Antony and spending £60 million on the "next Frank Lampard" isn't on Glazaers. That is clearly on Ten Hag, and he needs to take criticism for those signings. He also needs to hold the L for making Fernandes the captain.

He has a plan and direction. He is trying to make this quick transition football from back to front. But if you are trying to play that style of play, you need to make sure that you have attacking players that can score goals. The only player who is capable of scoring goals for Man United is Rashford, and he is inconsistent as hell. The rest of attacking players, Sancho, Antony, Garnancho, Martial are all useless and you can't rely on these guys to even score 10 goals in a season in all competition. We simply don't have the type of players to play the brand of football that Ten Hag wants us to play.

I must confess that Ten Hag sold me a dream. I was expecting him to play good possession based football, considering he came from Ajax. But he has been a complete disappointment in terms of style of play. I must confess that my faith in him is slowing waning with each match. I don't want him sacked or anything, at least not now, but he needs to improve our play in possession and stop putting his trust in useless and overrated players like Rashford, Antony, Fernandes, Shaw.
Make Man United play*

Manchester United midfielder Mason Mount is set to miss the club's next two Premier league matches with injury.

The Red Devils said Mount is expected to be out until after the international break because of a "small complaint" sustained in last weekend's 2-0 defeat by Tottenham.
Mount joined United from Chelsea in June in a deal worth an initial £55m.

Erik ten Hag's side will host Nottingham Forest on Saturday before travelling to Arsenal on 3 September.

England international Mount, 24, is also a doubt for the Euro 2024 qualifier against Ukraine on 9 September.

Glad useless Mount is out for the next two games. We might actually play well now.

Qatar to complete Manchester United takeover
According to The Sun report, “a date is pencilled in and an announcement could come as early as next month”.

The Qatar investment team are completing due diligence and ironing out details ahead of an expected October completion date.

Ten Hag has spent shed loads already.
Does any other club have as many 50Million + signings as Man united do in their squad? yet its always on the owners. ( apart from Chelsea of course) Ten Hags Talent ID is poor!!

Mount could be sidelined for six weeks | How does it affect McTominay?

Mason Mount's injury is now expected to keep him out for up to six weeks which could have repercussions for the future of Scott McTominay, according to The Telegraph.

Mount's hamstring problem could see him miss the visit of Brighton after the international break and potentially their first Champions League group game on top of the next two matches against Nottingham Forest and Arsenal.

McTominay had been linked with an exit as Man Utd monitor the midfield market in the final weeks of the transfer window. However, with 18-year-old Kobbie Mainoo injured already United are short in the position.

It could complicate plans to sell the Scotland international this summer as Erik ten Hag contends with his selection issues.

Ten Hag has spent shed loads already.
Does any other club have as many 50Million + signings as Man united do in their squad? yet its always on the owners. ( apart from Chelsea of course) Ten Hags Talent ID is poor!!
The bolded bit is so true. Ten Hag either is interested in signing dead ballers like Mount, or finished ballers like Erikson or he wants to raid the Dutch league which is a poor standard league.

Luke Shaw: Manchester United defender set for spell on sidelines with muscle injury

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw is set for an extended period on the sidelines after suffering a muscle injury.

United are still assessing the full extent of the injury but acknowledge the 28-year-old left-back will be out for a number of weeks.

He will miss England's games against Ukraine and Scotland next month.

Manager Erik ten Hag already has injury problems at left-back with Tyrell Malacia also out.

Meanwhile, Brandon Williams has been loaned to Championship side Ipswich Town.

Diogo Dalot has played on the left in the past but it is a problem Ten Hag can do without as he looks to navigate his way through United's unconvincing start to the season.

United beat Wolves 1-0 before losing 2-0 to Tottenham.

Manchester United are also currently without midfielder Mason Mount and forward Rasmus Hojlund through injury.

Glad useless Mount is out for the next two games. We might actually play well now.

With Shaw, who has been occasionally roaming into midfield this season, Malacia and Mount out, while Fred has been sold, Ten Hag will now have to rethink his whole system and midfield especially. Dalot at LB, Casemiro-Eriksen in the middle?

With Shaw, who has been occasionally roaming into midfield this season, Malacia and Mount out, while Fred has been sold, Ten Hag will now have to rethink his whole system and midfield especially. Dalot at LB, Casemiro-Eriksen in the middle?
Casemiro-Eriksen pivot in the middle worked last season for the most part. Eriksen hasn’t got the legs anymore but he is quality on the ball, so at least against teams like Wolves, we will do much better with Eriksen in the team.

Dalot had a good season at right back last year, but not sure about his capabilities at left back.

I am the biggest Red Devils supporter out here. Yet I know this season is a wash. The team sucks, the management sucks, but at least we have the Glazers at the helm. We are very to lucky to have them and its because of them, this team hasn't fallen off like Chelsea. However, Erik ten Hag has to go, he has done nothing substanial and is just another quack manager who is "quirky" and a "player's coach." What an utter load of rubbish. Shows the level of disgrace this once revered club has stooped to.

