Australia v Pakistan | 3rd test - 5th day | Hobart | 18/1/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Nicholas just said Bhanja has more talent than Khurram - Praising Khurrams resilience vs his ability.

Sarfaraz as a former junior Capt. is really encouraging Khurram and trying to look for the singles.

"Apna khyal karna" is what he said between overs!

Random Aussie said:
Time for a wicket.

Manzoor proving the irony of Pakistan batsmen once again. You can either have:

a) guy with all the shots who gives his wicket away or;

b) guy with no technique who puts a price on his wicket

If Manzoor lasts till lunch, he will be my hero. This is exactly what our top players missing...play for country and value your wkt

Sarfraz is at least active at the nonstriker's end unlike some players :butt

Commentators giving credit to selectors for picking manzoor over faisal...

Its nice to see manzoor n sarfraz batting 2gether, but i dont fink d selectors deserve any credit 4 what theyv dun wv the team

sali said:
If Manzoor lasts till lunch, he will be my hero. This is exactly what our top players missing...play for country and value your wkt
If Malik had done the same then we'd say he's playing for his average..

Inswinger said:
If Malik had done the same then we'd say he's playing for his average..

Malik is incapable of even 'playing for his average'.

I like Sarfraz's attitude, maybe not as talented with the bat as Akmal but he looks like a little fighter. Reminds me of Moin Khan a lot.

Hilariously unlucky!

I'm still tipping Sarfaraz for future Capt.

Amazing!! He dropped it the first time. Only thing the ball landed on his boot instead of the ground!

Pakistan have made sure Hauritz average has come down to under 30, I think he started the series at 34. Good work lads. :D

Well thats the end of Sarfraz career wise.

Expect PCB to drop him and Kamran to comeback.

Aamir can play better then Sarfaraz,

i have no idea how he got 44+ aveg in first class cricket

Juggernaut said:
Well thats the end of Sarfraz career wise.

Expect PCB to drop him and Kamran to comeback.

That's what is going to happen. Horrible Akmal will be back dropping flies like no tomorrow.

Sledger said:
Pakistan have made sure Hauritz average has come down to under 30, I think he started the series at 34. Good work lads. :D

thats what we have done really good over the year.. with OBrian some Sl bowlers and now here with Aus

Sledger said:
:aamir will score 209.

He'll give Ponting a straightforward catch, which Ponting will drop as a token of appreciation and then go on to score those magical runs.

The young uns are also 0/2 chasing 100 against PNG.
Looks like nobody is expecting regulations, let alone miracles now. :moyo

Sarfraz is the first Pakistani to genuinely struggle against Hauritz.

Sledger said:

add these names as well:

Tushara
Kulasekra
Herath
O Brien

haha

bantu said:
Time for rain dance.........nacho
...:moyo.. :inti
stickmandancingplz.gif
stickmandancingplz.gif
:p

tdigi said:
A la tuhuelpa legria macarena
Que tuhuelce paralla legria cosabuena
A la tuhuelpa legria macarena Eeeh, macarena

Manzoor needs to do a Collingwood, he's doing a pretty good impression so far.

If Manzoor sticks around and makes a 50, give him another game instead of Mr. Damad.

Manzoor trying to protect :aamir of stike, I think it should be the other way round.

Mazoor playing responsibly so far, marshalling the tail.

People are slaging Manzoor for surviving like a tail ender but atleast hes survived for almost 150 balls while very1 else failed...thats impressive

Respect to Manzoor, putting up a fight.

Hopefully Hauritz the annihilator can run through the tail...

I am bitterly disappointed since sydney. Pak deserves to lose 3-0. Outplayed by the aussies in all depts. Especially batting and fielding.

Time to change from top down. Get rid of Butt and co.

KM is putting a good fight but I dont think he can bat all day. Aussies are winning this one for sure.

Sledger & On_the_Up - you should be sorry for your earlier words regarding Khurram Mansoor.

At least the kid has put a price on his wicket. :D

Oh definitely.

Just get MoYo to intermittently flash "the stare" on screen...

Manzoor gets bashed quite a bit here for his technique but he is definitely miles ahead of the other guys in terms of temperment. Faisal Iqbal, Umar Akmal, Salman Butt, Malik etc. have too often thrown away their wickets in much less challenging situations. His innings definitely gains him much respect. Would have been nice if Sarfraz had also stuck around, but alas PCB will probably just drop him.

Dare2Dream said:
Manzoor gets bashed quite a bit here for his technique but he is definitely miles ahead of the other guys in terms of temperment. Faisal Iqbal, Umar Akmal, Salman Butt, Malik etc. have too often thrown away their wickets in much less challenging situations. His innings definitely gains him much respect. Would have been nice if Sarfraz had also stuck around, but alas PCB will probably just drop him.

Dont you remember his first innings dismissal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back