Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st T20| Dubai | 11/12/09 | NZ Inngs

Oxy

Hall of Famer
Runs
Pakistan finish on 161 from their 20 overs - leaving the Kiwis 162 to win

Will be interesting to see how Pakistan fields and how many extras we conceed.

Two areas where we are generally weak.

I wouldn't bowl Tanvir, actually, he'll just let go of this pretty good target by bowling wide outside off deliveries, lots of wides down leg side, and plenty of no balls, which is guaranteed. Unless he's completely transformed himself in these few months out of cricket.

Or if I'd HAVE to bowl everyone, I'd bowl 4 overs by Gul, 4 overs by Aamir, 4 overs by Afridi, 4 overs by Ajmal, and 2 overs each by Tanvir and Razzaq.

Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Fawad Alam were not good today in batting.

Last edited:
Darren: "a message to Redmond, leave the Afradi celebration to the original, see what happens when ppl try to imitate him. " From Cricinfo.

:)))

Granted Pakistan have a good bowling attack, but just one cameo from a NZ batsman, and they can reduce it to a run-a-ball. NZ will be used to these sort of conditions back home, so should be an interesting game.

Afridi_Fan said:
Darren: "a message to Redmond, leave the Afradi celebration to the original, see what happens when ppl try to imitate him. " From Cricinfo.

I thought it was funny when they stretchered him off though...

I would bowl, 4 overs Gul, 4 overs Aamer, 4 overs Afridi, 4 overs Ajmal, 2 overs Tanvir, 1 over Malik, 1 over Razzaq. Depends on who does better than the other.

Afridi_Fan said:

:))) :))) :)))
Too true. :afridi

And it was quite humiliating to watch, actually. That ugly face and messed up hair of Redmond's doesn't fit the Afridi celebration, and he's not even half the cricketer Afridi is. ;-)

Afridi_Fan said:

:))) :afridi

srh said:
Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik and Fawad Alam were not good today in batting.

I think :fawad did well, if he wasnt there we might have witnessed a collapse just like 3rd ODI.

Afridi_Fan said:
I think :fawad did well, if he wasnt there we might have witnessed a collapse just like 3rd ODI.
His SR was better than Umar and Malik but I just feel this guy would not be able to hit a boundary.

I wouldn't bowl Razzaq or Tanvir at all then, bowl 4 overs each with Aamer, Gul, Malik, Afridi, and Ajmal respectively, since NZ struggle with our spin attack.

Or if I had to I'd bowl 4 overs each with Aamer, Gul, Afridi, and Ajmal, with 2 overs each with Malik and Razzaq.

Our bowling has depth. :inti

Also remember Pakistan has Khalid Latif and Imran Farhat waiting outside who are more explosive than Shoaib Malik and Fawad Alam.

good batting on the whole. imran nazir went a long way which helped. both akmals, shoaib malik were poor. fawad stopped the collapse and tano hit some fireworks.

Afridi did what PP has been screaming for and promoted Umar akmal to number 3.

4 to McCullum. * Sigh * looks like the spinners will have to clean up again.

Great bowling from Aamer, but garbage fielding killed it for us

oh god...................................................

help please

17 off the over then.... Aamer starts off completely the opposite of Bond.

Wickets will do it. N.Z don;t have much batting:

McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Broom
Watling
McCullum
Southee

looks like NZ are trying to score all their runs off the fast bowlers. they know they can't play spin.

140 more to go and fans will be screaming to get rid of Afridi .......
grabbing and pop corn, it will be interesting.....

saj001 said:
WHAT crap Fielding
seriously! how disheartening for aamir! Amir must take revenge and inshallah ameen none of these kiwis will last long....they will go chop chop into the fruit salad

why does it say tanvir is a "lmf/sla" bowler. has he bowled spin other than that embarrassing test against india?

ali110 said:
140 more to go and fans will be screaming to get rid of Afridi .......
grabbing and pop corn, it will be interesting.....

One thing is for sure, he won't say iQuit.

Back