Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shot by faisal but i think we should play normally. not much attack and mot much defense. i think they should 1st make a plan whether they want to win it or draw it. damn big blow. but gone. we need a big more then 100 runs partnership. we cant afford anymore wickets in todays game. 2-80 now we must stay still and try to be on the crease with 2 down till the end of the day. good batting to come but PAK are upredictables. very glad to see amir picking up 5 wickets. im sure he would had bowled with great pace.

Love cricinfo commentary:

Hauritz to Faisal Iqbal, SIX, flighted delivery, the batsman dances down the pitch and lofts high and hard straight down the ground, cracking shot

:)))

JeeraBlade said:
No he is trying his best to jinx the poor guy. Momo does not realize that he does not need any jinxing! :)
Actually he is so bad that the jinx works in the opposite direction. That's why I do it. :)

the thing was that salman after watching faisal bat like that lost his concentration,,, his flash shot at the 1st ball then an attempted hoick at the next one..given he was just defending it constantly before just proves it.

I am sorry to say butt and farhat don't have what it takes at this level. There 30/40s are no good.

First Farhat and now BUtt

Farhat got out twice in same manner and now Butt , they both have looked good , they have to work on those incoming balls from left armers. Go to net with Amir you stupids ...

I think Umar Should Have Come in at this point or may be Misbah. Pakistan were going for the win i think :( Johnson the son of a .........

Momo said:
Umar Akmal special!

to win or save this game, more than a uakmal special we need a yousuf special......bat out all of today and tomorrow, get something like 150, walk back not out

Well barring a miracle Pakistan will lose this match. But they have really improved with both bat and ball in the second innings, much more aggression and intent. Good show.

Without belabouring the point if you had not dropped both our openers in the first session it might be a very different game - there is 200 free runs we got.

butt playing cross bat again. Even Aus no 7 knows not to play cross bat in Aus. I guess he reached his avg 30s again.

I think Butt is a good Opener. He makes starts, just needs to make them into big scores. I always been his supporter. He is always improving. Keep BUTT, Drop Farhat. Instantly.

Random Aussie said:
Well barring a miracle Pakistan will lose this match. But they have really improved with both bat and ball in the second innings, much more aggression and intent. Good show.

Without belabouring the point if you had not dropped both our openers in the first session it might be a very different game - there is 200 free runs we got.

There is still cricket left to be played. Don't count us out yet. ;-)

coy0607 said:
to win or save this game, more than a uakmal special we need a yousuf special......bat out all of today and tomorrow, get something like 150, walk back not out
Yousaf special might give you a draw. To get a win, you need nothing less than an Umar Akmal special or a Faisal Iqbal special.

Wicked Fast Bowler said:
so the batting coach has no input during the batsman's inning? there's no way of getting the message to a batsman if he's doing something obviously wrong? coaching isnt just done prior to or after the game...its done during the game as well.

Btw, who is the batting coach?

Reality check for the folks who even think that we can win ----- it is 87/2 now. Even with a double century partnership between Moyo/Bhanja, it will be 287/2 --- still 130 away from the target.

Not going to happen!

JeeraBlade said:
Reality check for the folks who even think that we can win ----- it is 87/2 now. Even with a double century partnership between Moyo/Bhanja, it will be 287/2 --- still 130 away from the target.

Not going to happen!
that is very bleak comment:(

Momo said:
Yousaf special might give you a draw. To get a win, you need nothing less than an Umar Akmal special or a Faisal Iqbal special.

Dont Know if any one has realised but Yousuf can ATTACK, Just as good as any1

Well all I can say is when was the last time we saw Faisal Iqbal going at strike rate of almost 70.

JeeraBlade said:

Not going to happen!

What's the RR that Pakistan have to keep up with if they want to win?

Im now thinking of my Fantasy XI points.

Come on MJ & Hauritz get them all out (after runs from Umer & Moyo)

Farhat and Butt don't belong in the team. Both are rubbish. You'd think they would improve but its the same old rubbish from them.

Lethal said:
Farhat and Butt don't belong in the team. Both are rubbish. You'd think they would improve but its the same old rubbish from them.

Disagree Butt is Always Improving. He makes starts 30's, 40's. Farhat I agree he cant make 20

adzzy786 said:
I think Butt is a good Opener. He makes starts, just needs to make them into big scores. I always been his supporter. He is always improving. Keep BUTT, Drop Farhat. Instantly.

Agree but you are forgetting that Farhat has a big safarish, it is not really about talent and who is improving

The good thing is that Faisal is hitting everything positively. A refreshing improvement from Pakistani norm of timidity.

Momo said:
Momo bhai I know you recognize the true worth of a maar dhaar marka batsman. What do you think of this line up for ENG next summer.
I nazir
Shazaib hasan
YK
M Y
Umar
Afridi
Kamran
Razzaq
Bowlers.

JeeraBlade said:

Not going to happen!
Our real batting starts from #5.

adzzy786 said:
Disagree Butt is Always Improving. He makes starts 30's, 40's. Farhat I agree he cant make 20

Butt is improving. Your joking right. He has potential but has never rectified his technical or mental aspect of the game.

He has played 25 matches at an average of 29.26 Just 2 centuries and 7 fifties. A poor cricketer by today's standard's. Even on flat tracks he is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back