Pakistan Vs South Africa: Test 1: Day 4 Score updates and comments

End might be nigh - but the Charge of the "Pakistani Tale Ender brigade" shall be remembered for ages ..

Asif a bit of bunny i think with the bat...he is'nt striking the ball well...hope kaneria continues with the blitz from other end ! Barry richards saying pakistan have a chance now ....says asif and kaneria vital as chief wicket takers for pakistan.

pitch has some scruff marks, Harris was getting uneven bounce and turn...

but saffies forgot about him... haha

hopefully Rana and Nazir can swing it and take some wickets to help Asif and Kaneria..

I hope kaneria can finish it of with a half century and Asif for 20 runs..

Kallis bowling good length balls... kaneria misses 3 balls.... 190 plus lead is good to fight with

I never ever thought id see the day where i jump with joy when Kaneria retains the strike

And I never thought I would see the day when there are 4/5 fielders on the boundary with Kaneria batting

Kallis is a professional, one of my fav players.... no trash talking.. just runs in and bowls good line n length..

93.6 Pollock to Mohammad Asif, no run, Asif survives. Fullish, outside the off stump, angling away, Asif tries to drill it through the off side ring and is beaten.
This didnt sound good.. lucky to surviv

Clip off his legs by kaneria.

Lead 191

Pak 295/9

Yours truly has been wanting to go to the toilet for the last hour, but I darent move away from my pc and tv.

1 more to Danish

CrickFan said:
Inzy looking very down for some reason in the dressing room

Well not depressed but cool and calm. The job is not done yet.

south africa coach micky shaking his head in disbelief.... guys all saffies are shocked !!!

94.2 Kallis to Danish Kaneria, no run, banged in short, over off stump line, Kaneria tries to hit it away across the line and is beaten by the extra bounce

Noman said:
Guys can someone discribe the pitch?
Bounce is low but uneven--rears up awkwardly at times and it should also turn--Asif with his in-cutters and Danish should fancy this- i hope :D

NIce shot by Asif, guided to deep point and retains the strike.

Should be a good run chase - SA to win by 3 wickets. They are at home and have a lot of depth in their batting. It's harsh on the Pak bowlers though who have bowled their best and contributed more with the bat than the batsmen in this test!

2 runs taken this over.... barry richards saying mickey yard frustrated, richards sayd between nazir, rana and kaneria pakistan has got 100 runs !!!...

Saj said:
Yours truly has been wanting to go to the toilet for the last hour, but I darent move away from my pc and tv.

1 more to Danish
If you even move an inch - you will be declared a Ghaddar by this forum ..

stylish square drive by asif.

2 runs lead is 194

Saj said:

1 more to Danish

I got a presentation today, and 3 hours of meetings and I am running on 4 hours fo sleep! I cant leave either!

For a second I thought Kaneria would refuse that single to retain strike next over :D

Amir said:
I got a presentation today, and 3 hours of meetings and I am running on 4 hours fo sleep! I cant leave either!

Dont move Amir, if you or I move away from the tv, they'll be out :p

298/9.... barry richards saying that south africa were looking to wrap it up today but that looks remote now ...

Whippy said:
Should be a good run chase - SA to win by 3 wickets. They are at home and have a lot of depth in their batting. It's harsh on the Pak bowlers though who have bowled their best and contributed more with the bat than the batsmen in this test!

Oh chup kar khotay!

Geordie Ahmed said:
shudnt have ran that single - Danish needs the hog the strike if we wanna pass 200 :9:
Hes pitting faith in the tail ala Steve Waugh :p

Rameez says body language of saffies not good... :)) barry says pakistan have got some pychological advantage after the blitz of nazir, rana and kaneria.

15 minutes for water break, and then 1 hour of play..

SAffies just tied Kaneria's sneakers.... sabotage? or just Cricket gentlemanness..?

Current partnership 15 runs, 3.5 overs, RR: 3.91 (Danish Kaneria 11, Mohammad Asif 4)

Beauty by Asif for 4. Cover drive.

Lead is 198 now and there are 27 overs left today

Clearly faisal Iqbal is the weakest batsman in the side...

Get your fifty Asif! thats it, elegant coverdrive for four!!

Back