Arsenal FC | 2023/24 Season

Season over

Poor in domestic Cups
Knocked out of CL by 1st decent side Arsenal faced
Fallen short in league

Time for a new Manager who can get the club over the line.

Oddegard can run onto pitch now and take more photos after Trophyless season number 4.

"The best it's been in 20 years"

"A Golden period like under wenger"

"We were only in 1 title challenge between 2005 and 2018"

Their is reason why City win and Arsenal fall short. Its elite mentality on and off the pitch.

Time for a written apology from Arteta cheerleader, or maybe he's on vacation on the cricket forum like last season.

That is your sum total support for Arsenal.

That is your sum total support for Arsenal.
Yeah season is a failure, as have the last 4 seasons.

No one is going to look back and go, oh remember "Trust the process" when we won nothing.

Maybe players should start cutting cakes in changing rooms, whilst oddegard takes photos.

I've already seen a talented Arsenal teams before between 07/08 to 09/10 be in Title races, get to a CL semi and win nothing.

So I didn't celebrate falling short then and certainly won't now.

Have we had some good wins this season? Yeah.

Have won any trophies? No

Man city won a treble last season, they are on for a double this year. Our fan base are celebrating taking title race to last game of season 🤦‍♂️

I think it's been a pretty good campaign from Arsenal, ultimately the margins are so tight and they were up against an elite coach/team

89 points is not to be sniffed at and the bottling accusations can't be leveled at Arsenal this season

As an outside observer the sensible thing is to back the manager and go again, if City are slightly off it next season then you need to be in a position to take advantage

The Arsenal team is very well balanced, just need to get a top striker and then make the squad options better

Good campaign. Commiserations to you guys but you did run city mighty close and have some excellent foundations to build upon on.

Hopefully some silverware next year. Realistically it's going to be a two horse race again as all other teams are way off the mark and Liverpool will need time to adjust to post klopp era.

If I didn’t like Unai before, I would turn into Iblees himself now 🤣 he single handedly broke all your dreams @Mamoon where is the bhangra now, you been giving Villa and Unai crap all season unprovoked, now it is you who has been given a big wedgie 🤣🤣

Season over

Poor in domestic Cups
Knocked out of CL by 1st decent side Arsenal faced
Fallen short in league

Time for a new Manager who can get the club over the line.

Oddegard can run onto pitch now and take more photos after Trophyless season number 4.

"The best it's been in 20 years"

"A Golden period like under wenger"

"We were only in 1 title challenge between 2005 and 2018"

Their is reason why City win and Arsenal fall short. Its elite mentality on and off the pitch.

Time for a written apology from Arteta cheerleader, or maybe he's on vacation on the cricket forum like last season.

It’s crazy this team hasn’t won a trophy since the FA cup . Winning a lot of matches in the league is impressive, however go for everything. The mentality was lacking slightly .

Arteta has to buy smart & make his squad much stronger , one more trophy less season will take the club backwards again.

I think it's been a pretty good campaign from Arsenal, ultimately the margins are so tight and they were up against an elite coach/team

89 points is not to be sniffed at and the bottling accusations can't be leveled at Arsenal this season

As an outside observer the sensible thing is to back the manager and go again, if City are slightly off it next season then you need to be in a position to take advantage

The Arsenal team is very well balanced, just need to get a top striker and then make the squad options better

"If City are slightly off"

Arsenal bottled it last season. This season both Liverpool and Arsenal gifted the initiative to City when both were ahead of City.

Difference is City whether it been the owners, players or manager have elite mindset, why because they know the consequences of failure. Go watch Peps interview before game he pretty much eluded to this.

Liverpool and Arsenal are just happy competing

Oh we finished with 97 and 92 points, look at our net spend

Oh we just bottled the league let's buy a dog and call it "Win"

When their is no consequences to failure at either of these clubs they will keep being runners up to City vast majority of time.

I am very sad today, but also very proud of Arteta, the players and the real genuine who stood behind the team throughout the season and were still singing when Arsenal's dream sank.

Can't wait for next season already. This is first Arsenal team since 2007-2008 that has had the quality to fight for the title. The first Arsenal team since 2003-2005 to sustain title challenge in back to back seasons.

Arsenal will be back stronger and the FFP cheats know that Arsenal will be on their heels again. There is no doubt that this group of players led by Arteta will win the league soon, and when they do, it will be feel incredibly beautiful.

Great season, great manager, great players, great club. Onto 2024-2025.

It’s crazy this team hasn’t won a trophy since the FA cup . Winning a lot of matches in the league is impressive, however go for everything. The mentality was lacking slightly .

Arteta has to buy smart & make his squad much stronger , one more trophy less season will take the club backwards again.
5 seasons before Arteta

Arsenal were in title race vs Leicester. Won 2 FA Cups, 4 Cup finals, including a europa final.

Yet to particular posters want to keep going on that the last 4 trophyless seasons have been best in 20 years.

Atleast when Liverpool finished 2nd (97) points (won CL) and 92 points (win FA cup and league cup) in those seasons.

When the fans are celebrating competing, the club is happy just competing. It's no wonder they don't win anything. Losers mentality is problem at Arsenal.

