Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sorry excuse for an offspinner gets hit for another boudary. Obviously 'if it doesn't hit the crack, it doesn't turn' is the rule for Hauritz.

And another.

And a half.

octavian said:
Faithal looked good today. why do our players choke so much?

tbf to Faisal an almost identical delivery earlier in the over hadn't turned an inch and then suddenly Hauritz made it turn square. Not going to blame Faisal for that dismissal

Big Mac said:
tbf to Faisal an almost identical delivery earlier in the over hadn't turned an inch and then suddenly Hauritz made it turn square. Not going to blame Faisal for that dismissal

but he shud have watched the ball, like Akmal did. Not take anything for granted.

12 off the over!! pak moving on nicely as if they havent lost a single wicket! you guys gotta admit, faisals wicket was lucky, and yousuf knew that too. it span way more than expected outta nowhere.

280 in 100 over required. RR 2.80 so we can survive Misbah's tuk tuk.
If we do not get all out tomorrow we can win this. There is no draw left in this game.

Momo said:
The sorry excuse for an offspinner gets hit for another boudary. Obviously 'if it doesn't hit the crack, it doesn't turn' is the rule for Hauritz.

And another.

And a half.

:))) :))) :))) Momo, you've torn him apart here. What will happen to his confidence now that he was meant to be our match-winner? He may just buckle under pressure and start getting legit wickets.

just 282 now.........it they can chip away another 25-30 today, then you just need about 250 tomorrow, with wickets in hand, game on

Come on get another 25-30 runs. No more wickets

Then another 90 from the first session tomorrow.

These two will take us to victory :)

250 with 5 wickets will be hard considering 4 are tailenders!

I don't think Iqbal should be dropped now for some reason. He was playing well.

hashmist said:
will this innings save a spot in the side for bhanja for the next test?

he didn't look like getting out in both the first and second innings. In the first one he played a stupid shot and in the 2nd he got the best ball the off-spinner has bowled.

I say retain him. see how misbah does

hashmist said:
will this innings save a spot in the side for bhanja for the next test?
If he keeps performing and shows fight like he did today, I have no problem for him being in the team.

Masha'allah pak looking good. yousef n umar well settled and ticking along. They just need to hold their wickets 2day n get wat they can then get a big partnership 2moro to try n orchestrate a win if not a draw.

MOYO is amazing batsman.While he is there PAK has an outside chance.........................

If we end up 175/3, its not bad. one more wkt would put Aus in total charge.

Faisal unlucky today. That was probably the best ball Hauritz bowled in the whole match and he decided to cut it.

saeed-sohail said:
I have enjoyed this session. Definitely worth staying up till 6:40 am.

Me too brother. Glad I stayed awake. Sleeping after Fazr prayer now.

I think someone needs to have a word with Umar with regards to sliding the bat.

2 more to MoYo.

Cricinfo's headlines today:

1. Farhat falls early in huge chase (not sure about the exact wording)
2. Johnson adds to Pakistan's struggle
3. Hauritz adds to Pakistan's struggle.

Where is the talk about Faisal's nice little innings? the partnership betwen butt and faisal? partnership between akmal and yousuf?

mindless slogging said:
:))) :))) :))) Momo, you've torn him apart here. What will happen to his confidence now that he was meant to be our match-winner? He may just buckle under pressure and start getting legit wickets.
Well that is of course possible but that will be with cooperation from our Pakistani brothers, and not because God forbid he turned a ball. Except if it's from a crack.

Lethal said:
I think someone needs to have a word with Umar with regards to sliding the bat.
Agreed. What is the coach and the captain doing there? Moyo should tell him that

mindless slogging said:
Wasn't your username Poison before or do you have the same avatar?
No. I've had this avatar for a whole year. I've seen Poison post before.
I haven't been on this site for a few months.

Aussies messing with MoYo 'cause they know he has gotten used to the bowling and is fit for the end of this match.

Akmal and Yousuf should go berserk on these last eight overs. Hmmmm, 7-8 RPO?

Umar needs to have a word with yousaf. needs to calm him down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back