Pakistan (178/5) defeat New Zealand (169) by 9 runs in a thrilling encounter to level the 5-match series at 2-2

Which side will win the 5th and final T20I match between Pakistan and New Zealand

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan is set to face off against New Zealand in the fifth T20I of a five-match series. The inaugural match between the two teams was canceled due to rain, with the hosts taking victory in the second match. However, the Blackcaps rallied to take the lead in the series with a 2-1 score.

The fifth match is scheduled to take place at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore today. This series is seen as a morale booster for the hosts, as they will also be participating in the T20 World Cup, which is slated to be held in the USA and West Indies in June later this year.

YVFj2R2.png

Squads:

Pakistan
Squad: Saim Ayub, Babar Azam(c), Usman Khan(w), Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Abbas Afridi, Usama Mir, Mohammad Amir, Zaman Khan, Haseebullah Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Naseem Shah, Abrar Ahmed

New Zealand Squad: Tim Robinson, Tom Blundell(w), Dean Foxcroft, Mark Chapman, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell(c), Josh Clarkson, Ish Sodhi, Jacob Duffy, Ben Sears, William ORourke, Tim Seifert, Cole McConchie, Zakary Foulkes, Ben Lister

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Pakistan should be winning this one. Naseem and Abrar should be back in the team for Zaman and Usama Mir. We should be done now with Usama, he is not international material.

Pakistan should be winning this one. Naseem and Abrar should be back in the team for Zaman and Usama Mir. We should be done now with Usama, he is not international material.
Mate, we've been saying this since the 2nd game, "Pakistan should win this one"

Damage has already been done. It shoes the massive gap between these 2 teams.

England coming back to form in IPL and t20 being their best format for bazzball basically means Australia, England, NZ and India are a sure shot qualification.

England coming back to form in IPL and t20 being their best format for bazzball basically means Australia, England, NZ and India are a sure shot qualification.
For semifinals of World T20? That's impossible.

To be fair we've not played our best team yet babar is just playing musical chairs with the players. Worst captain ever.

The day we had the attack of amir shaheen naseem and abrar we won the game But our batting line up was poor. Even tough we win thr game due to small total

Last game our batting line up was spot on but bowling attack was poor batsmen couldn't win the game due to bowlers giving too much on the board

Captaincy is effecting babars own perfmance and I think he's mentally disturbed. He's deteriating for the past 2 years

To be fair we've not played our best team yet babar is just playing musical chairs with the players. Worst captain ever.

The day we had the attack of amir shaheen naseem and abrar we won the game But our batting line up was poor. Even tough we win thr game due to small total

Last game our batting line up was spot on but bowling attack was poor batsmen couldn't win the game due to bowlers giving too much on the board

Captaincy is effecting babars own perfmance and I think he's mentally disturbed. He's deteriating for the past 2 years
A few things.

A) New Zealand isn't playing anything, this team of theirs is even weaker then the one they sent in 2023. So the whole best team mantra does not apply.

B) that was game 1 where they collapsed, it happens to even the best teams, heck we managed to get 1 W over their A team earlier this year because they collapsed but they butchered us in every game propr especially Finn Allen monster 100.

C) This myth of Shaheen and Naseem needs to end, ironically these 2 have been worse then even abass afridi, Shaheen may have done well in the first game courtesy of collapse but his 128-132 kph won't bother a single soul. Naseem I have hope for cause his line and length sucks but he has pace so if he improves his line and length he'll be spot on. But so far that hasn't happened.

D) As for batting order, here's the harsh reality

1) Saim has been poor, whether he needs to be backed or not is a seprate matter but the kid isn't doing himself any favours atm in 15 International games he's played so far.

2) Same case for UK, both he and saim got a lifeline in the last game but still didn't kick off, I love their intent, both of them want to play for their xountry and want to play attacking cricket but atm they haven't reached their yet.

3) Babar and rizwan are the most stubborn, egotistical people I've seen, both if them have been declining in form since 2022 at an alarming rate with babar's avg falling from 48 to 40(39 very soon) and his sr as well, Rizwan isn't doing himself any favours with Sr of 110, but their loyal fan base is beyond delusional at this point, Their deliberately ignoring this key statisitc and will say things like

Last year Bobby got a 100 and rizzu got a 98, or remember back in 2021, aka the last time they actually performed against A string attacks. With their current form, these 2 snowflakes won't bother anyone.

4) Chacha (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

5) Shadab: to be fair to him, He tries his best and his heart is in the right place. He wants more impact players and as a captain he's > Babar easily. But he himself is a club level player. Batting wise he's a tailender who can occasionally slog a 40 of 20 every 20 to 25 games, aka 1 in 25 lol. And bowling wise he's beyond horrible.

