Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is too much grass on this stupid ground, would have been two fours on subcontinental wickets.

Faisal putting his best in here, he knows his spot will more than likely be gone when YK comes back for 2nd test.

If we are to chase this down, we would have to take 280 of the runs from the spinner.

Faisal is playing the perfect game: mercilessly murdering the spinner yet still giving a false impression that any ball could get him out; provoking Ponting to persistent with Hauritz.

Way to go Faisal, you're doing Mark Nicholas proud. :jm

Last edited:
I am really happy the way Pakistan are Playing in this innings. Makes me wonder why dont we Always play like this. :) Insha'allah we will win tommorow. I think Pakistan are going for the win. Positive attitude. Its Good, Mash'allah

Big Mac said:
The defensive MoYo who charged down the wicket and slapped the third ball he faced for 6? :13:
Why let facts get in the way of a good ole whinge? ;-)

mindless slogging said:
If we are to chase this down, we would have to take 280 of the runs from the spinner.

Faisal is playing the perfect game: mercilessly murdering the spinner yet still giving a false impression that any ball could get him out; provoking Ponting to persistent with Hauritz.

Way to go Faisal, you're doing Mark Nicholson proud. :jm
:)))

The Aussie commentators are a bit worried it seems.

miandad must be phoning all his relatives up on the phone now like, 'thats my nephew right there!'

IAJ said:
The Aussie commentators are a bit worried it seems.

They seem worried about bhanja...... even making reference to Miandad.
Veryy strangeeee......................

adzzy786 said:
I am really happy the way Pakistan are Playing in this innings. Makes me wonder why dont we Always play like this.
Because it would be inhuman to sustain a performance at your 'best' all the time? The game isn't played on computers or in a lab, its played in the field where a 1,001 factors impact your performance from one day to the next.

That was an idiotic shot from Faisal. LOI influence there clearly. They need to learn how to bat in the 4th innings.

Faisal goes for 48 - just when we are ecovering so well.

Staying power - no Pak batsman has it

I don't fault him. I think he really deserved 50 and played a good innings. Good intent. Not stupid aggression but no tuk tuk cricket. It happens but for once i applaud and give him credit!

Damn! :(

Oh well. Let's look on the bright side. Gives Umar time to get his 200.

Now the real battle can commence ;-)

Vegitto1 said:
reconsider!
My assessment of Hauritz stays the same. Tells a lot about our batters though.

Although Faisal played well today in terms of intent.

MIG said:
Faisal goes for 48 - just when we are ecovering so well.

Staying power - no Pak batsman has it
Seems like every batsman takes jamal ghota before coming to bat :13:

Oh BTW...Hauritz is way better then Ajmal...at least the former can bowl a conventional off-spin that actually spins...

adzzy786 said:
I am really happy the way Pakistan are Playing in this innings. Makes me wonder why dont we Always play like this. :) Insha'allah we will win tommorow. I think Pakistan are going for the win. Positive attitude. Its Good, Mash'allah

Errr, maybe because in this innings the ball isn't reverse swinging round corners? :13:

I said:
That was an idiotic shot from Faisal. LOI influence there clearly. They need to learn how to bat in the 4th innings.

cant blame faisal it hit a rough edge he hardly got to spin anything before that

Yet again, Pakistan beginning to look good only to give their wicket away. And you can just sense a wicket falling every time they put any pressure on the Aussies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back