Pakistan vs Australia | Abu Dhabi | 3rd ODI | 27/4/09 | Australia Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Runs
11,911
Few hours to go to the crucial 3rd match. How Pakistan perform in this one will go a long way in deciding the series. Inshallah Shehzad will do well at the top of the order if selected. With Jamshed back home, he should get the remaining 3 matches. We need a positive start. Will the fastmen actually take some wkts?
 
Feel like jacking it all in and flying back .... withdrawal symptoms in progress.... :(
 
Have a feeling Akhtar will do something this game...either get some wickets, get injured or involve himself in some controversy. Afridi has had 2 good games in a row so he is due a flop. A few of the Pakistan batsmen are due to make scores though.
 
Shazad's big game - no doubt about that
 
The latest weather:
 

Attachments

  • ad_weather.JPG
    ad_weather.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 162
I really want Pakistan to win this match. They can go on to lose the series if they can't do without it, but win this one somehow.
 
I expect runs at the top of the order by Shahzad, a good knock by our captain and some good bowling by Akhtar.

Akhtar's bowled well but has been unlucky in the first two matches. Hope there's some luck on his side and rips through the Aussie batting.

I have a feeling Akmal will miss a few chances today.
 
Tanvir has to play. He's played 3 games at Abu Dhabi and picked up 7 wickets at an average of 15. He has to play.
 
Its too hot for Akhtar - if he doesnt get a wicket in the first 3 overs he bowls, he wont get any more...
 
Sheikh said:
Tanvir has to play. He's played 3 games at Abu Dhabi and picked up 7 wickets at an average of 15. He has to play.

totally agree
 
What about the pitch? Will it be easier to score on? And will it be more helpful for faster bowlers?
 
Can't wait to see
ahmadshahzadsm2.png
in action..
 
Easy win for the Aussies i reckon..they have already shown that they can handle the spinners.
 
If both Tanvir and Fawad are included then we can bat first...

otherwise, we may like to bat 2nd...
 
maamrut said:
Easy win for the Aussies i reckon..they have already shown that they can handle the spinners.


No! They were struggling against Afridi and Ajmal (till the grip problem came into action).
 
Intresting FACT about ajmal:

Saeed Ajmal has only collected only 1 wicket in two matches at AbuDhabi (while giving 73 runs collectively), thats his worst performances on any ground where he has played more then one match...
 
About afridi:


He has collected 8 wickets in 7 matches at Abu Dhabi (with avg. of 37.37).. It is his 4th worst ground where he has played (and bowled in) more then 5 matches...
 
Last edited:
With the controversy around his action - how effective will Ajmal be today? Have a feeling that Fawad may come in his place - also a good batting option
 
SHOAIB AKTHAR HAS NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE MATCH ON THIS GROUND!!!! IF HE PLAYED THIS ONE, IT WILL BE HIS FIRST MATCH ON THIS GROUND!!!
 
Some batting Stats...


Salman Butt: Batted 6 times and scored 141 runs collectively. (Thats horrible)... He averaged 23.50 on this ground....

Malik (bit better): 8 innings with total 263 runs (avg. 37.57 with best of 79* )
 
Misbah-ul-haq: 3 innings - 138 runs total with best of 79*- Avg: 69.00 (Superb)

and finally,

Y2K: 5 innings - 267 runs total - best of 101 - avg. of 66.75 (good)
 
On_the_up said:
I don't have a good feeling about this match, I hope I am wrong.

All bad feeling types will be banned :D
 
Pakistan batting has been pretty poor in Both games and that needs to improve!

Secondly despite bowling well the Pakistan new ball bowlers need to take some wickets.
 
The main question is that whether Pakistan should bat first or field first. Surely, today match won't be on Dubai that field first always win the match, and expected the same on Abu Dhabi, maybe? But Pakistan needs to bat well because our bowlers aren't good enough compared to the new rusty Australian bowling attack without Lee, Tait and Johnson.
 
MalikMohsin said:
The main question is that whether Pakistan should bat first or field first. Surely, today match won't be on Dubai that field first always win the match, and expected the same on Abu Dhabi, maybe? But Pakistan needs to bat well because our bowlers aren't good enough compared to the new rusty Australian bowling attack without Lee, Tait and Johnson.

Then why did Pakistan decide to bat first even after winning the toss last game?
 
Last edited:
You never know. Pakistan team is unpredictable. Pakistan used to win by batting first, then lately Pakistan started to win by chasing. You never know what's coming for Pakistan.

But the advantage was to bat first and put up reasonable target to defend, because of dew light, and therefore, it helps fast bowlers in the first 25 overs to swing bit.

Given the understanding of our batting line, and i suggest we should field first capable to chase in somehow?
 
Last edited:
MalikMohsin said:
You never know. Pakistan team is unpredictable. Pakistan used to win by batting first, then lately Pakistan started to win by chasing. You never know what's coming for Pakistan.

But the advantage was to bat first and put up reasonable target to defend, because of dew light, and therefore, it helps fast bowlers in the first 25 overs to swing bit.

