Pakistan Vs South Africa: Test 1: Day 4 Score updates and comments

put another 31 runs atleast...170 runs will be a fighting total no doubt...

Lets pray & hope this partnership continue for long...if we bat for another 40 mins which means a possible 8 overs than i think we will reach the 170 mark!..InshAllah our boys will do that infact better!

Todat Nazir and Rana truely actedlike the "cornored tigers" and rest of the team batted like the scared little cats............Shame on pakistan's top and middle order.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
My lineup for next match:

Mohammad Hafeez
Imran Farhat
Younis Khan
M. Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Yasir Hameed
Kamran Akmal
Naved-ul-Hasan
Shoaib Akhtar
Danish Kaneria
M. Asif

Where's Gul? He's supposed to be fit for the next match.

Hope these two dont lose concentration in the break. Just gotta hang in there as long as we can, keep the scoreboard ticking over and before we know it we'll have a decent score to defend.

Shahid Nazir and Naved-ul-Hasan scored at 5.24 runs per over which is way better than what the other batsmen did

HOw much time remaining till we are back on the field?

From the first ball, 1st innings, I said if we had Afridi he would destroy the SA attack... they are barely seaming the ball (only Kallis), and Polly bowls too slow, Ntini and Nel aren't consistent with their line/length..

attacking mindsets of 1 player can filter to the whole team..

why were YK and IF batting so slow today? and then INZY did the same thing... and gave it up ....

Blistering Barnacle said:
Where's Gul? He's supposed to be fit for the next match.
If Gul is fit he is in int the lieup, but I thought he will be away for a couple of weeks...

Then he takes the place of rana, but very marginally

there will be some useful tips from the Coach & the captain for these two!!..so hope they really continue this for another 30 to 35 mins or so InshAllah!!

Guys if asif continues bowling the way he does without trying too hard and nazir sticks to basics by bowling good length deliveries than pakistan can strike blows upon saffies. My first change would be kaneria cause the wicket is ideal for him right now. The main question is can kaneria take maximum advantage ? we will have to wait and see. I would want rana to come on when the ball is atleast 30 overs old. Rana is only best effective with the old ball. Fielders should back the bowlers and take catches as they come.

Inzamam should really consult younis khan when pakistan come on to bowl only then we can truly benefit with right fielding positions.

DotCom said:
From the first ball, 1st innings, I said if we had Afridi he would destroy the SA attack... they are barely seaming the ball (only Kallis), and Polly bowls too slow, Ntini and Nel aren't consistent with their line/length..

attacking mindsets of 1 player can filter to the whole team..

why were YK and IF batting so slow today? and then INZY did the same thing... and gave it up ....
Afridi cannot play short bowling even if his life depended on it, 70 percent of stuff from Saffie quicks has been on the shorter side.

That looked like he has taken a few dollars from the bookies--SA bludering like crazy or what?

Nauman said:
Afridi cannot play short bowling even if his life depended on it, 70 percent of stuff from Saffie quicks has been on the shorter side.

its not about short bowling vs full bowling.. its the mindset of the batsmen...

YK, IF, and Inzy were all playing into the hands of the Saffies... not rotating, just blocking... same thing what Tendulkar and Dravid did...

someone said it before... if our run rate was 1 run higher all along ... we would be in a good fighting position ...

Pollock screaming and shouting for anything here.

Well left by Nazir.

robin jackman please shut up!

Pak 246/7 now.

the_game said:
Jackman yelling at the fielder. Absolutely pathetic commentary.
that was funny .. not patethic ...

commentators are allowed to have feelings, and make jokes... they are not REQUIRED to be neutral... there is no job criteria for a commentator to be Neutral ..

I am fed up with all this biased commentary crap ...

anyone ever listen to pakistani commentators..
NO .. b/c WHERE ARE THEY?

Rameez doesn't count..

wow...........eventfulover ,2 caught behind appeals ,2 missed run outs ..................allah is watching over these two.

Lowest total defended by pakistan in test match is 127 v new zealand.

Pakistan have defended less that 200 sucsessful 3 times before in test history

Amjid Javed said:

now that is comforting to know....

thanks AJ

massive 6 from Nazir. Into the crowd - go fetch that

Monster Six what a shot!

54 runs partnership of 58 balls!

nazir hits a biggie!

Amjid Javed said:

One a year ago!

The lead is now 149.

Nazir showing the top order how to hook and pull the ball.

what a stupid lbw appeal!

you could see all 3 stumps!

87.3 Pollock to Shahid Nazir, 1 run, Harris messes up what should have been a easy run out chance. Pushed to him at mid-on and they start off for what seemed a suicidal run. Both stop midway, hesitate and then continue. Meanwhile Harris has frozen, is not able to decide which end to throw, takes a few steps close to the non-striker's end, sees that the batsmen is close to the crease, so throws at the other end. Doesn't hit and the batman makes it in time. If he had released earlier, he could had the batsman at either end. Drama continues!

Saffies are clearly nervous and under pressure, pollock dropped a catch previously and now harris misses out on a run out chance. GO pakistan go !!!

Amjid Javed said:

that was when the mighty sami went wicket crazy..

Amjid Javed said:
what a stupid lbw appeal!

you could see all 3 stumps!

Will they get penalised for over appealing? you bet not.

heaved for 2 by Nazir. Could be a 4 as Pollys feet touched the rope.

DotCom said:
that was funny .. not patethic ...

commentators are allowed to have feelings, and make jokes... they are not REQUIRED to be neutral... there is no job criteria for a commentator to be Neutral ..

I am fed up with all this biased commentary crap ...

anyone ever listen to pakistani commentators..
NO .. b/c WHERE ARE THEY?

Rameez doesn't count..

I disagree. Commentators are supposed to be impartial. Anyways, great six by Nazir.

Amir said:
One a year ago!
was that INDIA ?

they dont count

I wanna do this vs. the Farangees..

Pollock touched the ropes, but he wont say it ...

Toony™® said:
that was when the mighty sami went wicket crazy..

no it wasnt! it was when wasim and waqar went nuts under JM captaincy.

Saj said:
The lead is now 149.

Nazir showing the top order how to hook and pull the ball.

All i can say is that my MAN OF THE MATCH is shahid nazir ! HE has been awesome SUBHANALLAH !!!

Amjid Javed said:
no it wasnt! it was when wasim and waqar went nuts under JM captaincy.

damn thinking of something else...

we need that effort today... especially Rana

Nazir finally goes. Clean bowled.

Excellent knock has given pakistan something to bowl to.

40 off just 35 balls.

DotCom said:
was that INDIA ?

they dont count

I wanna do this vs. the Farangees..

Pollock touched the ropes, but he wont say it ...

No vs England. When did we ever defend 200 vs India?

We need to push on. I hope Dani can contribute or we can reach 200 by miracle!

I hope farhat, younis, inzamam and kamran are feeling ashamed for their slow batting. Had they bated aggressively pakistan would have been better off.

Excellent innings by Shahid. Took his chances but came off to score 40 vital runs.

255 for 8. A lead of 151

Hmm we need atleast another 30 runs, anything short of 180 just doesnt put any pressure.

Back