If I didn’t like Unai before, I would turn into Iblees himself now 🤣 he single handedly broke all your dreams @Mamoon where is the bhangra now, you been giving Villa and Unai crap all season unprovoked, now it is you who has been given a big wedgie 🤣🤣
Not sure why you are celebrating? Looks like your small club is still drunk on finishing 4th which will be their highest finish for the next 20 years. The performance at Palace today was certainly not sober.

Unai Emery was kicked out of Arsenal because he was not good enough to transform Arsenal into title challengers. He failed to do what Arteta is doing. If he was good enough, he would be standing where Arteta is standing today.

Emery has been reduced to managing a club that pops champagne bottles and hosts celebration parties for finishing 4th because he is not good enough to manage a club that has the ambition and resources to fight for the title.

I am very sad today and I don't feel the need to speak to fans of clubs whose success falls beneath Arsenal's failures and who are happy to be coached by an Arsenal reject. Please don't engage with me today. Thank you.

He will be on the cricket forum all summer. He ran off after I schooled him on the "Arsenal have only been in 1 title race between 2005 and 2018 nonsense"

Today was just another slap of reality for him.

Arteta this, Arteta that, the greatest young manager ever, the man to take clinch title from Pep.

In reality, another loser since Wenger left. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Arteta is the man who knocked off Klopp as City main's title rival.

Arteta is the man who had Arsenal finish above Liverpool in back to back seasons with a young squad.

Arteta is the man who took over Arsenal when they were at their lowest ebb and transformed them into title contenders while spending less money than United, Chelsea and even City themselves who already had a champion team in 2019.

Arteta will be the man to knock Pep of his perch and end his era at City. He will do what Klopp tried to failed to do.

Keep your mouth shut because Liverpool will remain below Arsenal for years to come.

I am very sad today, but also very proud of Arteta, the players and the real genuine who stood behind the team throughout the season and were still singing when Arsenal's dream sank.

Can't wait for next season already. This is first Arsenal team since 2007-2008 that has had the quality to fight for the title. The first Arsenal team since 2003-2005 to sustain title challenge in back to back seasons.

Arsenal will be back stronger and the FFP cheats know that Arsenal will be on their heels again. There is no doubt that this group of players led by Arteta will win the league soon, and when they do, it will be feel incredibly beautiful.

It’s poor bringing in FFP . City play incredible football & have a great manager.

Arsenal players gave it all but Arteta made a few mistakes Xmas & had no answers to Villa in the 2nd , was totally dominated at home . After this match he improved his team , team selection was better too.

Arsenal need 2-3 big signings inc an elite striker .

Arsenal should be proud of their efforts this season.

They pushed an incredible Man City side to the last game of the season and that is quite an achievement.

They've got a couple of areas to improve upon, but they look like the team that could topple Man City one day.

5 seasons before Arteta

Arsenal were in title race vs Leicester. Won 2 FA Cups, 4 Cup finals, including a europa final.

Yet to particular posters want to keep going on that the last 4 trophyless seasons have been best in 20 years.

Atleast when Liverpool finished 2nd (97) points (won CL) and 92 points (win FA cup and league cup) in those seasons.

When the fans are celebrating competing, the club is happy just competing. It's no wonder they don't win anything. Losers mentality is problem at Arsenal.

You open up a sports history book , nobody sees who competed , it lists winners . If you come in top 3 regularly, competing is expected but in ALL competitions. There was some bang average performances in the 3 cup competitions . If Arsenal killed off Bayern first leg , they would have maybe beaten Villa .

Pressure on Arteta next season

Jeez. Finishing second and winning zilch and you accolade them with greatness 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He will be on the cricket forum all summer. He ran off after I schooled him on the "Arsenal have only been in 1 title race between 2005 and 2018 nonsense"

Today was just another slap of reality for him.
What a load of rubbish. I just saw that post and you once again exposed the fact that you know nothing about football.

Arsenal finished 11 pts behind the Chelsea in 2009-10 and that is NOT a title race.

Being on top after X number of games, or trailing the leaders by X number of pts after X numbers of games means absolutely nothing. You are ONLY in a title race if you miss out on the top spot by a very few points and 11 points behind the champions doesn't constitute as 'very few' points.

You may as well claim that Arsenal are in the title race every season because they are always at the top of the table when the Premier League season starts.

Citing the 2009-10 season as a 'title challenge' shows your desperation to put this team down.

2007-08:

United (c) 89 pts
Arsenal 84 pts

2022-23:

City (c) 89 pts
Arsenal 84 pts

2023-24:

City (c) 91 pts
Arsenal 89 pts

These are title challenges, not Arsenal finishing 11 pts behind the champions. Arsenal's so-called title challenge in 2009-10 was even less relevant than Liverpool's title challenge this season.

Not sure why you are celebrating? Looks like your small club is still drunk on finishing 4th which will be their highest finish for the next 20 years. The performance at Palace today was certainly not sober.

Unai Emery was kicked out of Arsenal because he was not good enough to transform Arsenal into title challengers. He failed to do what Arteta is doing. If he was good enough, he would be standing where Arteta is standing today.

