Pakistan Vs South Africa: Test 1: Day 4 Score updates and comments

Asif looking good now. Like a actualy batsmen. from bunny to anwar!

I am sorry to say I have missed my Zohar prayers --just glanced at the time- its Asar start time already here in the UK-- well- Hope this means something to us--Pakistan team now has to win !
Asif drives one through covers like Akram!! Now I have seen it all!!

RIchards says text book stuff from Asif...

that is a HUGE compliment from a batting great...

btw Asif has 18 runs in test cricket prior to this innings

I think too much test cricket is starting for the SAffies, normally they would have cleaned up the tail within minutes.. I think Pak will win this oneee

Kaneria gone. Goes for the sweep and Gibbs pouches it.

Pakistan lead 198. (target 199 runs)

and thats the end.

Against the spin, hit high and Gibbs takes the catch.

SA need 199 to win.

Game on.

Tail has scored 100 runs in 102 balls!
Smith finally wakes up and brings Harris on, and he gets a wicket with his 2nd ball.

Dani out for 23 Well played!! SA need 199 to win. COME ON PAKISTAN!!!

South africa needs 199 runs to win ... kaneria top edges harris and caught by gibbs.... Excellent effort by pakistan...should be a treat to watch pakistan bowl... The wicket is slow...pakistan need to stick to basics nothing extravagant needed.

well thats the end ,but what a great job the tailenders have done ,put pakistan to fight for the match ,draw or may be win it.

Tremendous performance from the tail to add almost 100 runs. Were very gritty and determined! C'mon PAKISTAN!

Great batting from all of our tail. Regardless of the result, it was great seeing such a fightback!

Now, lets win this test match!!

Kaneria's legendary knock ends. 199 runs to win for South Africa. A few wickets today would be great!

Kaneria looks so disappointed-- 23- he got- worth its weight in gold- atleast form entertainment point of view-- Go Asif, go Kaneria and hope Rana & Nazir can also do the amazing turn-around like in batting

Imran_The Man! said:
Tail has scored 100 runs in 102 balls!
Smith finally wakes up and brings Harris on, and he gets a wicket with his 2nd ball.

Dani out for 23 Well played!! SA need 199 to win. COME ON PAKISTAN!!!

PAkistan has to get early wickets....
Rana, asif or nazir have to get early wickets, espeacially with the new ball...

they didnt say easy... but they should make these runs...

but they do not know about the PK tigers...

I say SA will be 30-3 after ~20 overs of batting...

Romali_rotti said:
I think too much test cricket is starting for the SAffies, normally they would have cleaned up the tail within minutes.. I think Pak will win this oneee

I hope so but saffies still favourites...anyways great fightback by pakistan..INSHALLAH Pakistan win .

Bilsher007 said:
South africa needs 199 runs to win ... kaneria top edges harris and caught by gibbs.... Excellent effort by pakistan...should be a treat to watch pakistan bowl... The wicket is slow...pakistan need to stick to basics nothing extravagant needed.

Stick to basics nothing extravagant needed when you're defending 190 :))) :)))

this will need something special, you might have enjoyed watching the tailenders but it's still a small-ish target that SA will get 7 or 8 times out of 10!

PepsiCola said:
Commies saying it will by easy for SAF

Let them do bak bak. Let's see what they say when Pakistan win this Inshallah. Pakistan looks hungry and determined, and I'm sure even Rana and Nazir will bowl well in the second innings.

TheSaint said:
Kaneria looks so disappointed-- 23- he got- worth its weight in gold- atleast form entertainment point of view-- Go Asif, go Kaneria and hope Rana & Nazir can also do the amazing turn-around like in batting

Mashallah that is good. A batsmen should be disappointed but he did his job. Great stuff Danil...lets drop Iqbal!

you want to be the new shane warne heres your chance kaneria take a 5-40 for once

Terriffic stuff from Nazir, Rana, Kaneria and even Asif.

And I must give a lot of credit to Farhat to putting up with the nonsense. Very gritty 66!

Excellent effort by Pakistan. Its a very get-able target for SA but its the way Pakistan has played that is important. Even if we loose at this point we lose with honor. Also it has sent a strong message to SA that we are not going to roll over like India, the performance today has shook SA.

Great fight back by The Boys, lets hope the bolwers can swithc it on with the ball as well now and support Asif and Kaneria.

About to recap the session after the ad break Sky Sports, looking forward to seeing that 6 Dani hit to Zimbabwe again :19:

Last edited:
Asif need to continus the way he balls and kaneria it's his time to prove what he's made off. I am watching the match and it's ideal for spin bowlers. I reckin hafeez should bowl a lot of overs along kaneria . Nazir and rana need to stick to basics no loose stuff. And fielders better hold onto chances even if half chances.

Who do you guys think will be the key wicket?
Kallis is always one- but Smith for me is also very important if he goes early-we have a great chance InshaAllah

Come on asif, Dani and co time to take 10 wickets and take 1-0 lead!

The good thing is that Inzi wanted a score of around 230 means he was confident Pakistan gonna win by scoring 230 lead!...but 199 is not too bad aswell considering how Pakistani top 7 fared today..Inzi will take this lead anyday!!...so basically if Inzi is confident of the lead & winning the match with it then it will reflect on the guys!

i feel it will be a good enuff total ..but really we need to come all cylenders firing ..& Asif & Kaneria should deliver when it matters the most!

MIG said:
I also think, this game belongs to whoever wants to win it the most. Pakistan will need to want to win this match. Each run, each delivery will need to be scored or bowled as if their lives depended on it...meek surrender is not an option!

Pakistan have played like they want to win this match and Inshallah, they will finish what they started.

The SA players can swear and sledghe as much as they like now - but a handlful of tailenders have shown them what Cricket is REALLY about.

anyways win or loose...Pakistan has showed they never give up !!...

I m so proud to be a Pakistani team supporter today!!

The key to bowl on this wicket is to bowl as slow as possible, the faster you ball faster boundaries will come. This is a slow wicket therefore no full length deliverie needed.

Need to get out smith, villiers, kallis, prince, gibbs quickly the rest batsmen should wilt under pressure.

Number one wicket is Gibbs. He can cahnge the game whenever he wants! But Kallis and Smith are equaly importatnt.

The real violence is just about to start with the ball. No respite for SAF!!!

Smith will be under pressure as it seems he missed a trick by taking the new ball when Harris was doing well and AB DeVilliers is suspect at the start as well.

Saffie batsmen out now .....Ya ALLAH please give pakistan success... NASRUNMINALLAHI FATEH AN QAREEB !!!

That was a superb delivery from Asif, maybe just pitched outside leg. close

Dang! Smith living dangerously. I still think that ASIF lbw was good as out because it hit his back leg.

Excellent throw to the stumps, thatprevious ball looked out... i got up from my chair and went up to the tv as asif went up to smith for appealing !!!

OHHH rana coming to bowl...not goood.... nazir should open from other end

Back