Pakistan Vs South Africa: Test 1: Day 4 Score updates and comments

Hash said:
16 runs from the last three overs.

You happy now Shan?

of course only if they did that in the morning. Imagine the lead of 100 after launch. :D

Romali_rotti said:
Hope so, I cant believe how PCB is ruining his career :12:

Cant see him coming back whilst Hafeez and IF are doing ok.

UJ said:
What happened guys, I thought Farhat was suppose to get out "any moment now"?

I think Inzi's presence at the other end, and the threat of a pahinti form the Big Man is stopping him playing his natural "brainless" game ;-)

Lets hope he keeps it up, and keeps knuckling down as he has done so far this innings.

148-3, lead is 44.

shan said:
of course only if they did that in the morning. Imagine the lead of 100 after launch. :D

for the loss of 6?

TV says:

Fahat has played a total of 10 scoring shots in 70 balls

5 ones
1 Two
1 Three
3 Fours

Romali_rotti said:
Hope so, I cant believe how PCB is ruining his career :12:

you just want him in the team so he can be pathan's bunny and so pathan can be classed as next wasim akram :p

overlord said:
TV says:

Fahat has played a total of 10 scoring shots in 70 balls

5 ones
1 Two
1 Three
3 Fours

but most importantly he's still there :)

shan said:
If yk was playing like he did yesterday then he would not have lost the wicket to ordinary bowl.

but they were not bowling 'ordinary' were they? They were bowling well!

hasbeen said:
you just want him in the team so he can be pathan's bunny and so pathan can be classed as next wasim akram :p

Damn you got me there :6: Umm but on a serious note; Pathan has been dropped and dont see him coming back anytime soon :19:

Hash said:
but they were not bowling 'ordinary' were they? They were bowling well!

there was no swing or seam movement. The ball was old it was perfect opportunity to score quick runs.

shan said:
there was no swing or seam movement. The ball was old it was perfect opportunity to score quick runs.

i really do question whether or not you are watching the game

Hash said:
i really do question whether or not you are watching the game

at the moment no. I left after watching YK and farhat making 13 runs in 10 overs.

nobody answered my question ! Is Nel sledging Inzi ?

55.3 Nel to Imran Farhat, no run, nasty! banged in short, just outside off, and rears up at the chest, Farhat is cramped for room, hops up, takes the bottom-hand out of the bat-handle, and jabs at it. The ball thuds into the bottom glove. Ouch. There is some pain. He takes his gloves out to inspect his hand. Can't be happy with what he saw. out comes the physio and the good old magic spray is out as well.

Farhat OUT!! Bat pad catch off Harris. Dammit.!

Well played innings by Farhat , anyway, stuck in there for a long time.

surprised at the dry posting reason in the face of farhat's dismisal.

may be we are all ... all to used to it

Pakistan is big trouble ..because the tail starts with Faisal ..Inzy too has got bogged down

This is Iqbals scene...he has a good second innings record...lets see what he can do

Big chance for Faisal to show everyone what he can do.

This is a huge innings for the future of Faisal Iqbal.

Good luck to Faisal, would love to see him score a 100 ..... (now that he is in there)

Difficult to win a Test match when for all practical purpose - you are playing with 2 real batsmen and 1 real bowler ..and 8 passengers

If I were Inzi, I would try to shield Faisal from the strike before lunch.

with a lead of 54, pak just needs partnerships of 30-40 ish. with 6 wickets left that can push up to lead of 200 odd. inzi needs to stay all the way and guide the likes of iqbal.akmal and rana.

overlord said:
Good luck to Faisal, would love to see him score a 100 ..... (now that he is in there)

even 70 would be good enough. For some reason i always believe in faisal ability and inshallah he will come through today

Boundary off Nel, by Inzi, then ducks under 3 bouncers. Nel trying to get a reaction from Inzi, starting to open his mouth again as well. Inzi just ignores him. Umpire has a quiet word with Nel telling him to calm down.

159-4 . Lead by 55.

Last edited:
Saj said:
Totally agree with you - Inzy should bat as if he is batting with the tail and take maximum stike

TurkishCricketFan said:
Faisal Iqbal has a habit of scoring well in his 2nd innings.

just for the record he also fell to the legendary Mr. 3-0

Did anyone hear that comment? Fu**in Pakistan something? It was taken over the stump mic! Commentator calimed it might have been the crowd.