Emery has been reduced to managing a club that pops champagne bottles and hosts celebration parties for finishing 4th because he is not good enough to manage a club that has the ambition and resources to fight for the title.

I am very sad today and I don't feel the need to speak to fans of clubs whose success falls beneath Arsenal's failures and who are happy to be coached by an Arsenal reject. Please don't engage with me today. Thank you.

Why you so upset mate, it’s a part of the process isn’t it 😁 I’m not celebrating, least of all a City win, but for all your insults, I thought I’d just remind you the former European Champion / Emery; gave Arteta just a little spank more recently was responsible for today, get well soon 😘 Be back next season, hopefully Arteta goes all the way.

Jeez. Finishing second and winning zilch and you accolade them with greatness 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Finishing second to a bunch of cheats after taking over the club in dire straits and spending less money than the cheats even in this period and also less than United and Chelsea is worthy of appreciation.

Arsenal have not even hit top gear yet because 99% of the core of this team is yet to hit its peak even, so Arsenal are on the cusp of something special here.

Arsenal doesn't need validation from rival fans who are mocking Arsenal now but will be crying when Arsenal win the league. Arsenal fans can see where they are heading and what the future holds. The hatred of bitter rival fans will only make the inevitable success sweeter.

"If City are slightly off"

Arsenal bottled it last season. This season both Liverpool and Arsenal gifted the initiative to City when both were ahead of City.

Difference is City whether it been the owners, players or manager have elite mindset, why because they know the consequences of failure. Go watch Peps interview before game he pretty much eluded to this.

Liverpool and Arsenal are just happy competing

Oh we finished with 97 and 92 points, look at our net spend

Oh we just bottled the league let's buy a dog and call it "Win"

When their is no consequences to failure at either of these clubs they will keep being runners up to City vast majority of time.
I agree Arsenal definitely bottled it last season

This season that has not been the case

Arsenal have only lost one game in the PL in 2024 and still fell short, that's the level you are competing with

Past managers were operating on a lower standard with a lot more margin for error

I get you are not happy with just finishing 2nd but what's your solution? Sack him? And replace him with who?

Why you so upset mate, it’s a part of the process isn’t it 😁 I’m not celebrating, least of all a City win, but for all your insults, I thought I’d just remind you the former European Champion / Emery; gave Arteta just a little spank more recently was responsible for today, get well soon 😘 Be back next season, hopefully Arteta goes all the way.
When you are not in a position to be successful yourself, you seek happiness in ruining success for others.

If Emery is happy because he ruined Arteta's chances of winning the PL this season, he should ask himself why is he not in a position where he can not just ruin Arteta's party but also beat Arteta to the title.

Ange said it perfectly the other day and it was a real slap in the face of Spurs fans. "if you want to stop someone from winning something, go ahead and win it yourself".

This applies to Emery and Aston Villa as well.

You open up a sports history book , nobody sees who competed , it lists winners . If you come in top 3 regularly, competing is expected but in ALL competitions. There was some bang average performances in the 3 cup competitions . If Arsenal killed off Bayern first leg , they would have maybe beaten Villa .

Pressure on Arteta next season

No pressure on Arteta, the kronkes have no interest in winning titles.

Elite clubs like Real, Barcs, Bayern or City would sack their managers of they were failing to win title regularly. In the case of Real Madrid even winning la liga or CL and you would still get sacked.

kronkes Only care about CL money, so as long as manager makes top 4 they won't care. Whole reason wenger was sacked because Arsenal stopped making top 4 and fans started not turning up at games.

When the fan base and owners are happy just competing then it's reason why this club won't win major trophies

I see the excuses are being rolled out now after about an hour to think some up. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Most of Fergie's United teams, Pellegrini's City and most of Chelsea's title winning teams in the Premier League era wouldn't have a chance against Arteta's Arsenal of this season and Pep's Man City.

The top two teams of the Premier League today are operating at an incredibly high level.

Since Arsenal last won the league, this Arsenal would win the title in the following seasons:

2007-08
2008-09
2009-10
2010-11
2013-14
2014-15
2015-16

I see the excuses are being rolled out now after about an hour to think some up. 🤣 🤣 🤣
Sadly the excuses are out from Arteta cheerleader.

"Arsenal were only in 1 title race between 2005 and 2018"

I tore this nonsense so called fact to shreds.

His new response. "Oh its 1st time Arsenal have challenged for title in consecutive seasons"

Rather then taking his loss, new excuses rolled out.

I guarantee you that his next excuse will be at end of next season.

Arsensl 5th trophyless season in row. But but peps leaving, Arteta has made Pep leave the PL.

Just kicking the can down the road with excuses.

Congrats to Arsenal for having a great season by finishing second that you folk are celebrating!!! Not winning anything as usual :love: :love: Now tell me what your crystal ball predicts for next season, how you are gonna win everything!! :p Dil behlane ke liye yeh khayal acha hai Ghalib!:klopp

Finishing second to a bunch of cheats after taking over the club in dire straits and spending less money than the cheats even in this period and also less than United and Chelsea is worthy of appreciation.

Arsenal have not even hit top gear yet because 99% of the core of this team is yet to hit its peak even, so Arsenal are on the cusp of something special here.

