Pakistan Vs South Africa: Test 1: Day 4 Score updates and comments

New ball will probably help us score a few quick ones. Harris is really accurate though not really turning it.

Bilsher007 said:
Can someone tell me is the wicket difficult to bat on right now ?????

it's difficult but 100 runs lead will be easy for them.

Rana doesnt look comfy blocking. play some bloody shots!

shan said:
why the hell they are still defending? this pathetic planing is just unbelievable.

Exactly, they need to ATTACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK which is the best line of DEFENCE otherwise it's all over for us.

Now, what was the point of all that defending? No-one is asking them to score at a run a ball, but if we had scored at a just over 3 an over, we could have a lead of 150 by now and it would be the saffies in trouble.

Gutless performance...

If I was SA, I wouldn't take the new ball straight away. Pakistan aren't going anywhere currently, and Kamran and/or Rana could get frustrated quite easily by the current combo of Pollock/Harris.

Naved said:
Now, what was the point of all that defending? No-one is asking them to score at a run a ball, but if we had scored at a just over 3 an over, we could have a lead of 150 by now and it would be the saffies in trouble.

Gutless performance...

exactly,

making run every over is the reason we will lost this match. We didn't learn anything from India they at least had lead of over 200.

Need to play our shots...new ball just around the corner too

77.2 Pollock to Naved-ul-Hasan, 1 run

Anand feels that "Pakistan are making the same mistake which India made during the 3rd test. Inzi is following foot-steps of Dravid and Sachin" And Inzamam has perished now.

If only they learn from mistakes !

The pitch has no bounce and the atmosphere has no swing-producing tendencies , so new ball is not that threatning but it should turn for Kaneria and Asif is better with his LBW incutters on a low bounce surface--so comeon guys- no need to throw-in the towel!!

Sweep by akmal. looks like great stop by nel.

looks like 4 thou..

normally akmal is attacking batsman but now thanks to inzy he is at 7 of 38 balls.

4 more cut away brilliantly by Akmal.

lead up to 95.

Naved said:

Gutless performance...

I agree, inzamam wasted an opportunity.

Akmal needs to do a Hussey and try and add about 100 runs to this total. That might be enough for Kaneria to defend. Just take it one ball at a time.

Akmal gone!

shocking shot! sweeps outside leg stump and gets top edge and is caught!

stupidity at its best!

Pak 199/7

OZGOD said:
Akmal needs to do a Hussey and try and add about 100 runs to this total. That might be enough for Kaneria to defend. Just take it one ball at a time.

100 more runs? where they will come from?

OZGOD said:
Kaneria to defend? Not a chance. Hes a strokemaker. :p

TheSaint said:
You guys think that with this leg-stump line playing forwards is best or back with the ball being watched on to your bat late is better , as with it pitching outside leg LBW is negated most of the time!
This idea of front foot play, blocking with the pad and sweeping to this line is just wrong in my book!!
Anyway- Akmal has shown us exactly why!!

Pretty tough line to score from - left arm bowler bowling over the stumps into the rough.

shan said:
100 more runs? where they will come from?

Akmal will have to add the bulk of it, obviously. I reckon Rana's good for about 20, and the other two bunnies about 10. So Akmal will have to add about 70.

Actually, forget what I just said...

This is a full-on collapse now, started by Iqbal.

I don;t understand. He had just hit 2 fours, what was the point of that?

200 up

Come on just 50 runs more PLEASE

It would be dream come true if Rana and Shahid can do a little rear guard action. Break some sort of record. Followed by a SA collapse at 80 ish. Wishful thinking I guess. I'm just trying to cheer you guys up.

Match isn't over yet. Don't give up so easily, geez. There's still an innings to go.

There you go just when kamran had stroked two consecutive boundaries he gets out on the third delivery !!!!!!!! What damn bad luck .... Anyways i wish pakistan can get atleast another 20 to 30 runs quickly.

When pakistan come to bowl it should be asif and nazir opening the attack. Rana must never really open bowling as his style of bowling costs runs with the new ball, he's only good with the old ball. As long as pakistan go down fighting i don't mind them losing. INSHALLAH we will comeback strongly for the next match with shoaib akhter, yousaf, gul and shoaib malik ( replacing fiasal iqbal) returning.