I am the biggest Red Devils supporter out here. Yet I know this season is a wash. The team sucks, the management sucks, but at least we have the Glazers at the helm. We are very to lucky to have them and its because of them, this team hasn't fallen off like Chelsea. However, Erik ten Hag has to go, he has done nothing substanial and is just another quack manager who is "quirky" and a "player's coach." What an utter load of rubbish. Shows the level of disgrace this once revered club has stooped to.
Please tell me this post is a joke.

I was speaking to a Man Utd fan of many years today and he was saying the new striker they have signed has a history of injuries, yet they have splashed out a lot of money on him.

Injuries piling up also.

Not a great start to the season.

Man Utd manager Erik ten Hag says players did not run enough in Spurs defeat

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has accused his players of not running enough in their defeat at Tottenham.

United lost 2-0 on Saturday to a dominant Spurs side and Ten Hag blamed United's attack and defence.

The Dutchman added he has left his players in no doubt they had fallen below the standards he demands.

"They didn't run, or they run in the wrong moment, too late. They didn't recover - especially the front," he said.

"I gave them the feedback this is not acceptable. Every individual has to take responsibility. We need accountable players."

At the start of last season he called in the players on their day off to run 8.5 miles after the side's 5-0 defeat at Brentford. Ten Hag opted against scrapping a planned day off this time round.

According to Ten Hag, United's performance at Tottenham dipped after about 35 minutes, which was roughly the point when skipper Bruno Fernandes missed a glorious headed chance.

United's unconvincing start has left them with three points from a Premier League campaign which began with a fortunate home win against Wolves. They face Nottingham Forest at Old Trafford on Saturday.

"We were so good, then they got distracted and were not doing their jobs any more," he said.

"I am not used to it from this team, because they always do. That is what the fans can expect and we have to demand.

"We have to face [the fact that] the first two games were not good enough - but still we won one."

Thrilling comeback, but problems persist for Man Utd
With injured trio Mason Mount, Luke Shaw and striker Rasmus Hojlund - who has yet to make his debut - all watching from the directors' box, United will be delighted to emerge with three points, even if they didn't ease any concerns about their squad.

Moved into a wide position as Anthony Martial and substitute Jadon Sancho operated in the number nine role, Rashford was at least was more of a threat and played with intent from the start.

On the right Antony also teased the Forest defence, though his end product was often disappointing.

Nevertheless, United dug deep into their reserves of character to record the type of comeback victory this ground has witnessed to so often down the years.

But United still look weak down the middle of the pitch.

Forest's opening goal was a case in point as the home side conceded from a breakaway following their own corner.

They somehow ended up with Rashford and Antony chasing Taiwo Awoniyi, who managed to break free of the home defence and had the strength to hold off the United pair. He the net for an impressive seventh game in a row, having only scored twice in his opening 10 games as a Forest player.

United went into the fixture thinking it would be unlikely any major signings will be made before Friday night's deadline, but whether that is a sustainable position remains to be seen.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see if Harry Maguire's view of his United future has changed after he sat on the bench throughout this game.

One of Ten Hag's first decisions as United boss was to swap the sides of the defence Maguire and Victor Lindelof play on, moving the England man to the right.

That meant it was possible for Maguire to believe that instead of being fourth choice central defender, he was actually the back-up to the often injured Raphael Varane.

But when the Frenchman went off at the break, it was Lindelof who came on. For all Ten Hag's assurances over Maguire's valued status, the switch does not indicate the Dutchman actually believes it.

Superb Gibbs-White continues to justify price tag
There were quite a few raised eyebrows 12 months ago when Forest ended up paying £25m plus add-ons to Wolves for Morgan Gibbs-White.

The forward's performances over the last six months in particular mean that fee now looks like a bargain.

Gibbs-White was one of the key figures in Forest's successful battle against the drop and then inspired England's Under-21 side to their first European Championship triumph since 1984.

Senior national team boss Gareth Southgate was watching on at Old Trafford and will surely have been impressed with the 23-year-old's latest performance.

It was not so much Gibbs-White's assists for Forest's two early goals that impressed so much, given the first was basically the last touch by a Forest player before Awoniyi did the rest himself and the second was a corner which United's defence didn't attack and hit Boly before going in.

Rather it was Gibbs-White's movement and ability to both find space and then create something that really caught the eye.

Had Varane not intervened to block off a low cross heading towards Awoniyi, Gibbs-White could have claimed a hat-trick of assists before the break. It was Awoniyi who then blocked a shot from his team-mate that was heading in.

Forest were made to pay for their failure to make the most of those opportunities, although it took an outstanding save from Andre Onana to deny Willy Boly late on, condemning the visitors to return home empty-handed.

Skin of their teeth but what a mess Utd are at times.

Great comeback but 2-0 down after a few minutes comical.