Arsenal doesn't need validation from rival fans who are mocking Arsenal now but will be crying when Arsenal win the league. Arsenal fans can see where they are heading and what the future holds. The hatred of bitter rival fans will only make the inevitable success sweeter.

Ok 5 years and counting.

When you are not in a position to be successful yourself, you seek happiness in ruining success for others.

If Emery is happy because he ruined Arteta's chances of winning the PL this season, he should ask himself why is he not in a position where he can not just ruin Arteta's party but also beat Arteta to the title.

Ange said it perfectly the other day and it was a real slap in the face of Spurs fans. "if you want to stop someone from winning something, go ahead and win it yourself".

This applies to Emery and Aston Villa as well.

We’re happy mate we over achieved with our resources, how you going to recoup the Arteta losses 🤔 Learn to take a bit of banter back when you were pumping your chest before Emery, it’s more you, I doubt our manager is up celebrating your failure, we got a crucial 3 points at the Emirates Stadium which helped us qualify for the CL so it was just the 3 points, you made into a battle between the managers and Unai won by KO in those games against the second coming of Pep.

His new response. "Oh its 1st time Arsenal have challenged for title in consecutive seasons"

Arsensl 5th trophyless season in row. But but peps leaving, Arteta has made Pep leave the PL.

Imagine calling 2009-10 and 2015-16 title races when Arsenal finished 11 and 10 points behind the champions. :ROFLMAO:

0% ball knowledge for a reason.

It is fact that until 2022-23, 2007-08 was the only title challenge for Arsenal after winning the PL in 2004.

We’re happy mate we over achieved with our resources, how you going to recoup the Arteta losses 🤔 Learn to take a bit of banter back when you were pumping your chest before Emery, it’s more you, I doubt our manager is up celebrating your failure, we got a crucial 3 points at the Emirates Stadium which helped us qualify for the CL so it was just the 3 points, you made into a battle between the managers and Unai won by KO in those games against the second coming of Pep.
Emery cannot win until he is hired big a club again where he can fight for the league title. He got booted out of Arsenal because he failed to do the job that Arteta is doing, so Arteta has won and with ease.

I can actually see that one coming. It'll be stored in the draft bank and rolled out in a few years time.

I agree Arsenal definitely bottled it last season

This season that has not been the case

Arsenal have only lost one game in the PL in 2024 and still fell short, that's the level you are competing with

Past managers were operating on a lower standard with a lot more margin for error

I get you are not happy with just finishing 2nd but what's your solution? Sack him? And replace him with who?

So if a club keeps falling short they should just keep sticking with the manager?

Did Chelsea do that with Raneri? When they fell short in league and CL or did they go get a manager to get them over the line. Their are plenty of teams or individual sportsmen who fall short and they then go and change the captain, coach, manager, trainer etc.

You mentioned fine margins, sometimes as much as someone has improved they still can't get over the line. You go and try and find someone that can.

Arsenal starting 11 is good, so let's not pretend their aren't other managers around that couldn't come in and get the team over the line.

Arsenal have the resources to go out and get an elite or proven manager, whether they choose to is a different matter.

Arteta nearly left last season. Yet most fan base act like as though the club won't exist if he leaves.

Simone, Zidane, Flick, Alonso, Luis Enrique, Inzaghi are all proven managers at other clubs that would be more than qualified to come in and take over a good squad, make a few more signings and would be expected to win titles.

If Barca or Rangers are stupid enough this summer to take Arteta as their manager and for argument sake he decides to leave. Are entire fan base going to panic thinking the club's going to fall apart. Arteta is an employee of the club, no different to players. The club existed before he was here and will after he's gone

So, despite clean sheets vs the big 6, setting a club record for highest number of wins in a season, Arsenal are now officially the 1st losing side of the EPL this season - 2 years running.

Everyone get together and says Cheese! Cheese!

😎

Elite clubs like Real, Barcs, Bayern or City would sack their managers of they were failing to win title regularly. In the case of Real Madrid even winning la liga or CL and you would still get sacked.

kronkes Only care about CL money, so as long as manager makes top 4 they won't care. Whole reason wenger was sacked because Arsenal stopped making top 4 and fans started not turning up at games.

When the fan base and owners are happy just competing then it's reason why this club won't win major trophies

Tbf Arteta has been given a lot of financial backing , will this continue , surely it must ?

Arteta has been given good financial backing , surely it needs to continue?

If he’s not going anywhere, where will he spend ?

So, despite clean sheets vs the big 6, setting a club record for highest number of wins in a season, Arsenal are now officially the 1st losing side of the EPL this season - 2 years running.

Everyone get together and says Cheese! Cheese!

😎
Cheese! Cheese!
Oh and another season of dodged rotten eggs, tomatoes and bookmarked posts. :klopp

@Amjid Javed "Kroenke's don't care about winning the title, they only want CL" 🤡

Is this why they sanctioned a 105m deal for Rice after Arsenal finished 2nd in the league? Arsenal didn't need to spend a penny last summer to stay in the top 4, the squad as it is was more than good enough for UCL qualification. The reason Arsenal went ahead and spent 105m on one player was because they have the ambition to win the PL and they will not stop until they do so and they are very, very close.