Bilsher007 said:
There you go just when kamran had stroked two consecutive boundaries he gets out on the third delivery !!!!!!!! What damn bad luck .... Anyways i wish pakistan can get atleast another 20 to 30 runs quickly.

When pakistan come to bowl it should be asif and nazir opening the attack. Rana must never really open bowling as his style of bowling costs runs with the new ball, he's only good with the old ball. As long as pakistan go down fighting i don't mind them losing. INSHALLAH we will comeback strongly for the next match with shoaib akhter, yousaf, gul and shoaib malik ( replacing fiasal iqbal) returning.

As he said...go down fighting. Make SA earn the win, if they're going to win.

OZGOD said:
Match isn't over yet. Don't give up so easily, geez. There's still an innings to go.
What do you know bro, you're never in this position.

Just to remind you folks...Kaneria is waiting in dressing room, ready to unleash!!

lead now over 100

another 49 runs at least please.

4 for Rana off pull shot, next ball a slog and some home the ball misses the stumps!

lead 101

Pakistan have to learn from this too- they played too many hook/pull shots in the first innings and played the spinner wrong now as well to lose way!
Woolmer to the rescue along with our AAG attack and New Dad Yousuf in the 2nd & 3rd!!

PepsiCola said:
What do you know bro, you're never in this position.

Pakistan has won from far worse positions than this before Bebsi Polo

a quick slogged 25 each from rana and nazir needed here!

It seems to be end for Pakistan, Inzi again fail to built a long innings. Can you tell me the last match when Inzi played some long inning?"

Sajan: "Well Mubashar. It has been almost a year now since Inzi has made a Test hundred. His last hundred came against India in January 2005 at Faisalabad. Technically yes, but today you can't fully say that he failed because that catch by de Villiers was a stunner and there is not much you can do as a batsmen if you have gravity defying fielders on the park when you are batting
."

Inzi really has let pakistan down in failing to build his good starts into centuries or even a half century !!! I really upset with inzamam's failure.

Hash said:
Winning with a target of only 100? I believe not.

But I hope you're right.

Even if we do get 150 we won't win because its unbelieveably easy to bat on this pitch!

Hash said:

when was the last time Pakistan defended 100 runs in test?

Amjid Javed said:
a quick slogged 25 each from rana and nazir needed here!

and then an unbeaten 75 from Danish followed by 1 from Asif!

soo much turn in the pitch please please another 50 runs would be handy

PepsiCola said:

But I hope you're right.

Even if we do get 150 we won't win because its unbelieveably easy to bat on this pitch!

:))

There goes your credibility as a knowledgable poster

Whatever Pakistan set, they should still believe they can win. Make South Africa fight for every run.

As Shane Warne said, "Never give up. Just absolutely never give up."

Rana and nazir must just play their natural game, no need to do stupid defending anymore. Inzamam and kamran both wasted opportunities, had they stroked some boundaries ( one every over) it would have taken some pressure off pakistan and both would'nt have gotten out in the manner they did.

The new ball may be on its way soon!!
Good - Harris has been frustrating for us.
Nel on!

Nel returns now for pollock.

Pak 206/7 (lead 102)

PepsiCola said:

But I hope you're right.

it's not easy to bat but chasing just 100 is easy.

I still blame our loss on the umpires. it maybe babyish, but come on!

Take this step at a time

First target is 110, then 120, then 130. Just keep going. No need to play stupid attacking shots just because a couple of posters on PakPassion are getting bored. Just do what you need to do....take it a ball at a time. If it is there to hit then hit it otherwise don't.

If we get to 150 you never know.........strange things happen.

PepsiCola said:
I still blame our loss on the umpires. it maybe babyish, but come on!

probably cost us 40-50 runs

Hash said:
Take this step at a time

First target is 110, then 120, then 130. Just keep going. No need to play stupid attacking shots just because a couple of posters on PakPassion are getting bored. Just do what you need to do....take it a ball at a time. If it is there to hit then hit it otherwise don't.

If we get to 150 you never know.........strange things happen.

If we magically get lead of 190 we will win this match!

Rana must go one with his natural batting and get as many as quick runs. Younis khan also failed to buld big innings along with inzamam, really disappointing. Anyways we must believe to win even with a small target. Nothing is impossible :19:

Look of determination on Nazir's face.

Back