Pakistan Vs South Africa: Test 1: Day 4 Score updates and comments

Well done to all those who emailed about the racist remarks before the lunch.

The commentator just confirmed it will be passed to the correct authorities.

Commentators now saying the stump mic incident is being quoted in emails and it would be handed over to the authorities(? match referee)--wonder if anything will come out of this!!

Really Azam6380?! Good stuff PPers!!! Its time for Inzi to remind us why he's considered the King of Lazy elegance. Remind us why he's boss. COME ON INZI!!!

Sad thing is that we can't even play for a draw. Someone HAS to win.

Nice shot by Akmal for 1

Inzi will have to go on to 100, while Akmal has to make at least 70

79 lead and playing positively--although the wicket seems quite good at present 200 would be a bit of a task for SA in the 4th.

TheSaint said:
79 lead and playing positively--although the wicket seems quite good at present 200 would be a bit of a task for SA in the 4th.

Yes but the new ball is due and...

Inzi can play the new ball probaby as well as any of our openers and Akmal has opened enough to know what to expect. So here's hoping they can get us to a 200+ lead

Nauman said:
cant belive Faisal is the best we have to replace Mohommad Yousaf.

there are miles better replacements then faisal, sadly bari/inzi have to fill the useless player quota in the team.

Asalaam alikum Wr Wb Brothers

Brothers we need to concentrate only on the match right now, just forget about the racial slur for the moment. We must'nt let this racist slur upset us, let's try to win the match and then we will comeback to the comment.

Kamran need to play attacking cricket like he did against india last year at karachi. A century frm inzamam and half century from kamran atleast is what is required. I am making duas i hope you all are too. Recite darood shareef a lot guys.

fielders are on boundaries and still our batsman can't take singles.

Look on the bright side, Mohd Yousuf, Gul, and Shoaib come back in the next test

I think anything over 150 SA will struggle, 200 and Pak win is inevitable I feel :19: . Also why the hell are you guys giving Paul HArris so much credit? He sucks :23:

Romali_rotti said:
I think anything over 150 SA will struggle, 200 and Pak win is inevitable I feel :19: . Also why the hell are you guys giving Paul HArris so much credit? He sucks :23:

i don't think he need much credit. Faisal played crap shot to get out.

Hell yeah. Asim Kamal is just another example. Infact Afridi could make more and be handy with the ball as well. Another player who i've heard alot about is Shahid Yousuf. So Faisal is not what he is perceived to be; the last hope. Hell NO.

The fact that we will be a much better side InshaAllah in the rest of the series with Yousuf, Akhtar & Gul back, we should not worry too much and just play positively and not worry about losing!

Unfortunately a lot of us don't have access to watch this match. But anyone of those who are able to watch could you please tell how the wicket is behaving cause inzamam is'nt scoring a lot of runs. I believe we must play attacking cricket like the australians. This defensive mode by both batsman is not good. Fiasal iqbal is finally done for after his dismal performance, i hope he is dropped and he stays out until he develops mentally into a tougher individual. I would prefer asim kamal or shoaib malik over him for the next match.

at this point run rate doesn't matter because when it mattered they didn't scored quick by that i mean at 2.75-3.00.

Harris is bowling similarly to what Giles used to do- LAOTW-leg stump line- negative bowling that frustrates the opposition and induces false shots.

they are playing just a little too slow for my liking..why so defensive??
Because we need a lead and this two are the last recognized pair.

You guys think that with this leg-stump line playing forwards is best or back with the ball being watched on to your bat late is better , as with it pitching outside leg LBW is negated most of the time!

Bilsher007 said:
Unfortunately a lot of us don't have access to watch this match. But anyone of those who are able to watch could you please tell how the wicket is behaving cause inzamam is'nt scoring a lot of runs. I believe we must play attacking cricket like the australians. This defensive mode by both batsman is not good. Fiasal iqbal is finally done for after his dismal performance, i hope he is dropped and he stays out until he develops mentally into a tougher individual. I would prefer asim kamal or shoaib malik over him for the next match.

lots of cracks uneven bounce and taking plenty of spin. im sure inzy knows what a good score to set will be.

Its not been pretty on the eye, but SA have been effective in drying up the runs and frustrating the Pak batsmen. At the moment, its a bit of a deadlock. Both teams seem content with waiting for the new ball. Inzamam and Akmal, both strokemakers, will like the extra pace on the ball and will hope with Ntini and Nel trying to be aggressive as well that they can get a few loose ones to put away to the boundary.

Gone- Inzi has played into the hands of the opposition with the fielder placed at short mid-wicket!

Inzi gone, wat a catch flying thru air by AB.

pakistan in a huge hole now.

Inzamam has had a decent match with bat but should have done better in both inns.

This can't be happening!

I just went to pray Fajr and...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

End of over 75 (maiden) - Pakistan 187/5

Kamran Akmal 4* (29b) PL Harris 17-5-35-2
Inzamam-ul-Haq 35* (89b 3x4) SM Pollock 14-6-24-1

74.6 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run
74.5 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run

74.4 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run, turning across and Akmal ends up with an inside edge onto the pad

74.3 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run, same line and length, Akmal kicks it away. He is certainly looking more comfortable than Inzi when facing the spinner :O
74.2 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run, again hits the rough outside the leg stump and Akmal takes it on the pad

Shaiban is worried about the slow run rate. "Pakistanis are getting overcautious. At the current rate of scoring they would get nowhere even if they last the whole day. 50 odd runs in one session, that is awful. But with Inzi still in, you never know...."

74.1 Harris to Kamran Akmal, no run, drifting on to the pads and Akmal kicks it away
Harris to continue, bowling from over the stumps

Kamran looking more comfortable than inzamam against spin ?!!!
Ohh noooo whose out now ????????????????????????? If only they had started playing aggressively than the loss of wicket now would'nt have hurt so much !!!

Really expected Inzy to get at least 70. Well it is over now. Best tailenders can do is play their natural game cos they cannot defend.

UJ said:
Promote Kaneria, hes never gonna make a 100 from 11!!!
You never know- Asif can also get a big one :)))
Anyway - the two can bowl these guys out for around 150 if the batsmen help them out!!

i think we should hit out put some pressure on the bowlers this blocking aint getting us no where

Inzamam is OUTTTTTTTTTTT inzamam has lost it completely, both the innings he has failed to make a good score. Anyways pakistan must playing attacking cricket otherwise it's all over.

Inzi departs and the gates of hell are opening up...

Akmal and Rana need to start playing some shots.

Oh well, spoke too early again. Inzamam nipped out by Pollock. Kamran and Rana might as well decide to chance themselves a bit here now with the new ball (assuming both remain till then).

On a serious note - Rana can hang on to the bat but Kami has to take the lead and be the senior partner.

Pakistan sliding towards a possible defeat here, a mini collapse on the cards.

Will Rana show us why he's called a bowler who can bat as well? Lets hope for anyhting over 150. Seems a bit far fetched at moment.. but who knows.

Only way to play is positively now--no use getting out after blocking it for 30 minutes and scoring 2.

TheSaint said:
You never know- Asif can also get a big one :)))
Anyway - the two can bowl these guys out for around 150 if the batsmen help them out!!
Yaara we won't even make 100 and ur talkng abt 150?

They need to attack or just defend ALL OUT so Akmal is ike 10 of 129 and Naved 1 off 86 so we can draw

why the hell they are still defending? this pathetic planing is just unbelievable.

Theyre going to get out when the nw ball comes anyway so they might as well attack!

Back