Stop this rubbish chest thumping that UTds of the past would not come close to Arsenal, infact UTD of 2006-2011 were elite level , they would had brushed Arsenal away

Look at the names

Ferdinand.Vidic Evra Tevez.CR7 Rooney Hargreaves who from current Arsenal side is at their level Tossard 😳 White or Jesus:)))

@Amjid Javed "Kroenke's don't care about winning the title, they only want CL" 🤡

Is this why they sanctioned a 105m deal for Rice after Arsenal finished 2nd in the league? Arsenal didn't need to spend a penny last summer to stay in the top 4, the squad as it is was more than good enough for UCL qualification. The reason Arsenal went ahead and spent 105m on one player was because they have the ambition to win the PL and they will not stop until they do so and they are very, very close.
That's all you're going to get, "very very close" unless you have the cojones to decree another title prediction next season?

There is a feeling of inevitability about this Arteta and this Arsenal team just like it was about Klopp and his Liverpool a year or two before they won the league. Yes they fell short, but you know that they were on the cusp and will eventually get there.

There is no doubt at all that this group under Arteta will win the PL very soon. That is all that matters to genuine Arsenal fans. The criticism of rival fans and the toxic agendas of certain Arsenal fans who already been proved wrong doesn't matter.

Logging off from this thread. I will see you all in the 2024/25 thread as Arsenal go again.

As I said, I am very sad today, but I am also filled with great optimism and excitement as look forward to 2024/25.

Stop this rubbish chest thumping that UTds of the past would not come close to Arsenal, infact UTD of 2006-2011 were elite level , they would had brushed Arsenal away

Look at the names

Ferdinand.Vidic Evra Tevez.CR7 Rooney Hargreaves who from current Arsenal side is at their level Tossard 😳 White or Jesus:)))
Tevez and Ronaldo left in 2009. This Arsenal team is better than the 2009-2013 United team.

Imagine calling 2009-10 and 2015-16 title races when Arsenal finished 11 and 10 points behind the champions. :ROFLMAO:

0% ball knowledge for a reason.

It is fact that until 2022-23, 2007-08 was the only title challenge for Arsenal after winning the PL in 2004.
% Ball knowledge is your nonsense excuses

Arsenal in 09/10 with 5 games left were 3 points behind Chelse, so they were in title race. Just like this season woth 5 games left Liverpool were.

The final points totals are irrelevant and just a weak excuses. By your dumb logic then, Arsenal weren't in a title race last season.

When City won title last season after Arsenal bottled it Forest the gap was 8 points.

So your weak argument on 10 points is Irrelevant.

Anyways get writing your apology for yet another trophyless season or is it a case of you lying again.

% Ball knowledge is your nonsense excuses

Arsenal in 09/10 with 5 games left were 3 points behind Chelse, so they were in title race. Just like this season woth 5 games left Liverpool were.

The final points totals are irrelevant and just a weak excuses. By your dumb logic then, Arsenal weren't in a title race last season.

When City won title last season after Arsenal bottled it Forest the gap was 8 points.

So your weak argument on 10 points is Irrelevant.

Anyways get writing your apology for yet another trophyless season or is it a case of you lying again.
Being X points behind after Y matches is arbitrary BS. The only thing that matters is where you finish at the end of the season. If you are 10 and 11 pts behind the champs at the end of the season, you are not in a title race. As simple as that.

Arsenal were only 5 pts behind City at the end of last season, not 10-11.

It is fact that the 2007-08 was the only title challenge for Arsenal after winning the league. Make peace with the fact that Arsenal has transformed Arsenal into title contenders for the first time in a decade.

So if a club keeps falling short they should just keep sticking with the manager?

Did Chelsea do that with Raneri? When they fell short in league and CL or did they go get a manager to get them over the line. Their are plenty of teams or individual sportsmen who fall short and they then go and change the captain, coach, manager, trainer etc.

You mentioned fine margins, sometimes as much as someone has improved they still can't get over the line. You go and try and find someone that can.

Arsenal starting 11 is good, so let's not pretend their aren't other managers around that couldn't come in and get the team over the line.

Arsenal have the resources to go out and get an elite or proven manager, whether they choose to is a different matter.

Arteta nearly left last season. Yet most fan base act like as though the club won't exist if he leaves.

Simone, Zidane, Flick, Alonso, Luis Enrique, Inzaghi are all proven managers at other clubs that would be more than qualified to come in and take over a good squad, make a few more signings and would be expected to win titles.

If Barca or Rangers are stupid enough this summer to take Arteta as their manager and for argument sake he decides to leave. Are entire fan base going to panic thinking the club's going to fall apart. Arteta is an employee of the club, no different to players. The club existed before he was here and will after he's gone

Context is important, falling short and "failing" is obviously not acceptable but if there is season on season improvement then absolutely I think a manager should remain in place

Ultimately I'm not an Arsenal fan so it's for them to say what they want to do

The Ranieri example imo is not comparable, Chelsea spent heavily and they were 11 points behind Arsenal in the league and Ranieri wasn't Roman's man so was always on a short leash

Context is important, falling short and "failing" is obviously not acceptable but if there is season on season improvement then absolutely I think a manager should remain in place

Ultimately I'm not an Arsenal fan so it's for them to say what they want to do

The Ranieri example imo is not comparable, Chelsea spent heavily and they were 11 points behind Arsenal in the league and Ranieri wasn't Roman's man so was always on a short leash
Raneri isn't comparable?

