4th ODI: Pakistan vs England at RawalPindi

Mercenary

Senior ODI Player
Runs
England dont want to leave Pakistan without anything to show for their visit and they will be doing everything in their power to halt the Pakistani avalanche of runs.

However Pakistan have won 9 out of their last 10 ODI's and most of them have been won with convincing margins, I'm sure the Paks will want to continue that form into the Indian series.

Game on!

Howdy Merc, all set for a fantastic game? Pakistan will have to come out all guns blazing, and must not underestimate the opposition as the series is still very much on.

Lets hope Pakistan can wrap it up here!

Game is certainly on! Especially with england suffering another blow with Harmison pulling out.

We have a stable, consistent and confident team. They on the other hand are in tatters. A massive morale-crushing defeat in Karachi, and the absence of key senior players will make Pakistan the favourites.

The game may be ON but England seem to have gone OFF !! Lets see what Chacha Fletch has up his sleeves...

BTW, kudos to Pak for creating this sort of pressure on England

tahaqureshi said:
Game is certainly on! Especially with england suffering another blow with Harmison pulling out.

We have a stable, consistent and confident team. They on the other hand are in tatters. A massive morale-crushing defeat in Karachi, and the absence of key senior players will make Pakistan the favourites.

Has Harmison pulled out? Why, is he injured or what?

Team news is arshad khan is super sub and same team, no yasir arafat.

Anderson is England sub, and Kabir Ali is playing for England.

hopefully another mammoth total and a polished innings from The Beast!

Farah said:
Team news is arshad khan is super sub and same team, no yasir arafat.

bad luck yasir arafat. i have a feeling we'll get to see arshad khan in action. lets see if the decision is a good one or not.

atleast now Arshad can be used .... he will prob SS for Yousuf ...and hopefully he can get some good wickets..

England going in with just 5 bowlers. Looked like they were gambling with the toss as Anderson is the super sub.

this is same situation as PK had in 1st ODI ... right now ENG will have to drop a batsmen, if they want to use Jimmy Anderson ...

"On the eve of the second ODI against Pakistan, the Englishmen stayed up late watching the BBC sports personality award. It was Flintoff they all wanted to cheer, who was delighted to receive the award from none other Ian Botham, an all rounder himself. Former great Boycott suggested that sleep deprivation was the cause for the blokes to flounder."

Another excuse for loosing a match

what about Kabir Ali .... this guy makes me worried ... he is gentle medium pace I heard ..usually PK is weak against his type of bowling .. they like the ball coming onto the bat ...

DotCom said:
what about Kabir Ali .... this guy makes me worried ... he is gentle medium pace I heard ..usually PK is weak against his type of bowling .. they like the ball coming onto the bat ...

Shoaib played with him during county hopefully he has informed the team what he knows about Kabir Ali.

Funnnnyy Kharabi on ARY - cant see cricket - can u guys see anything

Botha Salaa complainign already. Funny how he didnt say anything in the first ODI, but is all talk now.

Bootha now complaining of the super sub rule.

Sounds of Phainti being administered to Bootha by Miggy!!!!

2-0 after the first over

Kami to face Anderson the supersub. Looks like the change has already been made!!!

I think england are using their super sub very well.
in 2nd match they had 6 bowler in side so they had a batsman as a supersub.
in this match they have 5 bowler in side and hence they got one extra batsman in side thats y they have extra bowler as a supersub.obviously they were thinking to win the toss and bat first..nad now its worst case for them that ak won the toss but still its not as bad as pak used.
because in this case also they will be able to use their supersub without loosing any batsman.
I think england will go along this line(which I hope pak will learn )
they will bowl with 5 bowler if they qare bowling well :no need for extra bowler
if someone goes for too many run:
then after 25 over they can replace that bolwer with supersub
or they can replace jones with supersub in that case prior will keep wicket which for last 25 over..and becasue bowl is not seaming in last 25 over..it shudnt be as difficult for him

Rolled the wrists kept the ball down, ball just rocketed to the rope!! Great shot to get off the mark!!!!

Wasalam yaar, oops i forgot as well Salam everyone!!!

plot should be same for Pakistan. steady partnerships, save wickets and then ballistic after 40 overs.

Yasir Arafat is medium pace according to Rameez after averaging in the high 80s in the last match

comeon openers accelerator par paoon rakho. 320 karna hai

Y is salman blocking alot? he has only scored off 1 ball & blocked almost 2 overs?

Raz said:
Yasir Arafat is medium pace according to Rameez after averaging in the high 80s in the last match

Ramiz lacks use of proper cricketing terminology in his commentary.

Farah said:
Y is salman blocking alot? he has only scored off 1 ball & blocked almost 2 overs?

Be patient, he's just seeing off the new ball and settling in before he decides to start unfurling his full repertoire of strokes

2 more fours by Salman making up for all the balls he blocked. Nice to see he is scoring runs didnt get out after being bogged down.

Slower delivery driven for 4. Nice looking shot

And again pulled for 4 three fours in the over for Salman.

23-0 after 6

Big Mac said:
See? 2 fours in 2 balls, happy now?

dnt want their bowlers to settle in :) have seen many times too much blocking and batsmen getting out. He had blocked over 2 overs am sure in total. Another four to Akmal though as I write this :)

Salman looked very very angry after that over finished!!

That's a jaffa from Freddy to beat the outside edge there

Pitch has invariable bounce some have kept a little low.

Bootha admiring Rameez's tie, gave it a nice stroke.

Back