Pakistan (334/6) hammer New Zealand (232 all out) by 102 runs in the 4th ODI in Karachi

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Huge total to get for NZ so one would expect Pakistan to win this or can NZ surprise us?

lfWa1Qc.jpg

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited:
Should send Chapman up the order

Let him have a go here

I am hoping NZ thrash this coward captain led team by the 45th over

Last edited:
Pace slowly coming back for Shaheen it seems. Good over. Legend in making is back :afridi

Babar will lead his team to the no.1 ODI spot and be the number 1 batsman at the same time. What an achievement Mashallah.

People bash Babar for being an insecure captain but Tom Latham isn't too far behind. Mark Chapman who has been in scintillating touch should've been batting at 4 but since that is Latham's position, Chapman has not got the time to build his innings to explode at the death.

This series reminds me of when NZ toured with a weakened squad in 2003 and got blanked 5-0. It was the series where Yasir Hameed and Imran Farhat racked up century opening partnerships for fun :))

Anyway you can only beat the opposition in front of you and we badly need a series win. However it doesn't tell us much about our chances at the World Cup.

This series reminds me of when NZ toured with a weakened squad in 2003 and got blanked 5-0. It was the series where Yasir Hameed and Imran Farhat racked up century opening partnerships for fun :))

Anyway you can only beat the opposition in front of you and we badly need a series win. However it doesn't tell us much about our chances at the World Cup.

This is a much better NZ side. Henry, Latham, Mitchell, Milne, Neesham, and Blundell are all first-team players. Although even if Pakistan manages to blank NZ here and becomes the number 1 team, it'll be the only #1 team in history that nobody believes could beat England, Australia, India, and even full-strength NZ in a bilateral ODI series.

Very one-sided match so far.

I thin PCB really need to start looking at when they play series and the quality of the opposition they will face.

I thin PCB really need to start looking at when they play series and the quality of the opposition they will face.

Bro, it is Balle Balle for us Pakistan fans. What more could we want? Our home team is finally looking dominant in home conditions.

Ultra Edge? Really. Rizwan didn't even catch the ball. Some of these protocols are so stupid.

If Saifi has missed the stumping instead of Riz I wonder how many threads have started about him being a bad keeper.... #just saying :sarf2

No wonder Karachi crowd didn’t show up . What a boring fest

Usama - good control, not much spin
Usman - horrible control, great spin
Shadab - horrible control, no spin at all.

No wonder Karachi crowd didn’t show up . What a boring fest

After too much of T20 cricket ODI does seems like a drag.. I would really like them to try the 2 innings model for ODI or just get rid of it. Tests and T20s

Releasing the pressure Pakistan. Babar should bring back Wasim jr

Poor captaincy from Babar. Chapman went on the attack against Iftikhar last over so that should have been enough information to not bowl him again. This off-spin against left-handed batsman and leg-spin against right-handed batsman nonsense needs to stop.

New Zealand need 170 runs from 20 overs.

Pakistan would want a few wickets at this stage.

PCB cannot ensure playing A side in IPL months thats for sure.

After too much of T20 cricket ODI does seems like a drag.. I would really like them to try the 2 innings model for ODI or just get rid of it. Tests and T20s

Crowd has nothing to do with drag series, crowds wer good in pindi and lhr and also multan in PSL. Sadly Karachi has lowest interest in any of the matches these days.

If these two stay, this match could be heading towards NZ. Chapman is a beast.

Because he didn’t get his milestone

I’ve noticed this before too. He seems disinterested if he hasn’t scored a 50

Bro as you tell others, Khuda ka Khof karro.

Game over I recon

But not the worst platform for the lower order to have a go here

Good captaincy by Babar - trusted Usama and he got the reward

So Pakistan team is almost 1 step away from number 1 ranking 😂
Last time Mickey started coaching, Pakistan become test number 1 for a short while.

When Pakistan looses, people here complain about team selection, when opposition starts giving good fight, they complain about bad captaincy and now when Pakistan somehow manages to dominate opposition in all the three departments, now the game becomes boring. What an audience we have got 😅

Chapman made it interesting but it’s boring now

Shaheen and Rauf are generally good catchers.

I remember the time when we used to have Rahat, Ehsan, Irfan as our bowlers who couldn't field or catch even if their life depended on it.

Seems to be silence here because Pakistan are winning, perhaps?

Zara jazba dikhao logo!

Congratulations on 4-0. Much needed before WC. I wish we had some more series planned before WC.

Seems to be silence here because Pakistan are winning, perhaps?

Zara jazba dikhao logo!

When we translate our number 1 ranking by lifting the World Cup

There will be a real party

Tom Latham: I think they played really well. The platform they were able to set despite losing three wickets. Babar played well and players played well around him. Credit to them. When you look at it at a development point of view, they got some exposure against a team like Pakistan. We will go back understanding the conditions better. Would be trying to build some partnerships. Some one will have to bat through. We will look at the wicket we will be playing on and then we will take a call as to what is to be done.