It's only fakhar and imad, Babar is too stubborn to let imad bat at no 5 which is the position he batted in and was the most succesful in psl, but sends 2 losers like shadab and chavja over him.

Fakhar is the best white ball batsmen but he's inconsistent, he'll function when he wants to and only pur pakiatani fans think that someone like shahid afridi(fakhar) who is inconsistent but will win games eventually shpuld be replaced for someone like bavuma (rizwan) in opening

Well if you feel that our best XI can win this and this is a series meant to get our combination right etc, then BA has done a splendid job.

My fear is that we will also struggle with our best side.

Kick babar Azam out of captaincy and opening slot as well.
It's just sad to see him Pakistan's captain yet again.
He is misbah reincarnated.

Changes are necessary if babar wants to win something. Like in today's game, we cannot afford USama, he needs to go.

Bowling attack was poor last game? 178 is a big total now in T20 cricket? The batting has been horrible in all three games so far,

This dinosaur thinking is the reason we are not even in the same stratosphere as the rest of the world when it comes to batting.

I get the feeling that Babar will drop Imad citing rest and bring Abrar.

Bowling attack was poor last game? 178 is a big total now in T20 cricket? The batting has been horrible in all three games so far,

This dinosaur thinking is the reason we are not even in the same stratosphere as the rest of the world when it comes to batting.

For you it would be the batting because rizwan isn't playing 🤣

We bowled newzealand for 90 when we had our full attack of naseem shaheen amir and abrar
Were you sleeping that game?

And yes allowing newzealand C/D score 178 Is a big total its equivalent to 200+ if any full strength team was playing

It's the lack of you cricket knowledge and unconditional love for Babar and rizwan
Stop being a fan girl and wake-up

We bowled newzealand for 90 when we had our full attack of naseem shaheen amir and abrar

And yes allowing newzealand C/D score 178 Is a big total its equivalent to 200+ if any full strength team was playing

It's the lack of you cricket knowledge and unconditional love for Babar and rizwan
Stop being a fan girl and wake-up
Rizwan was playing in the first two games, and I am on record saying none of these pretenders, whether its Rizwan, Babar or any of your bhanjay bhateejay who you want as openers, are good enough to tie the shoe-laces of the best T20 players in world cricket today.

I guess in the excitement to justify how the batting order was so good in the last game, you missed the part where I said the batting has been horrible in all three games.

Some of us are not delusional to believe changing the openers will rocket Pakistan to the top in T20 cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Pakistan will falter in this match. The morale of the New Zealanders is high

Yesterday’s IPL game just makes this kind of game irrelevant in my opinion.

The kind of range hitting prowess batsmen all over the world have at the moment, it won’t matter how good a bowling attack you have, you will have to out-muscle the opposition.

We are so far behind, it’s just disheartening to even watch Pakistan play anymore.

Rizwan was playing in the first two games genius, and I am on record saying none of these pretenders, whether its Rizwan, Babar or any of your bhanjay bhateejay who you want as openers, are good enough to tie the shoe-laces of the best T20 players in world cricket today.

I guess in the excitement to justify how the batting order was so good in the last game, you missed the part where I said the batting has been horrible in all three games.

Some of us are not delusional to believe changing the openers will rocket Pakistan to the top in T20 cricket.
first game was NR

second game Target was 90 rizwans presence Didn't matter even shaheen and naseem would of chased that

Third game was lost due to Babar and rizwan slow run rate setting the target newzealand kids chased it in 18 overs. Saim did his job and rizwan didn't complete that game

Forth game was good intent by all batters except your shadab and your chacha who wasted balls... imad nearly won it for us striking at 200 had he had another 2 or 3 balls we would have won it even though pakistan should have not allow newzealand rack up that total

I don't know what games you been watching you can stoop any low just to defend Babar and rizwan as if they are you rishtedaar

Yes lot of us care who opens because we want pakistan to win and we are not going to win with babar and rizwan slow approach

first game was NR

second game Target was 90 rizwans presence Didn't matter even shaheen and naseem would of chased that

Third game was lost due to Babar and rizwan slow run rate setting the target newzealand kids chased it in 18 overs. Saim did his job and rizwan didn't complete that game

Forth game was good intent by all batters except your shadab and your chacha who wasted balls... imad nearly won it for us striking at 200 had he had another 2 or 3 balls we would have won it even though pakistan should have not allow newzealand rack up that total

I don't know what games you been watching you can stoop any low just to defend Babar and rizwan as if they are you rishtedaar

Yes lot of us care who opens because we want pakistan to win and we are not going to win with babar and rizwan slow approach

You wrote all of this just to input how your hero Imad Wasim did well by slicing a couple of shots over third man, and not even be good enough to get any elevation on his last stroke when 6 were required off the last ball?

