Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a bad decision by the umpire it hit him outside the line ...

no matter DRS or not

bad umpiring

Why would you play the sweep so often when you know it's gotten tons of England wickets? Fine, played one in the last over well for six, but again and again? Not a good shot selection, deserved a century.

Hit outside the off.

Whats the point of UDRS if it insists that umpire's call should stay?

Didn't hit it as Hotspot proved - Umpire's call, fairish decision, rare success for Graeme, and much much much needed for him and England! Game's still just about on.

now we have the best pair on the crease ... english score has already been wiped off ... so they should do the real tuk tuk magic now ... to take the lead

The ball 90% hit him outside, but the rules are rules I guess.

Good innings anyway Hafeez.

at the end of Swann's successful over, Pak 178/3, Trail by 14 runs.

Younis 24*
Misbah 2*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

I am kind of surprise on the quick decision by the 3rd Umpire who didn't look for the hotspot from different angle for the inside edge as hafeezzz was showing his bat to Younus

Pakitan giving wkts away One of these two needs to go on and get a big one

long tail maybe 100 runs lead
come on Pakistan please dont lose this match

Last edited:
Needed that wicket, if we can get Misbah we might be back in this game, Pak have a long tail.

The ball 90% hit him outside, but the rules are rules I guess.

Good innings anyway Hafeez.
The rules say that umpire's mistake should stay. Kinda defeats the purpose of UDRS. On top of that you lose a review even though 90% the ball struck outside the line as you say.

Only saying because nothing much to discuss with this tuk tuk on.

Single to Younis, at the end of the over, Pak 179/3, Trail by 13 runs.

Younis 25*
Misbah 2*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Didn't hit it as Hotspot proved - Umpire's call, fairish decision, rare success for Graeme, and much much much needed for him and England! Game's still just about on.

Brother Whippy :dav Do you think England should pick monty Panesar next test and drop Tremlet?

The pitch is flat....... Pakistan batsman must aim for big first innings total. That is the only way England would be under pressure.

England 192

Pakistan 180/3

Pakistan trail by 12 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Younis khan 26 Misbah 2

at the end of the over, Pak 180/3, Trail by 12 runs.

Younis 26*
Misbah 2*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Pakistan should not be satisfied with 100 runs lead only, England Batsman will bat better next innings unless :ajmal magic is repeated.

The rules say that umpire's mistake should stay. Kinda defeats the purpose of UDRS. On top of that you lose a review even though 90% the ball struck outside the line as you say.

Only saying because nothing much to discuss with this tuk tuk on.

Well I think the umpire should be given the benefit of the doubt for 'small' errors. The UDRS's purpose is to remove howlers. But I agree with you that if you refer a decision and lose out because of 'umpire's call', you shouldn't lose a review.

If we get 2 - 75 runs partnership next, we will lead by 150 runs with 4 wickets in hand. I'd settle for that. Off to bed bye

These two need to make big totals from here. We need Younus Khan hundred and Misbah 70 or 80. Thier's not allot of batting left from here unless Asad Shafiq really plays well. Overall Pakistan is in a good position they now need to take advantage of this and make the most out of it and hopefully win this series.

England 192

Pakistan 184/3 (59.4 ov)

Pakistan trail by 8 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st inning

Younis khan 29 misbah 3

at the end of the over, Pak 184/3, Trail by 8 runs.

Younis 29*
Misbah 3*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

at the end of the over, Pak 188/3, Trail by 4 runs.

Younis 29*
Misbah 7*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back