Babar Azam "Thanks to Allah. It was a team effort and also due to the hard work of the support staff. We gelled as a team and built momentum and wanted to be the Number 1 ranked team and today we have achieved that"

Babar Azam "the boys deserve a lot of credit for reaching the Number 1 ranking. They have put in a lot of effort and performed in difficult conditions and in different situations and at difficult times for Pakistan"

Last edited:
Pakistan peaked to No.1 on the ICC ODI Team Rankings as Babar Azam stroked his 18th century on way to becoming the quickest batter to 5,000 runs in his side’s comprehensive 102 runs victory over New Zealand in the fourth match at the National Bank Stadium on Friday.

By virtue of taking a 4-0 lead over New Zealand in a five-match series, Pakistan has joined Australia and India on 113 points, but are ranked above the two when the points are calculated beyond the decimal point.

Pakistan will have an opportunity to take sole position of the No.1 ranking with 115 points if they win the final match of the series on Sunday. On the other side of the coin, Pakistan will slip to third position on 112 points if New Zealand record a consolation win.

Pakistan had entered the series in fifth position on 106 points, while it took the field on Friday as the third-ranked side on 112 points. Pakistan’s previous highest ranking since the inception of the official ICC rankings in 2005 was third, which it achieved twice in January 2007 and June 2022. Pakistan had also previously topped the Test rankings in 2014, while they had achieved the No.1 T20I ranking in 2018.

World’s top-ranked batter Babar Azam led Pakistan’s rise to No.1 on Friday when he scored a 117-ball 107, his 18th career century, to steer Pakistan to 334 for six after it was put into bat. In turn, New Zealand slipped from 184 for three in 33.1 overs to 232 all-out in 43.4 overs with Usama Mir and Mohammad Wasim Junior sharing seven wickets between them.

When Babar reached 19, he completed 5,000 ODI runs, becoming the fastest to the milestone in 97 innings of 99 matches. He eclipsed Hashim Amla, who had achieved the feat in 101 innings. Babar’s innings was studded with 10 fours and he was involved in four fruitful partnerships.

For the second wicket with Shan Masood (44, 55b, 7x4), Babar added 50 runs from 60 balls, while his third wicket partnership with Mohammad Rizwan (27) yielded 42 runs from 47 runs. In the most entertaining and strokeful partnership for the fourth wicket, Babar added 117 runs from 100 balls with Salman Ali Agha, who scored a 46-ball 58 with four fours and two sixes. Babar’s fifth wicket 41-run stand from 35 balls with Iftikhar Ahmed (28, 22b, 5x4) produced 41 runs from 35 balls.

After the top-order had laid the foundation of a solid score, Shaheen Shah Afridi finished the innings with a flurry when he slapped Blair Tickner for three sixes and four in the last over to finish with seven-ball 23 not out.

With Mohammad Haris, Shaheen added 38 runs in 12 balls for the unbroken seven wicket partnership as Pakistan collected 94 runs off the last 10 overs, including 70 runs off the last five overs.

In chase of a 335-run target, New Zealand slipped to 46 for two before Daryl Mitchell (34) and Tom Latham (60) added 83 runs off 103 balls for the third wicket to put their side’s back on track. But, when Latham became the fourth batter to depart at the score of 184 in the 34th over, Pakistan bowlers tightened the screws around New Zealand as the visitors were bowled out for 232 in 43.4 overs.

In the second half of the innings, Mark Chapman offered some resistance, hitting four fours and three sixes in a 33-ball 46 before he was bowled by Usama Mir, who finished with four for 43.

Haris Rauf account for Tom Blundell (23) and Jimmy Neeshan (11), while Mohammad Wasim Junior dismissed Will Young (15), Cole McConchie (8) and Blair Tickner.

Scores in brief:

Pakistan beat New Zealand by 102 runs, fourth ODI

Pakistan 334-6, 50 overs (Babar Azam 107, Salman Ali Agha 58, Shan Masood 44, Iftikhar Ahmed 28, Shaheen Shah Afridi 23 not out, Mohammad Rizwan 24; Matt Henry 3-65)

New Zealand 232 all out, 43.3 overs (Tom Latham 60, Mark Chapman 46, Daryl Mitchell 34, Tom Blundell 23; Usama Mir 4-43, Mohammad Wasim Junior 3-40, Haris Rauf 2-37)

Player of the match – Babar Azam (Pakistan)

Highlights of the game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9MdjzaXcWhk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You have some big dreams. Reality is different. It's nice to dream though.

We will find out who is dreaming when these guys under this coward selfish captain plays against firsts teams. I will remind you then of this post for sure. I will eat my words if otherwise. I have nothing against MY Pak team members including Babar, who is undoubtedly one of the best bats, but one of the worst leaders who is misusing young guys and appeasing buddies.

Back