Most here who argue with your toxic kind are actually laughing at the suggestion that making mediocre players as openers will lead to any kind of success, when the actual issue is the lack of quality in our players.

They cannot play like most T20 bats in the world are playing right now, we just don’t have the talent.

You can continue playing your favourites as openers in the powerplay but the result will be worse than what you are getting with the limited capacity of Babar-Rizwan.

I don’t think anyone here is dumb enough to suggest Babar and Rizwan are top T20 bats, if someone does they will need their heads checked just like yours needs to be checked aswell immediately.

Also what job has Saim Ayub done so far? Saim has spectacularly bombed at international level, and the only job he has done is make people like you more delusional and cricket illiterate.

Stop being a fan girl and wawake-up
Bro that was because NZ collapsed. Any team can collapse on certain days. A full strength MZ team collapsed to Pakistan this Jan. Doesn't mean it'll always happen.

Shaheen and naseem have been bowling the poorest out of the bunch.

Amir and Abass afridi are better on current form in this series.

Abrar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Usama yes.

You wrote all of this just to input how your hero Imad Wasim did well by slicing a couple of shots over third man, and not even be good enough to get any elevation on his last stroke when 6 were required off the last ball?

Most here who argue with your toxic kind are actually laughing at the suggestion that making mediocre players as openers will lead to any kind of success, when the actual issue is the lack of quality in our players.

They cannot play like most T20 bats in the world are playing right now, we just don’t have the talent.

You can continue playing your favourites as openers in the powerplay but the result will be worse than what you are getting with the limited capacity of Babar-Rizwan.

I don’t think anyone here is dumb enough to suggest Babar and Rizwan are top T20 bats, if someone does they will need their heads checked just like yours needs to be checked aswell immediately.

Also what job has Saim Ayub done so far? Saim has spectacularly bombed at international level, and the only job he has done is make people like you more delusional and cricket illiterate.
Imad wasim batted better then everybody in the game, Striking at over 200 for a no 7 Is amazing.

Reason we lost that game was due to chacha, and ignorant people like major can't process this fact.

Getting 13 of 4 would be impossible given usama mir was and tail enders were batting at the other end.

Heck this was the equation in 2019 and Ben Stokes was unable to get said runs, he got luck thanks to a lucky deflection.

It doesn't matter if its neesham, hitting 10 of 2 is difficult for anyone especially a batter who's faced only 11 deliveries.

Theirs a game against england that we played 13 years ago, Misbah was also at a stage where he had to get 6 of the last ball but wasn't able to, Yet I don't see someone like @Major critising misbah for it, even though the bowler at the other end was a toothless spinner.

As I said, Chacha is to blame here. Your critiquing imad who's been the best lower order batter for Pakistan, whereas chacha and shadab who've been mainstring have been horrify poor.

Chacha asia cup final performance is the biggest example of how much of a loser this guy is in international cricket. Misbah 2.0 chocker lol.

This thread is for the Match this evening only.

These shameless individuals should stay in the dressing room. Haven’t they embarrassed the nation enough !!

These shameless individuals should stay in the dressing room. Haven’t they embarrassed the nation enough !!
Tbh bro, I'll be fair to Babar atleast.

He's a horrific captain but the replacements haven't impressed beyond fakhar who's your standard old gun.

Saim and usman haven't made a case to replace rizwan and babar for good sadly. Imad has made a case to replace Chacha though or shadab.

But the point I'd as @PakEngFan pointed out, we have multiple options, We have Abdullah shafiq( 53 avg and 135 sr in psl over rizwans 33 avg and 110 sr), Saud shakeel (35 avg and 142 sr in psl), Tayyab tahir (42 avg and 152 sr)

And if you count odi then omair bin aziz is their, Haris has been poor but his 2022 performance makes him a good candidate as a backup keeper.

Regardless whoever they choose, Babar and rizwan cannot and should not open, especially when babar showed last series against a full strength NZ team that he's far better at no 3 then opening and his stats prove it. Mr selfish no 1 needs to stop and think statistically and mentally for the team for once. Rizwan if he plays needs to be no 4 if anchoring is nesscary. Pp 1 needs to be utilised by an aggressive pair.

Why do you think they send their C team? Over IPL?

For 2 reasons

A) IPL has more money.

