Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 from both our two senior players is needed here!

we need to get a lead of 150+ atleast!

2000 test runs for misbah well done.

England 192

Pakistan 190/3

Pakistan trail by 2 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Younis khan 31 Misbah 7

Last edited:
Can anyone predict when Misbah will bring out the reverse sweep against Swann?

How come Broad has not been warned by the umpire so far for running on to the pitch...his follow through pretty much ends smack on the middle stump?

at the end of the over, Pak 192/3, Lead by 0 runs.

Younis 30*
Misbah 9*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Scores level. 7 wickets in hand. Now we can look at building a lead. I say 150 minimum from here.

levelled england's score with 7 wickets to spare.

So far so good.

England 192

Pakistan 192/3

Pakistan lead by 0 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Younis khan 31 Misbah 9

How come Broad has not been warned by the umpire so far for running on to the pitch...his follow through pretty much ends smack on the middle stump?

because the world is a racist place.

on a side note, Misbah and Younis might average loads and be solid but I'm sorry, they're absolutely brutal to watch

on a side note, Misbah and Younis might average loads and be solid but I'm sorry, they're absolutely brutal to watch

We'll take that as long as they get runs. :yk :misbah

at the end of the over, Pak 198/3, Lead by 6 runs.

Younis 36*
Misbah 10*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

England 192

Pakistan 198/3

Pakistan lead by 6 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Younis khan 36 Misbah 10

Younis and Misbah won't give anything to the English bowlers, they are like Trott in that respect. Misbah can hit when the time is required though, don't have any doubts on that score.

Just Misbah mate, you can see Younis is trying to make an effort to rotate strike, and hitting the average balls away. Misbah's just defending every single ball, regardless of it being average or good, and hitting the full ones.

Like Cook, Trott, & Strauss.

So I guess it clears the air, :ajmal is the world's best spinner, Swann is probably on par with Bhajji

Was that supposed to be funny Whippy?

I guess he must have a sign on bonus i.e. due to a being son of a noble and upright whinger, he gets to go where no other mere mortals are allowed;-)

As for the last comment...Trott and Cook say hello?

Last edited:
at the end of the over, Pak 199/3, Lead by 7 runs.

Younis 36*
Misbah 11*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Was that supposed to be funny Whippy?

I guess he must have a sign on bonus i.e. due to a being son of a noble and upright whinger, he gets to go where no other mere mortals are allowed;-)

it's the response you were looking for wasn't it?

Maiden, at the end of the over, Pak 199/3, Lead by 7 runs.

Younis 36*
Misbah 11*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

it's the response you were looking for wasn't it?

Nope, an honest, yes he seems to be getting pretty close or oh Monsee you are just jealous that we have a Barbie and you don't...would have sufficed;-)

single to misbah to end the over, Pak 201/3, Lead by 9 runs.

Younis 37*
Misbah 12*

Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Last edited:
Madhusudhan sends us: "Bad news for England with Pakistan now in the lead...England have won only twice after conceding a first-innings lead in the subcontinent. Both these wins have come against Pakistan. 1961 in Lahore by 7 runs and 2000 in Karachi by 17 runs."

cricinfo

Good news for Pakistani fans. :misbah

If ever there was a time for tuk tukking it is now. Put the idea into the English minds that Pakistan wickets will be hard to get. Cricket is a mental game, England would have walked out expecting to win. Now they will be doubting that.

Tuk all day Misbah!!

If ever there was a time for tuk tukking it is now. Put the idea into the English minds that Pakistan wickets will be hard to get. Cricket is a mental game, England would have walked out expecting to win. Now they will be doubting that.

Tuk all day Misbah!!

well InshahAllah we will tuk tuk them out of this match :misbah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back