England (158/3) secure a 7-wicket victory against Pakistan (157/10) in the fourth T20I to win the series 2-0

Which side will win today's match between England and Pakistan?

• Total voters

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
The fourth and final T20I of the series between England and Pakistan is scheduled to take place at the Kennington Oval in London today on Thursday, May 30.

England, under the leadership of Jos Buttler, are currently ahead in the series with a 1-0 lead, having secured a 23-run victory in the second T20I. Unfortunately, the first match in Leeds and the third match in Cardiff were called off without a toss due to inclement weather. To prevent a 2-0 series loss, a victory is crucial for Babar Azam and co.

DELfNjG.jpeg

Squads:

Pakistan
Squad: Mohammad Rizwan, Saim Ayub, Babar Azam(c), Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, Azam Khan(w), Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Amir, Haris Rauf, Agha Salman, Hasan Ali, Abrar Ahmed, Naseem Shah, Abbas Afridi, Irfan Khan, Usman Khan

England Squad: Philip Salt(w), Jonny Bairstow, Will Jacks, Harry Brook, Moeen Ali(c), Liam Livingstone, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley, Mark Wood, Ben Duckett, Sam Curran, Tom Hartley

=============

Warning:

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.​

Looks like a lot of rain in expected again in the evening.

Probably a washout or 10/10.

It is so frustrating when the rain spoils the party. I am sure that it is going to be another one of those days. This whole tour was nothing but a holiday trip.

If this gets washed out, we go straight to the WC with an unsure XI. I don't think we have any warm up matches

If this gets washed out, we go straight to the WC with an unsure XI. I don't think we have any warm up matches
This series was termed as the practice matches for Pakistan and England. There are not warmup games for Pakistan now. Hoping that this match goes on and rain stays away but it is looking quite impossible atm.

Pakistan will be going into the World Cup without any settled combination. They still have to experiment in those first few games.

I hope if this game happens without rain, Usman and Abrar play this match instead of saim and shadab.

It is going to rain in the evening when the match time starts. But it should clear up soon after that. We should have a delayed and maybe shortened game. Unless the officials decide to call off the game early regardless.

Pakistan will be going into the World Cup without any settled combination. They still have to experiment in those first few games.

I hope if this game happens without rain, Usman and Abrar play this match instead of saim and shadab.
Even if all 4 games were played, we'd still be going in with an unsettled 11

Yea. Rain has really spoiled the plans. I believe Pakistan should just play the XI today which they believe they will be playing against India.

Because the first warm up game won't be a great preparation leading towards the game against India.

It's time to trust the plans that were made. That's the best thing they can do now. If they work or get executed well or not. We'll find out soon.

Rain expected at 7pm and to carry on until 8:30 maybe. No rain before or after that.

Just looking to screw England's prep for the World T20

Will rain let game happen or not? I hope there is game. Haven't watched any international cricket for some time.

Well the BBC forecast is showing there is rain around or close to Oval but not at the oval itself during match time

Frustrating. Light precipitation is usually enough to stop a game these days

It was PCB's fault to make a mess of it. They always do blunders like this.

It could be a blessing in disguise as well. NO?
I don't see blessing. Matches against big team like England before WT20 would've cleared a lot of things. Like for instance in the first game we got to know what it be like if Shadab starts against a big team and bowls. Lets say against India.

Further matches we would've gotten clarity on Saim and Usman. Who's opening. Also would've seen Abrar and Naseem in a couple matches.

Now they do have the plans. But plans just look workable on paper. Until you test them out on ground. You won't know if they'll work or not.

Rain expected at 7pm and to carry on until 8:30 maybe. No rain before or after that.

Just looking to screw England's prep for the World T20

Beautiful, they brought all their main players back from the IPL just because it was the start of their home season, had this series been held in Pakistan, we would’ve seen some new faces in their squad.

Pakistan should play with Usman Khan as an opener today. This is the last chance to check him as an opener before world cup. the kind of team we have atm, we can't take usa and canada an easy opponent

The rain is expected to stop by the expected finish time of the match, how typical is that?

The Met office is reporting 10 to 20 percent rain from 1800 hours onwards at the oval - think we will get a game - all those scare mongers bad luck we have a game!

Usually anything above 50% means there will be rain at some point.

