New Zealand v Pakistan | 1st Test | 07/01/11 | Hamilton | Day 1 : Session 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Only 30 minutes left and no match thread??

My dad just walked in my room and told me that Pakistan have won the toss and will be bowling first!

Hello and welcome to ESPNcricinfo's coverage of the first Test between New Zealand and Pakistan. It's an overcast day in Hamilton, but there's no rain around, so we should start on time.

Maybe beacuse of this. Let's see if they can take advantage of that because the forecast is very bright after today.

LOL, New Zealand would have batted

Who puts the opposition in on a flat track?

when does it start EST time ? CBN is showing it live but it does not start until 6:30 .

BOWL ?!
On a flat pitch,has he even seen the pitch ?

Oh dear,just when you thought Misbah was captaining well :facepalm:

We'll see if the decision is justified in a bit. Not sure why people are moaning, a few reports are saying it's going to be overcast on and off today.

I think they should have batted first - be positive. They have to get 3 wicket at least before lunch to justify this decision.

when does it start EST time ? CBN is showing it live but it does not start until 6:30 .

It starts at 5 PM EST, coverage has started for me on my Willow TV :D

Just hope they don't switch over to the Ashes :facepalm:

Hello and welcome to ESPNcricinfo's coverage of the first Test between New Zealand and Pakistan. It's an overcast day in Hamilton, but there's no rain around, so we should start on time.

Maybe beacuse of this. Let's see if they can take advantage of that because the forecast is very bright after today.

Just read that on Cricinfo aswell!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!! Misbah why on Earth would you bowl on a pitch that looks dry???

:facepalm:

We'll see if the decision is justified in a bit. Not sure why people are moaning, a few reports are saying it's going to be overcast on and off today.

At the end of the day, everyone is saying its an extremely flat pitch

To be bowling first on the basis of the weather forecast alone is stupidity

Umar Akmal not playing. Tanvir Ahmed playing and no Sohail Tanvir

no track is a flat/seaming/bouncy/grassy track for our batting anymore, just win the toss go for bat and try to cross 250.

Very humid in Hamilton, and there are showers predicted later in the afternoon. There's a greenish tinge on the pitch which prompted Pakistan to bowl, but Simon Doull says after the first hour or so it should become easy for batting.

misbah ka masla kia hai and why does PAK keep winning the toss?

Afridi and Misbah and tossers I suppose.

Let's hope this decision works out - does not seem to be smart BUT chalo we shall see

Hafeez
Taufeeq
Azhar
Younis
Misbah (C)
Asad
Adnan (Wk)
Rehman
Gul
Tanvir Ahmed
Wahab

Umar (12th man)

Hopefully Misbah knows what he's doing because I think it's an awful decision

wow, so now pakistan have a decent looking middle order and a terrible bowling line-up.

how things have changed.

Hafeez
Taufeeq
Azhar
Younis
Misbah (C)
Asad
Adnan (Wk)
Rehman
Gul
Tanvir Ahmed
Wahab

Umar (12th man)

goodness me, our one-day team looks so much better and stronger to me now, after the top 6 we'll struggle to buy a run

i just hope this test series gets Azhar Ali a lot of runs he deserves it.

U Akmal will realize that he eneds to improve his technique and not throw his wicket away

Pakistan lineup is

Mohammad Hafeez
Taufeeq Umar
Azhar Ali
Younis Khan
Misbah-Ul-Haq (c)
Asad Shafiq
Adnan Akmal (wk)
Abdur Rehman
Umar Gul
Tanvir Ahmed
Wahab Riaz

Umar Akmal (12th man)

Ramiz Raja either watches too many movies or reads too much books

Umar Akmal should have been given first go, he was looking in good touch in the T20s as well.

poor decision.

Tanvir and Gul have to hit right away.

if we can bowl them out under 200 It would give Pak great chance of putting on a big total like england and then giving NZ time to bat.

But PAK 1st inning is crucial hope to see the best from YK, Misbah and Gul he is senior member of the squad.

A lot will rely on him.

Ramiz Raja (asked about Pak fielding) : 'Pakistan has to field well in this series. We saw in England Pakistan dropped so many catches. If they had held on to those catches Pakistan would have easily won the series.

:)))

At the end of the day, everyone is saying its an extremely flat pitch

To be bowling first on the basis of the weather forecast alone is stupidity
Pakistan have won their recent tests bowling first. It might not be the best decision here but Misbah, Waqar and co obviously see it as differently, let's juts wait and see how the bowling goes.

It could be a defensive move not to unleash our fragile batting line up first up

If the batting is fragile then it will get exposed eventually

Also if it is fragile why bat last when we struggle at that at even the best of times

Umar Akmal should have been given first go, he was looking in good touch in the T20s as well.

poor decision.

agree there but

hopefully he is learning from his mistakes instead of putting his head down and not aiming to come back stronger

goodness me, our one-day team looks so much better and stronger to me now, after the top 6 we'll struggle to buy a run

Rehman scored 50 against S.A. Wahab and Gul arent exaclty rabbits either, nor is tanvir.

Thats a pretty strong Pakistan tail to be honest.

Not really, our lower order/tail is pretty strong , Gul is going to come in at number 11 and even he is a decent bat

Ramiz Raja (asked about Pak fielding) : 'Pakistan has to field well in this series. We saw in England Pakistan dropped so many catches. If they had held on to those catches Pakistan would have easily won the series.

:)))

what's so hilarious? we could have definitely at least drawn the series,

1st Test was a nightmare.

need 3-4 wickets right up front to dent NZ before the pitch flattens out...

Rehman scored 50 against S.A. Wahab and Gul arent exaclty rabbits either, nor is tanvir.

Thats a pretty strong Pakistan tail to be honest.

absolutely our tailenders could become the Razzaq's and Afridi's of our
Test team i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back