Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maiden, at the end of the over, Pak 156/2, Trail by 36 runs.

Hafeez 76*
Younis 16*

Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Swann in. No left handers. Hafeez has played him well and the best player of spin is in.

hmmm.. I wonder how are Pakistani batsmen gonna give an attack to this Bowling attack.

What are those factors ? Not questioning you but just more curious than anything.

Is it just they dont want to bowl faster as they feel its just waste of energy or that they "cant" because of hot and humid conditions.

This is what comes to mind first and foremost. The ball is doing nothing. Even if you try your best to bowl as fast as you can the batsmen will negotiate well because of the slowness of the wicket. You have to generally bowl more overs of fast bowling than if for instance England or SA and in the longer run you will breake down without any success.

single to Hafeez, at the end of the over, Pak 159/2, Trail by 33 runs.

Hafeez 78*
Younis 17*

Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Shouldn't be concerned with the scoring rate, So many overs left in this match.

Is it just they dont want to bowl faster as they feel its just waste of energy or that they "cant" because of hot and humid conditions.

It isn't hot or humid.

They are bowling defensively. The four-bowler model is getting exposed here I think, particularly given that Swann is not blocking an end up.

It isn't hot or humid.

They are bowling defensively. The four-bowler model is getting exposed here I think, particularly given that Swann is not blocking an end up.

So you think England should drop Morgan and go for 5 bowlers in the next test?

at the end of the over, Pak 163/2, Trail by 29 runs.

Hafeez 82*
Younis 17*

Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

It this tukk tukk wins us the series against the no.1 team in the world, i will gladely take it :)

Swann is getting spanked. :)) He's the most expansive bowler of the attack. And his fanboys make it sound like he's a god.

13 runs of the Swann over, at the end of the over, Pak 176/2, Trail by 16 runs.

Hafeez 88*
Younis 24*

Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Last edited:
It this tukk tukk wins us the series against the no.1 team in the world, i will gladely take it :)

It isn't even tuk tuk :))

I wouldn't mind as well if they went into tuk tuk 2.5rpo until a lead of 100+ but they're comfortably going at over 3rpo.

England 192

Pakistan 176/2

Pakistan trail by 16 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Mohammad hafeez 88 younis khan 24

Swann has gone soooooooo far downhill as a bowler.

Were they just chanting 'England jeetay ga' ??
And now they're playing the music from Rocky

This is what comes to mind first and foremost. The ball is doing nothing. Even if you try your best to bowl as fast as you can the batsmen will negotiate well because of the slowness of the wicket. You have to generally bowl more overs of fast bowling than if for instance England or SA and in the longer run you will breake down without any success.

True but on these flat decks best bet is to bowl fast thats the way akhtar was successful. Its about making things happen which Akhtar did if you look at England here they dont have a genuine express pace in this line up (we dont eather) or again they might not be wanting to bowl fast. England is really trying to dry up the runs and wait for Pakistani batsmen to make mistakes which never a good idea.

Conclusion: Gotta bowl phaaaast !

Pak 176/2. From the exact same score here versus the real South Africa in 2010, they lost eight for 72. :O

Last edited:
Maiden, at the end of the over, Pak 176/2, Trail by 16 runs.

Hafeez 88*
Younis 24*

Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Swann's one of the best spinners exploiting conditions, but I feel in today's age where you can overanalyse everything, he's far to conventional and orthodox on pitches offering little. Will do better in the second innings.

Difficult for spinners to do well in test cricket these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back