Based on what? Arsenal have spent plenty of money and keep falling short in league, domestic cups trash and Europe trash.

Chelsea back when Raneri were no different, a good side which kept falling short in All competitions

Season on season improvement is just a waste when their is no trophies. Arsenal right now are no different to poch under spurs

Raneri isn't comparable?

Based on what? Arsenal have spent plenty of money and keep falling short in league, domestic cups trash and Europe trash.

Chelsea back when Raneri were no different, a good side which kept falling short in All competitions

Season on season improvement is just a waste when their is no trophies. Arsenal right now are no different to poch under spurs
Yes, he isn't comparable and I literally gave the reasons why

They spent heavily and he was 11 points behind, as well as not being Roman's man so he needed an excuse to get rid of him

Logging off from this thread. I will see you all in the 2024/25 thread as Arsenal go again.

As I said, I am very sad today, but I am also filled with great optimism and excitement as look forward to 2024/25.
Good riddance. I called you out mid-season on the Apology stipulation if Arsenal finished trophyless.

As expected your running 🏃‍♂️ like last season 🤣

I can't believe Arsenal gave 6 points to Villa and sacrificed their title chances just so Spurs would miss out on top four. What a small minded team, no ambition. :klopp

Sadly those 6 points Emery got cost Arsenal title.

Thats the slap of reality Arteta cheerleader deserved.

Emery has now cost Arteta 2 trophies. Imagine criticising a manager calling him rubbish. Then that rubbish manager takes the messiah to school again and again

There is a feeling of inevitability about this Arteta and this Arsenal team just like it was about Klopp and his Liverpool a year or two before they won the league. Yes they fell short, but you know that they were on the cusp and will eventually get there.

There is no doubt at all that this group under Arteta will win the PL very soon. That is all that matters to genuine Arsenal fans. The criticism of rival fans and the toxic agendas of certain Arsenal fans who already been proved wrong doesn't matter.

By this time Klopp had won both CL & PL .

Any early predictions for next season ? 24/25 title in the bag ?

Oh dear so all season Arteta cheerleaders hypocrisy, made up criteria, predictions and nonsical facts were exposed.

I'm sure next season will be the same.

But but I expected Arteta two win 2 out of next 3 PL titles...

When it doesn't happen same cowardly excuses will come from the chicken who laid rotten eggs

The guys lost the plot. Now supposedly Arteta has gone back im time and won titles between 2009 and 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guys lost the plot. Now supposedly Arteta has gone back im time and won titles between 2009 and 2013.
Just when you think you can't get to any lower levels of delusion. Thankfully, he's quit the thread or shall I say driven out once more due to all these ludicrous claims.

Oh well, onto next season for some more laughs.

Made the mistake visiting this thread while I I had some time browsing my phone

Nice to see that everyone is still in character.

Pep and Man City are just a machine and if you think Arteta deserves the sack after this season then your hate is clouding your judgement.

Please can don't cite previous winning teams that you have seen lift trophies as though it gives you some god given right to talk rubbish about the team you claim to support.

This team didn't win the league no. But it got more points than every other season in recent history barring the invincibles. Why don't you talk about that? Instead of talking about 8th place finishes.

Just to add to the above. I stick by what I said.

Havertz signing will make or break him. Havertz has done extremely well and has been a key part of Arsenal's run in.

I said the trajectory must not stagnate and we must be in the race. We were right until the end.

Arteta MUST win the league next season otherwise it's time to move on
I think we will.

Carabao cup is a nice to have.

FA Cup we battered Liverpool but ourselves to blame for the misses.

Champions League I don't think we played badly vs Bayern. It was pretty even but their experience and heritage showed.

All in all empty handed but the standards have been raised so high that we are disappointed in getting 89 points

Exactly what I been thinking, Klopp gets so much stick for not doing enough despite winning the PL and CL, yet Arteta is defended every season for competing; and goalposts are shifted to give him as big a window possible to win something of note. When has a manager ever been given such a long rope in modern times, it’s beyond me, Arteta is the benefit scrounger of the Premiee League, any success he does have should come with a giant asterisk, but he isn’t even there yet, the blind support is a bit odd.

Klopp has achieved more however it's convenient to ignore his PL record since winning it. He's not won it in 4 seasons I believe?

Arteta vs Klopp comparisons are to early as there is no competition. 1 has won the 2 big ones and the other hasn't.

However Klopp has been a manager for 25 years.

Once Arteta has been a manager for 25 years that's when comparisons should be made. Who has more league titles etc.

Who Klopp has managed prior is not an excuse for lack of league titles by the way. As it is what it is.

Made the mistake visiting this thread while I I had some time browsing my phone

Nice to see that everyone is still in character.

Pep and Man City are just a machine and if you think Arteta deserves the sack after this season then your hate is clouding your judgement.

Please can don't cite previous winning teams that you have seen lift trophies as though it gives you some god given right to talk rubbish about the team you claim to support.