1717066252577.png

Not that it will, but if it does rain off it’ll be hilarious 😆- one poster was hoping for the 3rd T20 to be rained off because he didn’t want to go to the 4th T20 knowing that it’s a dead rubber😆
I can't believe some people think we stand a chance against England on their home turf. We just about won a series in Ireland and were humiliated by New Zealand's C team in our home by a series draw.

I just don't understand these people who value invidual milestones over pakistan winning

The playing XI for all World Cup games is already set in Babar's mind.

Usman won't get a chance in the playing XI because he poses a direct threat to Rizwan and Babar. If Usman performs well as an opener, it would reflect poorly on Rizwan or Babar. Babar is happy to keep Saim.

Additionally, there's no way Abrar will be chosen over Iftikhar or Shadab.

Weather forecasts are known many months prior. Poor scheduling by PCB. Who is accountable for this rain washed series?
This has got nothing to do with the PCB.
The ECB announce there summer Schedule 10 months before- I brought tickets in September last year.

Also impossible to gauge accurate weather even upto 24 hours before.
Part and parcel of cricket, there will be games affected by rain unfortunately. No one is really accountable.

As of right now the weather forecast is showing 70% thundery showers.... but i can confirm there is no rain in the air at all in London. 39% chance of rain at 8pm... i think we'll get a game in given the condition of the ground is ok.

Unfortunate for English players who skipped High competitive tournament just to play with this minnows team
Not really tbh

They needed a break from traveling and then going to the World Cup

They used this as an excuse to basically go back home or they would have been mentally fatigued during the World Cup

Not really tbh

They used this as an excuse to basically go back home or they would have been mentally fatigued during the World Cup
Not really tbh

Yes that could also be a reason

Pakistan should play with Usman Khan as an opener today. This is the last chance to check him as an opener before world cup. the kind of team we have atm, we can't take usa and canada an easy opponent

Abrar Ahmed and Usman Khan have been on the bench since the New Zealand series

Met office now showing rain at 5pm and 7pm.

Just call it off now, no point having the fans travel to the game.

Just shows that if Captain tourist/sightseeing had played sensible in the only game that was possible, a series win vs the WC was on.

I am in London and it is not raining right now. However, it did rain during lunch time and also forecast of some rain this evening.

What is the weather update now? Any london local who lives near Surrey?

Stop the speculation - there will be a full 20 over game with a chance of a delayed start - unless there is anyone in the ground or around the oval area keep you pendo London weather to yourself…

This is such a frustrating experience

2-3 hours prior to the game fans should be discussing team strategies and combinations…not Met office and weather apps

Wait until you see the weather in Dallas for the opener😆

Im in south london now... its clear. some of the clouds are looking a little dark but this has been the case for most of the day.... i think we'll get a full game.

If calamity Ayub is opening might aswell rain 1-0 sounds better than 4-0

Looking at current weather, rain so far and forecast. No way game is happening. I think usual story that outfield is too wet. There is not enough dry time, sun, etc especially in night for outfield to dry for them to take a chance.

can we do some other form of game, maybe one hand one tip in the indoor nets. unofficial 10 over tape ball game even with wet outfield but no fast bowling to avoid injury, etc.
maybe even book cricket. i just want something to watch during the slot.

According to the United Kingdom (UK) Met Office, there is a 50 per cent chance of rain at 7 PM, half an hour later than the scheduled time of the commencement of the fourth T20I.

According to the United Kingdom (UK) Met Office, there is a 50 per cent chance of rain at 7 PM, half an hour later than the scheduled time of the commencement of the fourth T20I.
Which clown made the schedule for this series?

London 50%, if you search The Oval Surrey you get 80%

As I said earlier. It would rain in the evening. As it is raining right now it will continue to do so for around 9PM local time. After that it will be all clear.

Fair to say we will have a delayed start but just the match in our hands. Unless officials decide to call it off early anyways.

As I said earlier. It would rain in the evening. As it is raining right now it will continue to do so for around 9PM local time. After that it will be all clear.

Fair to say we will have a delayed start but just the match in our hands. Unless officials decide to call it off early anyways.
how will the outfield be fit to play if it has rained so much already and no sun or enough spell without any rain for drying. no match.

So what do you think will it be like last mach no match or are we seeing something different here?

Back