Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 2 | Dubai Sports City | 18 January 2012 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ever there was a time for tuk tukking it is now. Put the idea into the English minds that Pakistan wickets will be hard to get. Cricket is a mental game, England would have walked out expecting to win. Now they will be doubting that.

Tuk all day Misbah!!

If you wanted two guys to tuk tuk all day Misbah and Younis are your men. In anycase these two will have to get the lead, Assad Shafiq and Adnan Akmal can't be counted on to get too many.

EDIT:

spoke too soon.

at the end of Trott's magical over, Pak 202/4, Lead by 10 runs.

Misbah 12*
Asad 0*

Younis 37
Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

I had a feeling this would happen as soon as Misbah took a single of the 5th ball.

Lead is only 10 runs. Say goodbye to a 200 lead for now. Need Misbah to stay in and others to support to hopefully get a 100+ lead.

ROFLMAO!

It was a pretty poor innings from Younis overall IMO, didn't look at his best today, a bit lazy.

:yk :facepalm: why why why

Now I am doomed in superselector I have :asad and :adnan let's see what the young guns can do for me

***! YK!

there goes Pakistans chances of a big lead! pretty much last recognised batsmen left. Pakistan make a pig ear of things at moment!

we will definitely get 100 lead. We're 202/4.

Whether we get a lead of 200 or now is debatable now unfortunately.

Trott taking this wicket just makes the english seamers look worse lol

Wished we had Umar Akmal though. A blazing century would've gone a long way.

***! YK!

there goes Pakistans chances of a big lead! pretty much last recognised batsmen left. Pakistan make a pig ear of things at moment!
what you don't rate Misbah?

Asad's solid too long as the pitch doesn't do too much IMO.

single to misbah to end the over, Pak 203/4, Lead by 11 runs.

Misbah 13*
Asad 0*

Younis 37
Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

from what I hear Trott has been considered a semi-decent partnership breaker in domestic cricket for some time (malakian is a county cricket viewer, he might know). Trott unfortunately has a bad back so doesn't bowl much now.

Good bowling change from Strauss. Pakistan need to stay calm here. Still 6 wickets left. Asad needs to support Misbah here. Test of temperament for the young lad.

asad shafiqs most important innings yet....is that kind of a position where u would want umar akmal at the crease....so a failure for asad will make those calls louder

:( Some pakistan batsmen needs to make a name for themselves and get a 100 here!

Apart from Azhar everyones got a start but no one has gone on :( to make a 100!

from what I hear Trott has been considered a semi-decent partnership breaker in domestic cricket for some time (malakian is a county cricket viewer, he might know). Trott unfortunately has a bad back so doesn't bowl much now.
never under estimate a bowler:yk

His bowling was being praised before the wicket.

KP v YK threads - KP never got out to Trott in test cricket :p

What a match though!! Such a surprise after the SA-SL and Aus-Ind matches.

at the end of the over, Pak 209/4, Lead by 17 runs.

Misbah 19*
Asad 1*

Younis 37
Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Lead is alredy 17. Looking good. England will be two down before they post 17 runs anyways :)

Pak 209/4 - need to make sure we get 350 atleast some how now!

Misbah can be relied upon.....I am not too sure about Asad yet.....with Umar you were guaranteed 40+ on such pitches......

not convinced by asad at all....always looks like he will get out at any point

me and my dad were laughing wen trott came to bowl on seeing his
record and then :facepalm:

nuhhhhhhh! come on this is actually interesting at last.

wonder how Misbah will do without the far better player at the other end who has just got out.

Need to get to tea just 4 down and then have a solid last session!

England due new ball in last session which will be crucial!

at the end of the over, Pak 212/4, Lead by 20 runs.

Misbah 19*
Asad 4*

Younis 37
Hafeez 88
Azhar Ali 1
Taufeeq 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back