This team didn't win the league no. But it got more points than every other season in recent history barring the invincibles. Why don't you talk about that? Instead of talking about 8th place finishes.
bro all good and well setting new records etc.. but ultimately it's lead to nothing. You have Arsenal fans on social media posting stuff like oh Arsenal got more points this season then fergie did with 7 of his titles. Its actually embarrassing that the fan base are clutching at straws, then belittling other managers achievements just to justify falling short. Liverpool fans doing the same with their 97 and 92 point seasons. Football has changed in 80s and 90s team had smaller squads, less subs, different rules etc. I'm not saying 80s or 90s is better then now or vice versa, but comparing points totals, number of wins etc.. vs another era is pointless.

What ever teams you are up against in your era are playing under same rules. Same access to fitness regimes, cab use similar squad sizes, same number of subs and playing under same rules.

As much as I hate Liverpool and their fans when they had their 97 point season, they atleast had the CL win that season to show for it.

Their 92 point season, they got to 3 cups finals, won 2 cups and were 2 wins away from a quadruple.

Arsenal have gone toe to toe with CIty in league and have nothing to show for it in the league or in europe or domestically.

We saw spurs for 2 season in title races and not win anything, lost a CL final as well. In one of those calender years they got the most points they ever have in PL and had nothing to show for it.

Unless your a spurs fan or back in 90s Newcastle fan for example and you had 2 good seasons, you've won the most points, wins, goals etc. If you finish empty handed - no one cares. These two teams might look back at these near misses as they don't win anything.

But with your big clubs in 10 years or 20 years time, no one is going to sat oh Do you remember "trust the process" when we had a good team but won nothing.

We had a good team between 07/08 up until 09/10. This isnt a this current team is better than or that is better. We were in two title races, one which we lost as we fell apart after eduardos injury, another where we bottled are last 7 games when we had easier fixtures left then Chelsea and United in 09/10. We also got to CL final. Ultimately it came to nothing.

Same goes for this team, this its the best its been in 20 years, best team at Emirates, all other so called adulation and Ultimately it's got nothing to show for it.

Weve seen plenty of so called golden era generation teams and they have nothing to show for it and this team right now is showing no different.

One final point on "points totals" you can scrutinise other sports and records

Example in 1980s record for 100M running would say for example sakes be 10.00

Now it's 9.78 and say the 2nd fastest is 9.80

You could then say well the person with PB 9.8 is better than then all 80s runners. He would have won gold in 1984 if he running back then. I am not saying your doing this cross era points total thing, but plenty of Arsenal and Liverpool fans are to comfort themselves on failure.

Maybe go get some photos taken at club by oddegard or take "Win" the dog for a walk. Enjoy the memories, while City are lifting trophies.

Klopp has achieved more however it's convenient to ignore his PL record since winning it. He's not won it in 4 seasons I believe?

Arteta vs Klopp comparisons are to early as there is no competition. 1 has won the 2 big ones and the other hasn't.

Once Arteta has been a manager for 25 years that's when comparisons should be made. Who has more league titles etc.

Who Klopp has managed prior is not an excuse for lack of league titles by the way. As it is what it is.
Mate, two or three non arsenal supporting posters like to hammer the nail in with respect to a certain poster....

Last edited by a moderator:
All of sudden points totals are more important then winning the league. Both Liverpool and Arsenal fans clutching to this nonsense are embarrassing. Losers mentality.

Then have audacity to turn around and tell others about how they are supporting their club.

When's the we got 89. 92, 97 points
parade? Embarrassing losers

Klopps record at Liverpool is underwhelming, I have said this before.

Arteta record at Arsenal is embarrassing.

A comparison of who has better mediocre record is pointless.

Good campaign. Commiserations to you guys but you did run city mighty close and have some excellent foundations to build upon on.

Hopefully some silverware next year. Realistically it's going to be a two horse race again as all other teams are way off the mark and Liverpool will need time to adjust to post klopp era.

Yes agree. Arsenal have done well. It’s extremely difficult to compete with Manchester City.

@MK7Z

You want to go on about 89 points, most PL wins etc..

1998 / 99

Arsenal 78 points - Arsenal's highest total in PL history at time

17 goals conceded in league (A PL record at the time)

5 goals conceded at home ( A PL record still to this day)

Didn't lose a PL game at home (1st time Arsenal had done this in PL at the time)

Record number of clean sheets for Arsenal in a PL season (at the time)

Longest run without a defeat 19 games again a record for Arsenal (at the time)

What was the end result a trophyless season, with united winning a treble.

Do you think the fan base were celebrating,

oh we got 78 points guys

Oh we took it to the last day

Oh we conceded the least number of goals.

No one cares about points totals, records been broken if you don't win anything.

All of sudden because records have Bern broken its a justification on failure.

I just given you example above of plenty of records at the time, in a failed season.

Mate, two or three non arsenal supporting posters like to hammer the nail in with respect to a certain poster.... then you have AJ
A certain 🤡 deserved a slap of reality. Those celebrating record points total as a trophy are no better.

Man united finished 2nd with 89 points in 11/12 - you think united fans and SAF were celebratin Points totals at time?