Given the understanding of our batting line, and i suggest we should field first capable to chase in somehow?

Please do :D
 
That would have been possible if Shoaib Malik was the captain. Younus Khan is bit arrogant, and the wish for fielding first after winning the toss can not be possible. Well, You never know if he plans to kick Sohail Tanveer out of the squad by fielding first? ;-)
 
blinding light said:
Akhtar is suffering from viral infection and MAY be rested for today's game - DAWN News.

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect...es-pacemen-to-produce-early-breakthroughs--07

Well, if that happens then I'd rather see Tanvir in place.

You sure he is suffering from viral infection? That doesn't look good. People are suffering from any disease nowadays. That's not looking good. Good to see Tanveer for his comeback. He better perform or else, he will be overlooked as Younus is not favorable about the selecting Sohail Tanveer.
 
well i would like to see the following changes for today's game

Ahmed Shehzad for Butt
Tanvir for Rao
Arafat for Akhtar
Alam for Malik

We need to pack all rounders if we are to win against Australia...Hopes, Symonds, Watson have done very well based on their all round capabilities

Having Shehzad opening with Akmal will give our side the aggressive boost Butt could not deliver. Similarly Malik has been out of touch so Alam's incluson would be benefitital as he i very handy with the bowl as well and can cause problems to the Australians who would not have studied him that much.

Arafat and Tanvir and give a good support to Gul and Arafat off and leg cutters can create problems because of the slowness of the pitch.

All in all Pakistan ha to select a balanced team, something they have not done in the 1st two games.
 
b0wld said:
well i would like to see the following changes for today's game



We need to pack all rounders if we are to win against Australia...Hopes, Symonds, Watson have done very well based on their all round capabilities





All in all Pakistan ha to select a balanced team, something they have not done in the 1st two games.

Agreed. Essentially it once again will come down to team selection. The game will be largely decided via team selection. Be bold, make necessary changes, win. Play favorites, keep the friendship circle going, play mediocre players, lose. Will Pakistan also be bold enough to find some way to get fawad alam into the squad? I doubt it. But if they shock me and do, surely they will have a serious shot at winning the match, and putting a stranglehold on this series. It is in the selectors hands.
 
Last edited:
My line up
Butt
Shehzad
Younis
Malik
Misbah
Afridi
Akmal
Alam
Tanvir
Akhter
Gul

This way we have three wicket taking fast bowlers and we bat very deep also.... although ajmal has done remarkably well but with the controversy surrounding his action i wont think so he will be a safe bet in today's match...
Also we have six bowlers including Alam and malik sharing the 10 overs of the 5th bowler
 
:))

Another important factor today is how we bowl to Symonds.

If his last innings is anything to go by, he will be our most important wicket. Hopefully, Pakistan have done some homework to dislodge Symonds - who in my view, could be the real diff between 2 sides.
 
I think Pakistan should bring in Alam for Butt, Tanvir for Akthar and Arafat for Rao.
 
MIG said:
Feel like jacking it all in and flying back .... withdrawal symptoms in progress.... :(

MIG said:
All bad feeling types will be banned :D


The heat is getting to you MIG. You're starting to act bipolar :D


blinding light said:
Akhtar is suffering from viral infection and MAY be rested for today's game - DAWN News.

Isn't that what they said last time. I guess in Akhtar's case, if they report it often enough, he'll do his best to oblige (sigh)
 
NEWS FROM ARY ONE WORLD:
Both Shoaib and Rao are out - Tanvir and Arafat are in...
 
Random Aussie said:
Have a feeling Akhtar will do something this game...either get some wickets, get injured or involve himself in some controversy. Afridi has had 2 good games in a row so he is due a flop. A few of the Pakistan batsmen are due to make scores though.
Just heard on ARY news a reporter saying there are rumors that Akhtar (and Rao) might not play this match. Supposedly Akhtar had a "viral infection", and both are being rested for Tanvir and Arafat...
 
abc_to_xyz said:
NEWS FROM ARY ONE WORLD:
Both Shoaib and Rao are out - Tanvir and Arafat are in...

Not confirmed - just a report that it may happen
 
Good move - it really beefs up our batting at the expense of fast bowlers who have been next to useless this series. The spinners are where it is at.
 
abc_to_xyz said:
NEWS FROM ARY ONE WORLD:
Both Shoaib and Rao are out - Tanvir and Arafat are in...

Finally, the dream i just saw was no longer dream? That's weird. I hope both Tanvir and Arafat bowl well together and provide little support with the bat. :D
 
Which 2 players have Aus dropped? Typical ARY - mention it but dont say who!
 
abc_to_xyz said:
NEWS FROM ARY ONE WORLD:
Both Shoaib and Rao are out - Tanvir and Arafat are in...

Hope This is true! :)
 
I guess Aussies are just rotating players to keep them fresh.
 
If Arafat, Tanvir do play it does give pakistans batting more depth!
 
YK says he would like to have batted 1st...well thats what it sounded like with Dean Jones dodgy microphone...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top