B) Pakistan is a minnow team in NZ's eyes.
Its mostly IPL money. I won't call Pak minnow considering Pak defeated them in WC recently. Its also unwillingness of white players to visit poor developing countries. Some NZ players also pulled out who are not playing IPL. They used to do same to India before IPL became a money spinner.

Babar
Saim
Usman
Fakhar
Shadab
Ifthikar
Imad
Shaheen
Naseem
Amir
Abrar

Play this team and pak got this.

He is being asked to rotate the players by the clown management above. Babar is one of those captains who stick to the same playing X1 for long period of time.

Imad wasim batted better then everybody in the game, Striking at over 200 for a no 7 Is amazing.

Reason we lost that game was due to chacha, and ignorant people like major can't process this fact.

Getting 13 of 4 would be impossible given usama mir was and tail enders were batting at the other end.

Heck this was the equation in 2019 and Ben Stokes was unable to get said runs, he got luck thanks to a lucky deflection.

It doesn't matter if its neesham, hitting 10 of 2 is difficult for anyone especially a batter who's faced only 11 deliveries.

Theirs a game against england that we played 13 years ago, Misbah was also at a stage where he had to get 6 of the last ball but wasn't able to, Yet I don't see someone like @Major critising misbah for it, even though the bowler at the other end was a toothless spinner.

As I said, Chacha is to blame here. Your critiquing imad who's been the best lower order batter for Pakistan, whereas chacha and shadab who've been mainstring have been horrify poor.

Chacha asia cup final performance is the biggest example of how much of a loser this guy is in international cricket. Misbah 2.0 chocker lol.
Misbah was criticizing no end for that game and was made the reason to retire from t20i.

That only proves imad wasim was at fault for the previous game..

Anyways give it a rest and move on

He is being asked to rotate the players by the clown management above. Babar is one of those captains who stick to the same playing X1 for long period of time.

everyone is asking Babar to rotate players and they rightfully are, but babar is just not capable of rotating players. just cant just play a very top bowling line up one day and the a very poor bowling line up the next day. he needs to mix it up

Misbah was criticizing no end for that game and was made the reason to retire from t20i.

Do you remember what happened that game and why he was criticised? I know the poster above made a wrong point but just to be clear.

I am never giving it a rest until you acknowledge chacha was the biggest fault and the sole culprit.

As for Misbah, I'm ironically suprised by your response because I was actually defending Misbah in this instance as to why he shouldn't have been forced to retire. Granted he ain't a t20 player but that doesn't mean they shpuld have forced his hand for that game.

If anything 2007 is where he should have been given the boot.

Do you remember what happened that game and why he was criticised? I know the poster above made a wrong point but just to be clear.
What wrong point? Is chacha not the biggest culprit? Is 100 SR excusable for a no 6? Leaving forcing your team to chase 30 of 12 with only batter and another tail ender at the crease?

Chacha played 4 overs, so please tell me what fault?

What wrong point? Is chacha not the biggest culprit? Is 100 SR excusable for a no 6? Leaving forcing your team to chase 30 of 12 with only batter and another tail ender at the crease?

Chacha played 4 overs, so please tell me what fault?
The wrong point is about the Misbah England game. If I remember correctly and we are talking about the same game, Misbah came in when the require RR was very low and we were a couple of wickets down and ahead of the rate. He proceeded to tuk tuk to such a level that he took the equation to 6 off the last ball and then flopped.

No one ever gets criticised for not getting 6 off the last ball, of course not.

Should Pakistan continue with the rotation policy or bring all their aces back and look to level the series?

The wrong point is about the Misbah England game. If I remember correctly and we are talking about the same game, Misbah came in when the require RR was very low and we were a couple of wickets down and ahead of the rate. He proceeded to tuk tuk to such a level that he took the equation to 6 off the last ball and then flopped.

No one ever gets criticised for not getting 6 off the last ball, of course not.
Ik what misbah did during that game, that game was horrible, if anything that game reminded me of the innings rizwan and Chacha played in asia cup final.

It was so horrible that misbah deserved a boot, regardless I'm still trying to defend misbah to a certain extent because I wish to know why major prefers and defends these chacha and rizwan like bochers.

If he hates inad for not finishing the game, then in asia cup 2022, he should be starting an entire Facebook hate campaign against rizwan and chacha because unlike imad, these 2 started at a favourable position.

However he doesn't say a word and calls their batting great, proceeding to claim rizzu and Babar opening needs to be restored and chacha deserved to go to the wc but imad doesn't

I'm exposing the double standards basically.

Too many bowlers!

Why do you need Usama?