Spurs broke their PB PL records under Poch, end result no trophies

Liverpool scored 100+ PL goals in 13/14 season, a record for livepool

Any one care for these records? NO

Because they didn't win anything.

But but we only got 1 point less then invicibles.

Also funny how vast majority of Arsenal and Pakistan cricket fans will slate the cricket team for failur, cutting cake etc.. then make excuses for football team they support.

Personally I disagree with manager x has been doing the job for an x amount of years when judging them. Arsenal bought in Arteta so that’s on them, I think you have to look at how long he has been in the Premier League or how long at your club to judge how well he is doing, Arteta has some high level experience under his belt and he is competing with City to which is grear. It’s up to Arsenal fans to judge if that’s enough to justify the long rope he has been given, many managers don’t get such opportunities or sort of being fast tracked, so there’s that to consider to, Klopp had to work his way from German’s second division.

In the EPL, Klopp I think won the Champions League in his second or third season with Liverpool. Arteta has been with Arsenal since 2019, so one way I can get it if some fans are getting impatient with him not having won a trophy or title in a while.

@MK7Z

You want to go on about 89 points, most PL wins etc..

1998 / 99

Arsenal 78 points - Arsenal's highest total in PL history at time

17 goals conceded in league (A PL record at the time)

5 goals conceded at home ( A PL record still to this day)

Didn't lose a PL game at home (1st time Arsenal had done this in PL at the time)

Record number of clean sheets for Arsenal in a PL season (at the time)

Longest run without a defeat 19 games again a record for Arsenal (at the time)

What was the end result a trophyless season, with united winning a treble.

Do you think the fan base were celebrating,

oh we got 78 points guys

Oh we took it to the last day

Oh we conceded the least number of goals.

No one cares about points totals, records been broken if you don't win anything.

All of sudden because records have Bern broken its a justification on failure.

I just given you example above of plenty of records at the time, in a failed season.
Nobody is celebrating fella.

Merely pointing out it isn't as doom and gloom as you and your leader Lee Gunner make out.

You guys would rather be proved right than Arsenal win the league and if you asked majority of posters on this thread they would agree except the rival fans who you entertain and they then gas you up even more.

I don't doubt you care about Arsenal in a weird way.

Like a parent who will scald their kid cos he got A's instead of A* or whatever the education system uses to grade stuff these days.

Personally I disagree with manager x has been doing the job for an x amount of years when judging them. Arsenal bought in Arteta so that’s on them, I think you have to look at how long he has been in the Premier League or how long at your club to judge how well he is doing, Arteta has some high level experience under his belt and he is competing with City to which is grear. It’s up to Arsenal fans to judge if that’s enough to justify the long rope he has been given, many managers don’t get such opportunities or sort of being fast tracked, so there’s that to consider to, Klopp had to work his way from German’s second division.

In the EPL, Klopp I think won the Champions League in his second or third season with Liverpool. Arteta has been with Arsenal since 2019, so one way I can get it if some fans are getting impatient with him not having won a trophy or title in a while.
I don't see the point in making the comparison. If anything compare with Pep. He is the standard and above them all and maybe even the GOAT pending the 115.

Merely pointing out it isn't as doom and gloom as you and your leader Lee Gunner make out.

You guys would rather be proved right than Arsenal win the league and if you asked majority of posters on this thread they would agree except the rival fans who you entertain and they then gas you up even more.

Like a parent who will scald their kid cos he got A's instead of A* or whatever the education system uses to grade stuff these days.
Big clubs are judged on Titles they win and how they do in Europe.

Facts are the club keeps falling short, so to get over that hurdle of falling short for 4 years running, it's time to get someone new in. Proven and also that can improve the mentality at the club.

This isnt a proving right competition, this is me calling my club out to get over the line and do what's required. Rather then being runners up again and again.

And the new one, winning made up titles back in time. 🤣🤣🤣
This sadly sums up the 🤡 in the fan base, now all of sudden this season 89 points means they would have won 20 titles back in history. Its actually embarrassing when nonsense like this get put out.

Add to that the fact the coward didn't apologise at end of season as well like he said he would.

Ultimately everyone is entitled to support/follow a club in whichever way they like but I've been on this forum going way back (though with a large period of absence) and I genuinely fail to see what enjoyment he gets out of football, I just don't get it

I get the primary aim of football is winning and I would bloody love to win something, that's the hope that I have but it's not the be all and end all otherwise you end up finding very little joy in football and I think it's sad if you solely live your football life through just needing to finish top of a table

I've been a Newcastle fan for over 3 decades and we've won nothing in that time but that hasn't been pointless to me, obviously we've come close on a couple of occasions and I always have hope (apart from when Ashley owned us) that fortunes will change for us but the moments, goals, players etc etc have provided plenty of memories and joy

Arsenal have had way, way more success than Newcastle (not that it takes much) but I reckon I have gotten more joy out of football than AJ and that is bizarre considering the great players and success Arsenal have had

No doubt, I'll be called a loser with a loser mentality but if the alternative is to be constantly angry, constantly bitter and seemingly take more enjoyment out of Arsenal losing because it makes you "right" in an online debate then I'm happy to have a loser mentality

Back