Anyone catch exactly what was said?

inzi needs to treat this like an ODI, and I don't mean this from a rr point of view..he needs to consider this as a mini collapse 55/4, and should try to anchor the innings to post a 220-250 score.

shoaib just yawned and commentator said his probably tired from jet lag, then again he does enjoy night life.

Saj said:

single from th 1st ball of the over....mmmm

Faisal vey nearly gave a catch to silly point ..very poor technique straight off the bat

Nel is certainly talking isn't he.. take a load of this:

57.4 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, another bouncer, ducked under. This time no smiles, just some tough talking from Nel. Inzy just shrugs and walks away.
57.3 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, bumper! Inzmam gets out of the way
57.2 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, bouncer, on the off stump line, ducked under. Nel stands there and says something to his slip fielders. At least he looks in their direction and then breaks into a smile. The camera pans to Inzy, he is also smiling. No clue what was that about but I also have a smile in my face, just in case you want to know.
57.1 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, FOUR, banged in short and outside off stump, Inzy stands up tall and cuts it through backward point.

Faisal is a good player of spin, lts hope Harris can make him settle down.

CrickFan said:
Faisal making Harris look like Warne

He is playing well to spinner, full face of bat....its right before lunch...do u want him to come down the track and hit him?

Why shield him? Do remind me but is the boy Iqbal not in the team as a batsman? He needs to learn how to cope with such situatrions, so why shield him? Inzy going to be there for him everytime he needs shielded?

Lunch 160 for 4.

A tense session in which Pak scored 57 runs for the loss of 2 wickets in 26 overs.

Pak lead by 56 runs.

ahmadrulz said:
Nel is certainly talking isn't he.. take a load of this:

57.4 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, another bouncer, ducked under. This time no smiles, just some tough talking from Nel. Inzy just shrugs and walks away.
57.3 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, bumper! Inzmam gets out of the way
57.2 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, bouncer, on the off stump line, ducked under. Nel stands there and says something to his slip fielders. At least he looks in their direction and then breaks into a smile. The camera pans to Inzy, he is also smiling. No clue what was that about but I also have a smile in my face, just in case you want to know.
57.1 Nel to Inzamam-ul-Haq, FOUR, banged in short and outside off stump, Inzy stands up tall and cuts it through backward point.

I hope Shoaib Akhtar will knock him over..

I hope Inzi trow the ball to Shoaib when Nel comes out to bad.

160-4 at lunch

Game still delicately poised. Inzi is the key once again, needs to bat through to the end.

Some thing to the effect "F**ing Pakistani .......if you don't like it go back to your ..."

Commentators are trying to cover up the situation. I can't see the stump mike picking up dribble from the CROWD?!
In an interview Inzi did say that the team management will talk to the match referee about Nel and others.

Pace said:
Some thing to the effect "F**ing Pakistani .......if you don't like it go back to your ..."

Commentators are trying to cover up the situation. I can't see the stump mike picking up dribble from the CROWD?!
In an interview Inzi did say that the team management will talk to the match referee about Nel and others.

I hope they do for surely.

South Africans were being racist and South African commentator tried to cover it up as a comment from the crowd.........yeah as if the stump mic picks up individual comments from the crowd ::J

Don't quote me here but I believe it was "F'ing Pakistani's, go back to the F'ing Zoo".

We should all complain to the broadcaster

Who is the official broadcaster of this series?

Saffies are ***** cats when it comes to facing Aussies - No Nel act or anything of that sort while facing Australia ..It is only when they face players from subcontinent that the worst in them comes to the fore

Sledging is one thing and it belongs in the game, the SA's should be in serious trouble for using racism as a form of sledging.

The commentators spoke about how youngsters nowadays look at these pros sledging and try to emulate it. I hope to god this is not the kind of sledging the South Africans are looking ot teach. Absolute shocker.

Usual drunkards - what do you expect when people like Nel are considered heroes ?

Anyone got the email for the guys commentating on sky? Im oging ot put them a nice little email.

Sorry - just realized - was that the SA team using expletives ?

MIG said:
Sorry - just realized - was that the SA team using expletives ?

It was picked up on the stump mic.

Now the saffie commentator tried to claim it was from the crowd but I have never heard the stump mic pick up comments from the crowd before!

We do not know specifically who said it, commentry team claimed it was the crowd despite it being picked up by the stump mic.

Guys i need an email add for either the Sky commentry team or the commentry team of the game it self. Any1?

Disgraceful, disgraceful - If a Pakistani even looks at a batsman then its a ban and a fine but these b******s can use racist insults and noone bats an eyelid?

Who can we email about this, because we ALL heard it.

Back