Defensive injuries and problems for Utd.

Last season, our defence was quite good and that is why we finished 3rd and won a trophy. Varance, Martinez and Casemiro were the backbone of our team. This season, all three especially Casemiro look off the pace and we are struggling. We desperately need Amrabat who can come in and play alongside Casemiro, otherwise this is going to be one long season.

Manchester United are considering a surprise move for Tottenham's 28-year-old Denmark midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Manchester United have enquired about Brentford's English defender Rico Henry, 26, as they ponder options to replace injured English left-back Luke Shaw, 28. (Mail)

Bayern Munich are looking to secure a loan deal for Manchester United's Scotland midfielder Scott McTominay, 26, and could allow Netherlands midfielder Ryan Gravenberch, 21, to move to Old Trafford on loan. (Bild)

United are set to reject West Ham's latest offer for England defender Harry Maguire, with manager Erik ten Hag keen to keep the 30-year-old amid the club's mounting injury problems. (Talksport)

I am not going to lie, when Cucurella was at Brighton, I wanted him and I was a bit annoyed when he went to Chelsea, where he was a complete disaster. But then again, who wasn't a disaster at Chelsea last season? The whole team was abysmal.

Obviously, I have mixed feelings on the potential signing of Cucurella, whereas if we were going for him last summer, I would have been happy. But I must say that I am sick and tired of the fraud Luke Shaw, who has flattered to deceive for nearly a decade at Man United. I will take Cucurella over him any day of the week.

Manchester United are closing in on a loan deal for Tottenham full-back Sergio Reguilon.

United are searching for a left-back, with both Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia out for an extended period of time because of injury.

Talks with Chelsea over Marc Cucurella failed to reach a positive conclusion but conversations over Spain's Reguilon have been more positive.

United are also trying to complete a deal for Fiorentina's Sofyan Amrabat.

Midfielder Amrabat, who starred for Morroco in last year's World Cup, is under contract until 2024 with the Serie A club.

Reguilon, 26, has been cleared to have a medical with United and providing there are no issues, could feature in Erik ten Hag's squad for Sunday's trip to Arsenal.

Reguilon joined Tottenham from Real Madrid in September 2020 on a five-year deal but spent last season on loan at Atletico Madrid.

I am not going to lie, when Cucurella was at Brighton, I wanted him and I was a bit annoyed when he went to Chelsea, where he was a complete disaster. But then again, who wasn't a disaster at Chelsea last season? The whole team was abysmal.

Obviously, I have mixed feelings on the potential signing of Cucurella, whereas if we were going for him last summer, I would have been happy. But I must say that I am sick and tired of the fraud Luke Shaw, who has flattered to deceive for nearly a decade at Man United. I will take Cucurella over him any day of the week.

Manchester United have agreed a loan deal for Tottenham full-back Sergio Reguilon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cucurella already off the table, Reguilon is the man now. Wouldn't be a transfer window without a big club doing a late panic-buy scramble. Usually it's Arsenal.

Manchester United have signed Turkey goalkeeper Altay Bayindir from Fenerbahce for £4.3m.

The 25-year-old, who has five caps for his country, joins on a four-year contract.

Last season he was a key player for Fenerbahce as they won the Turkish Cup and finished second in the Super Lig.

"It is a huge honour to join Manchester United and become the first Turkish player to represent this incredible club," said Bayindir.

"I have a passion for success, and I will give everything to help this special group of players to achieve our ambitions.

"I cannot wait to start working with such an experienced goalkeeping unit. We will support each other and drive high standards every day so that each of us is ready to perform whenever called upon."

Reguilon is awful in every sense. We are now signing Tottenham’s left overs. :ROFLMAO:

United getting Amrabat on loan, that's a good signing and much needed for their midfield

Manchester United have signed Fiorentina's Morocco midfielder Sofyan Amrabat on a season-long loan.

United will pay a £8.6m (10m euros) loan fee, with an option to make the deal become permanent which would cost £17.1m (20m euros) plus £4.2m (5m euros) in add-ons.

Earlier, United signed full-back Sergio Reguilon, centre-back Jonny Evans and goalkeeper Altay Bayindir.

It hasn't been a great start of the season for them as they have already tasted a defeat at Tottenham. Tomorrow they will be having another North London to Arsenal and if they can win tomorrow, we can say that they have a strong chance of finishing in the top 4.

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag, speaking to MOTD:"I think we deserved to win this game but you don't always get what you deserve.

"I look more at how we step up and if you see from the Wolves game to this game there is big progression. Tonight was a team, I am really happy with this performance and the progress of our performance.

"We did well, we make progress, stick to the plan and believe and in the future we will win games like this."

On Arsenal's second goal: "It can't be that this goal is given. It was a clear foul."

I thought they played quite well until the last few minutes.

They seemed to lose their heads and shape when their goal was ruled out for off-side.

Before that they defended well and looked sharp on the counter-attack.

Back