Bring in Agha and bowl the 5th bowler overs with him, Shadab, Saim and Iftikhar.

You have so many choices, absolutely ridiculous.

Babar said they are looking at par score. 180-190.

They aren't even learning. This is their high intent and strike rate thought. 180-190.
It's like he doesn't watch any cricket outside of the matches Pakistan play.

In IPL we're seeing 250 plus ! Come on, let's set our sights a bit higher.

Babar Azam's whole thought process is corroded to the core.
He has very low IQ. It boils my blood to see him captaining national team again.

Bro that was because NZ collapsed. Any team can collapse on certain days. A full strength MZ team collapsed to Pakistan this Jan. Doesn't mean it'll always happen.

Shaheen and naseem have been bowling the poorest out of the bunch.

Amir and Abass afridi are better on current form in this series.

Abrar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Usama yes.

i was referring to the games before afridi took 3 wickert at the moment he definitely is the better in the series

today i would go with abbas afridi, amir, shaheen and Abrar and i can guarantee you newzealand will going through another collapse what happened in the 2nd t20i wasn't a fluke.

in the third t20i i agree naseem and shaheen were disasters. bowling is done in partnerships this is why you need amir in the side otherwise shaheen and naseem and go off track easily after getting hit a few

now in the 4th t20i you have amir but no shaheen and naseem and your opening with imad whose just got back from retirement.

captain should have gone with what worked for him in the 2nd t20i and if you going to make a change make 1 or 2 change but instead changed the whole bowling lineup and strategy , only captain is responsible for this disaster

usama has no business in the bowling lineup

Usama is the worst bowlers I had ever seen at this level and he keeps selected this trash game after game

i was referring to the games before afridi took 3 wickert at the moment he definitely is the better in the series

today i would go with abbas afridi, amir, shaheen and Abrar and i can guarantee you newzealand will going through another collapse what happened in the 2nd t20i wasn't a fluke.

in the third t20i i agree naseem and shaheen were disasters. bowling is done in partnerships this is why you need amir in the side otherwise shaheen and naseem and go off track easily after getting hit a few

now in the 4th t20i you have amir but no shaheen and naseem and your opening with imad whose just got back from retirement.

captain should have gone with what worked for him in the 2nd t20i and if you going to make a change make 1 or 2 change but instead changed the whole bowling lineup and strategy , only captain is responsible for this disaster

usama has no business in the bowling lineup
Based of the squad it seems you won't get your wish mate. Parchi usama selected again.

Usama is the worst bowler I had ever seen at this level and he keeps selected this trash game after game

What is wrong with Babar Azams attitude? "We are looking to score 180-190". It should be "we are looking for 220 plus".

180 is nothing for a chasing team in dewy conditions.

this is not a bad shout the only thorn is usama mir, abrar should have played instead

imad needs to play at 5 or 6

team is a lot more balanced without rizwan, now i don't mind babar holding his wicket while everyone else play around him

issue is when 2 people are holding their wicket and no one to play around then

They can't win the match without Shaheen, that's why they included him in the playing XI for the 5th T20I

I want to see Ayub bowl today, he is really under utilitsed as has the potential to be our best spinner in out T20 side after Abrar imo

hope the bowling is opened with amir and shaheen, should be no spinner for the first 4 overs

Predict how much Pakistan will set total for New Zealand, i guess near 170 only

Ik what misbah did during that game, that game was horrible, if anything that game reminded me of the innings rizwan and Chacha played in asia cup final.

It was so horrible that misbah deserved a boot, regardless I'm still trying to defend misbah to a certain extent because I wish to know why major prefers and defends these chacha and rizwan like bochers.

If he hates inad for not finishing the game, then in asia cup 2022, he should be starting an entire Facebook hate campaign against rizwan and chacha because unlike imad, these 2 started at a favourable position.

However he doesn't say a word and calls their batting great, proceeding to claim rizzu and Babar opening needs to be restored and chacha deserved to go to the wc but imad doesn't

I'm exposing the double standards basically.
But your example is wrong, simple as that.

Misbah's hate or not hate on that game has nothing to do with not hitting a six on the final ball. And no one gets hate for not hitting a six on the final ball.

It's the players (including the one batting at the end) who didn't do anything in the 10+ balls they had before, that get criticised.

Maybe spinner will get some turn later on this track but it looks batting heaven tonight

What is wrong with Babar Azams attitude? "We are looking to score 180-190". It should be "we are looking for 220 plus".

180 is nothing for a chasing team in dewy conditions.
Tbf I think the statement is fine. Its better then his usual , we are looking at 160

Back