Pakistan v New Zealand | Napier | 3rd Test - Day 3 | 13/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
First goal is to achieve -150/0

Second goal is to acheive -100/0 or -100/1

My 786th post, hope it proves to make this post lucky and blesses these goals

Last edited:
Insaaniyat get it through your head, he is MIA because the team refused to play for him ie. Yousuf, malik etc. It's not so complicated.

I personally think Salman Butt is a good opener. He just needs a good extended run and also needs his patners to stop running him out. He has a really good technique and I really wish he scores a big 100 Inshallah

adzzy786 said:
I personally think Salman Butt is a good opener. He just needs a good extended run and also needs his patners to stop running him out. He has a really good technique and I really wish he scores a big 100 Inshallah

InshahAllah

adzzy786 said:

I think his partners would say the opposite cause he usually runs them out. Af ter a little while he runs himself out as well due to guilt.:D

These two are trying to run too hard this early. It will tire the two out. Let the ball get older, tire out the bowlers and fielders, and then switch to quick singles.

I am hearing Desperado. Making fun of Pakistan team possibly because I cannot imagine this song being played at a stadium

When NZ were batting...the commentators were only analyzing the batsmen, their technical strokes, their statistics and all the different facets of their game. The only time they talked about Pakistan was to say how crap they were doing.

Now I understand that Pakistan didn't deserve accolades, but there was NO neutral technical analysis of our players. The only thing they would do from time to time is look at Asif's stats and go "wow, he's an excellent bowlers..wow."

And NOW..when Pakistan are batting..they're only talking about the NZ bowlers and how they have progressed over the past years like Tuffey, Martin etc. They even commented on O'Brien leaving to be with his wife and how its a noble thing to do.

Yet no analysis of these two Pakistani batsmen who have a lot to prove. They have both been out of the game for a while and are mature and experienced enough to be discussed at length.

Very biased commentating!

tahaqureshi said:
When NZ were batting...the commentators were only analyzing the batsmen, their technical strokes, their statistics and all the different facets of their game. The only time they talked about Pakistan was to say how crap they were doing.

Now I understand that Pakistan didn't deserve accolades, but there was NO neutral technical analysis of our players. The only thing they would do from time to time is look at Asif's stats and go "wow, he's an excellent bowlers..wow."

And NOW..when Pakistan are batting..they're only talking about the NZ bowlers and how they have progressed over the past years like Tuffey, Martin etc. They even commented on O'Brien leaving to be with his wife and how its a noble thing to do.

Yet no analysis of these two Pakistani batsmen who have a lot to prove. They have both been out of the game for a while and are mature and experienced enough to be discussed at length.

Its typical of NZ commentators.

tahaqureshi said:

I agree 1000000000%

How placid is this pitch? I feel for our bowlers who had to bowl on this with our fielders supporting them like only they can.

For Martin dismissal Commentator saying Martin should be disappointed. He practiced that shot in the morning :))

From Cricinfo commentary comments

Arzoo: "I doubt about the possible easy victory you are talking about. Pakistan has a very good batting line up which can build a strong reply in this flat pitch. I wont surprise if Pakistan end up today with around 180 for 1/2 wickets and extends the innings more than 500 tomorrow which will put NZL a stiff task on fifth day pitch in front of Asif and Kaneria."

:)))

Salam bhaiyo.

This is Inshallah going to be a snatching-victory-from-the-jaws-of-defeat variety of match for us. Please free your schedules for the final day.

Phir na kehna khabar na huee!

Extreme Pace said:

Arzoo: "I doubt about the possible easy victory you are talking about. Pakistan has a very good batting line up which can build a strong reply in this flat pitch. I wont surprise if Pakistan end up today with around 180 for 1/2 wickets and extends the innings more than 500 tomorrow which will put NZL a stiff task on fifth day pitch in front of Asif and Kaneria."

Surely an 'Arzoo' there!

i know nz have had a relatively weak bowling attack in the last 2 matches, and the pitches have been reasonable for batting, but still, these 2 have done a better than decent job.....60, 40 something, failed in the first innings here, and 50* right now........now if we can get some middle order help, their may be some hope in australia after all

Extreme Pace said:

Extreme Optimism.

A passionate fan. :)

Extreme Pace said:

..pak does have a good line up only if they play consistently and properly..Yusuf, misbah, Akmals and Salman have proved it before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back